exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by exact on Aug 29, 14 6:17 PM
I think I'll wait even with the sale. Whats up BFG? I'm going back to my old games as I haven't seen anything else worth buying. Please think about this and come out with something exciting.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Aug 29, 14 6:34 PM
I have all the Mstery Tracker games and played them so long ago, I have no idea if this is not as good!! I truly forget, sometimes, which were my favorite games. I have been playing BF games for over six years so my memory is a bit "off". Well, as far as this game goes, I couldn't find as much fault as some others, but some of the mini-games really tried my patience. The one where you have to drag a line of colored circles to get the yellow circles into their space, DROVE ME NUTS!!! Couldn't drag those suckers no how!!. The "haunted" voices just grated on my nerves - a big YUCHH to that! And then some of the outrageous ways to use the items in the inventory ie: a tuning fork to use as a screw driver??? What???!! That's just an example, I did think, (on a positive note), that the HOS where you had to use the magnifying glass, was pretty cool. And I thought the graphics were pretty nice. All in all, since I bought this on a buy one get one free sale, I am not totally unsatisfied with this game. And I still like Elf!!

feenix

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 30, 14 9:50 AM
Another great game and have other Mystery Tracker games and none disappoint. Elephant is another great developer and always seem to like their games. Stories are good, puzzles, characters, HOG's and lots of other things I like. Give this 5 out 5 stars..

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Aug 31, 14 2:24 PM
I got this as a freebie
It is poor compared to the other games in the series.
Is it me or am I just tired of putting a piece of paper under a door and pushing out the key, oh hum, seen it done it read the book, seen the film, done the computer game.

Come on BFG give us something new I am now getting tired and bored with the same remake and rehash of the same old tired , very tired scripts and puzzles.

Flogging the dead horse rapidly springs to mind.

out of 10 2 for turning up.

Oh and by the way, to undo a screw you turn it anti clockwise in this universe.

Edited on 08/31/2014 at 2:30:38 PM PST

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Sep 9, 14 9:29 PM
Disappointing for a Mystery Tracker game. Much too much movie and not enough actual game. One scene was so jerky I couldn't even play the mini-game. No, I would not recommend this one.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Sep 16, 14 1:50 PM
I enjoyed the game quite a lot, unlike a lot of other commenters. The graphics were clear, story entertaining if not wildly original, puzzles about the difficultly I like (take some figuring out but not ridiculously hard), and the HOGs were clear and had enough "difference" in them to be fun. And I quite like Elf... then again I have a similar small dog in real life who's athletic and tough as nails.
However, I have to agree that's it's not quite up to the standard of previous Mystery Trackers games... can't quite put my finger on why, other than that it seems considerably shorter, and the "extras" were a bit "meh".
I'd give it 3.5 to 4 out of 5 stars.. don't regret buying it, it kept me entertained while I was playing it.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Nov 10, 14 3:10 PM
Bluecassie37 wrote:

The dress is Victorian, buildings Victorian or later but the plague doctors have Medieval 'bird' masks and one character is an alchemist. Don't ask.
Anyway, a ghost makes your car crash. Then a mysterious figure lamps off with the actress. So, off you go to sort it out.

I haven't played very far , but there WAS an explanation about the phenomena discussed that somehow people involved in the plague in this area, can still be accessed by those who are sensitive, (as our esteemed detective surely is) So that is why there are the discrepancies...

We need to have a suspension of disbelief for these games..(IMHO)

Edited on 11/10/2014 at 3:22:42 PM PST

GMGL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by GMGL on Nov 20, 14 3:06 PM
This developer has been an auto-buy for me for a long time. Mystery Trackers: Raincliff is one of my all-time favorite games. But this game was so short, I couldn't believe it! I finished the main game (not the bonus) in 90 minutes, and I'm not the fastest player out there. Very disappointed. Just glad I got this in a 2 for 1 sale.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Jan 9, 15 10:35 AM
I have all of Mystery Trackers series. Of course I bought this one. I am sooo bored. I think I am just starting Chapter 5 of 8 and groaned that 4 more to go before the end.... It just seems tedious and not fun. I can't even tell you the storyline. I am playing in formal mode. Just seemed nothing new. Like someone else said, oh key is stuck on other side of door, put something into lock to drop key, and put paper under door to catch key. Wow, that's so NOT new. I guess I was expecting new puzzles and new ideas. Disappointed...

Go to: