celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Insane Cold: Back to the Ice Age here

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Sep 5, 14 6:26 PM
Well, I discovered, by accident, that in order to get the hint to work you have to click on the very rightmost edge of the button. I have also, however, gotten stuck at the hospital. The object I need (the red button) is also hidden behind the ice on the edges. I have had many words in the HO scenes that I had to guess at because they are also hidden behind the ice on the edges. I finally got frozen and had to completely turn off my computer. The ctr/alt/del would not even work on this mess of a game. I am so sorry I wasted a coupon on this piece of crap. I am also becoming sorry that I buy any of the games on this website. The good ones are becoming few and far between. Most of the releases these last few months have been poorly executed. Too bad the developers didnt suffer the same fate.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Sep 5, 14 9:23 PM
Seriously BFG you need to fix this game. It might have some hope - if the inventory items weren't so off center. The hint button is off center. Nevermind the misnamed items. I restarted the game too but still having the same problem. Can't scroll through inventory items in order to use them. How are we supposed to finish this game? How can BFG think this is acceptable? I've been waiting for two weeks for this to be fixed. Please fix the game so I can finish it. Geez.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Sep 6, 14 10:41 AM
I am having the same issues as others regarding items lining up on the screen. At first I did not think it was a resolution issue. The screens always looked fine. The only things that were off were: The medallion, that is supposed to fit in a frame above the Hint button, is hanging off the screen to the right, I thought if the Hint button and frame were also hanging off to the right, it would be a res issue. In HOP scenes, again, the picture is fine, but the ice block that frames the word list creeps onto the right two items and cuts them off.

When I look at game screens on my 1920x1020 res 23-inch monitor, everything in the scenes are perfectly proportioned and in place on the screen. I just had those issues above.

Alas, about halfway through the game, circumstances made the game unplayable as is. So I did start messing with my screen resolution and found that if I manually changed the res to 1280x1024, the bottom inventory bar now works.

But it would be nice for the developers to see if they can fix this, as I can see that these issues would be something that could drive potential customers away. Also, the res fixed the problems, but to be honest, the rest of the game looked much better at 1920x1020. At the "fixed" resolution, things look stretched out and thin.

Oh well ... play continues.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 3:50:32 PM PST

[Post New]by footballfan on Sep 6, 14 3:51 PM
The code 280 to the safe does not work, I have tried it over and over. Even downloaded the game over again. HELP!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 6, 14 6:24 PM
footballfan wrote:The code 280 to the safe does not work, I have tried it over and over. Even downloaded the game over again. HELP!

Did you actually find the code and read it in game? You can't just learn what the code is here or in a walkthrough or something and use it. Your character actually has to find the code for themselves in the game before it will work. (If you didn't find it, highlight here with your mouse --> Use the headphones on the yellow display on the right in the room with the whale shark swimming above you.)

If you did find it, you need to move the slider arrow above the number columns to enter each number. So, enter the 2, then move the slider over so it's above the middle number, then enter the 8. The 0 is already there, so that's all you need to do.

[Post New]by bluebam on Sep 7, 14 11:38 AM
I almost finished this game and it took me back to play I reinstalled it almost finished and it took me back to play so contracted BF haven't heard back. ive been with this co. for 12 years just about ready to leave them

[Post New]by bejo70 on Sep 16, 14 12:50 PM
Could have been a nice game. Nice graphics, bur I have had almost all of the problems listed by others. It got so confusing at one point that i tried the walkthrough (which i consider to be cheating. There is no walk through. Hope bigfish can work this out. I have been with bigfish for many years, and I am seldom disappointed. Thanks.

Edited on 09/16/2014 at 12:51:23 PM PST

[Post New]by jenniferm87 on Oct 13, 14 7:08 PM
At the end of the game and I played the last seek and find on the chest on the stairs in the ice citadel but did not receive the ice dagger and I only have 3/4 meteorite stones. I am becoming frustrated and upset though the game was great up till this point. Please help thank you

[Post New]by tbutcher8 on Oct 22, 14 10:51 AM
I have seen one posting for the lage between scene which is fairly substantial. Overall I like the game and the graphics, like the music which is fairly monotonous but creates a mood and is not intrusive.

One rather irritating trait of the game is that when you use the hint button, it will always point to a frozen character saying you must use the amulet to save them. It does this from the very beginning of the game and the amulet doesn't come til the end. It renders the hint somewhat useless as you can't get a hint to the hot spot or HOS or the next scene to do something with what you already have. I would really fix that in this game and future games.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 15, 14 12:53 PM
I just discovered, while playing this game, that there is no way to scroll through inventory items.

If you get more than 5 items, in your inventory, there is no way to access the 6th item or any items beyond that one. If you try to use the HINT, to use the 6th item, the game will lockup.

A non-scrolling Inventory area, makes a game impossible to play.

Vista Operating system on a standard PC.

Go to: