jaybird3939
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Trackers: Blackrow's Secret here!

[Post New]by jaybird3939 on Sep 1, 14 2:56 AM
I also was unable to get the lock to go back together. I didn't have to exit the program, I think I only backed up a couple of times, but that was after a LONG time trying to get the lock closed. I never did get the map in the original game. I just started playing the Bonus Game and still no sign of it. The one game that irritated me with jerkiness/slowness is when the "Detective" had to kill the spirits by pointing at the ones floating about that had the same symbol as on his glove. That one was really squirally and sometimes the spirit floated right in front of the hand, so you couldn't see the sign on their front. Overall, not up to par with other Mystery Trackers games. 1st Puppetshow and not this! Yikes

[Post New]by Laurieannlap on Sep 1, 14 10:44 AM
Are you going to fix the lagging issues on this game or should I call for a refund. It is to aggregating to even play this game.

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 10:46:15 AM PST

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 2, 14 10:26 AM
Laurieannlap wrote:Are you going to fix the lagging issues on this game or should I call for a refund. It is to aggregating to even play this game.

Have you installed the fix yet? It might just be me but when I installed the fix the jerkiness and lagging didn't seem to be nearly as bad. Of course it didn't fix the glitches in the bonus game.

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Sep 2, 14 2:07 PM
It's not the OS, fishies. The damned thing jerks on XP and on Vista, too. What a disappointment 'cause I'm a die-hard Mystery Trackers fan.

I stopped the demo in frustration within a few minutes of play. That was on the TGT day. Am reloading to see if it's better now.

Will be back to let you know.

Dagnabbit! Download error. I'm out of broadband for this month. Dish only allows 10G daytime per month, then charges $10/G after that. My new allocation doesn't start until the 4th of the month. Am looking at Wisprenn (for those of you who are out in the middle of nowhere like me.)

Will be back as soon as I can download and play.

sassy44
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sassy44 on Sep 2, 14 8:56 PM
Secret Room - cannot find butterflies - the hint keeps sending me to a wall where a picture is missing? No Butterfly. And the strategy guide does not include the secret room!!!!

Volauvent
Manatee
Manatee
3,757 Posts

[Post New]by Volauvent on Sep 3, 14 5:01 PM

For those of you having the slow and herky-jerky problems, try reloading but also check to make sure you are receiving all the broadband you are supposed to have.

All issues were resolved when I bought another Gig of broadband and reloaded the game.

Will buy it in a few minutes.

Edited on 09/03/2014 at 5:05:24 PM PST

Sforet71
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Sforet71 on Sep 3, 14 5:56 PM
I downloaded the moment it became available, as I always do on CE day which is 2 a.m. my time..the game was very slow. It look like things was floating to inventory so I stopped them game, I uninstalled, and reinstalled multiple times, removed the custom cursor NOTHING worked...so I go play another game until an update is issues because I read everyone else having issues. Well, I get update and guess what...can't play game at all, it don't even attempt to load this is what I get....ERROR 0X771AF9DD (TRIED TO WRITE 0X00090FE8)....now I go and try the same crap I did the first time, uninstalling and reinstalling not only the game but the Big fish game manager, check and EVERYTHING on this brand new Windows 8 computer is up to date so I finally contact them and they issue credit..which is fine because I know at 2 a.m. a new CE is coming but I am still upset that I have a game in my collection that won't work.694 games..that's how many I own..so I think by now I know what tech issues I need to go through and just highly upset that that code is no where to be found to tell me what the error is..Oh well those who have it with no problems congrats.

Update 9/26/14
when the soft release came out I remembered I had the CE that I couldn't play and decided to go mess around with the files...so those of you who can't get it to play and get that error long code like I had above I went into the games files and properties and realize it was runring the program in a version of windows that I didn't have but it allowed me to change it to run the program in the compatibility of what I have..I have windows 8 but got it to play immediately using windows vista service pack 2 I think it was where it was originally trying to load compatible with like windows 7. So now after weeks I got the game playing flawlessly. I hope I explained that well enough so those with the same error code can now play it or that one of the BF techs understand and can now help others.

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 11:44:42 AM PST

AussieSweet
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by AussieSweet on Sep 5, 14 1:43 AM
I can't even download the patch! The game manager just doesn't see it doesn't matter on auto or manual mode. What to do? Good thing I haven't spent the money on this game yet.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Sep 5, 14 9:16 PM
Just had the game freeze in the bonus section, then completely lose all of my progress! Seriously; it says that my profile is corrupted and wants me to start over from the beginning!
May just be a one-time glitch with me alone, but thought I'd pass this on.

[Post New]by amp321 on Sep 6, 14 9:36 AM
When the game starts , it is slow to respond to mouse movements. I have downloaded it twice and the problem still exist. How can this be fixed?

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Sep 7, 14 1:14 PM
To stop the lag in any game you need to get rid of the fancy cursor. This usually helps for me with any game.
I am having an issue with this game though. As soon as I get the little eye on the wall in the basement the game crashes and goes straight to the play again screen on Big fish game app.
I am playing on a computer with Windows 7--this is getting really annoying as I have tried it three times now. My progress for the basement is lost and I have to start the basement over completely with getting the gem-then opening the suitcase, then when I try the machine on the wall it crashes every single time.
Anyone have a fix for this?

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Sep 7, 14 4:17 PM
I downloaded the game again and still another crash- it did work for a few more scenes before it crashed. I would love to be a paid game tester for this site. I think more games should go through testing more often.
I am using Windows 7- my windows operating system said an unretrievable error occurred and the game needed to shut down.
Is there spyware on this game? I know you people test the games for that but it is getting to be a hassle anymore to try and play games that do not work.

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Game hangs up constantly

[Post New]by edgery on Sep 11, 14 11:18 AM
I wasn't going to buy this having had problems with Mystery Trackers games before, but decided to give them another try. Even after the "update" the game bogs down to the point it's miserable.

Reinstalling didn't help. Restarting computer didn't help. This is the only game that does this so it's not my system, it's the game.

Too bad MT just can't figure out how to get a pretty decent game to actually work!

slinogle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by slinogle on Oct 2, 14 7:07 PM
It is freezing up on me. I was in bar area and it freezes when I put cursor on the skeleton, Cant even close it without going into my task manager to get out. Tried many times an nothing.

Why isn't tech support helping or answering any of these questions?

I am about ready to call it quits with this game.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 4, 14 10:41 PM
slinogle wrote:Why isn't tech support helping or answering any of these questions?

Did you contact tech support?

Edited on 10/04/2014 at 10:41:34 PM PST

[Post New]by JimInLaCrosse on Oct 5, 14 10:40 AM
This game does bog down when clicking on items... There is enough post in this forum to validate that.. Big Fish should be able to check this out with everyone of us calling them .... It is not our systems but the game...

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Oct 5, 14 8:12 PM
JimInLaCrosse wrote:This game does bog down when clicking on items... There is enough post in this forum to validate that.. Big Fish should be able to check this out with everyone of us calling them .... It is not our systems but the game...

It didn't for me. And there are, what, 20 or so complaints in the forums? How does that compare to the amount of downloads? It's quite likely a very, very small percentage. BFG will want to know your operating system and other info about the PC you are using, they can't just blindly troubleshoot problems. Hence every tech thread includes instruction about contact tech support if you are having troubles.

Edited on 10/05/2014 at 8:13:17 PM PST

slinogle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by slinogle on Nov 1, 14 1:22 PM
Persistent_Cat wrote:
slinogle wrote:Why isn't tech support helping or answering any of these questions?

Did you contact tech support?

slinogle
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by slinogle on Nov 1, 14 1:23 PM
May sound silly to some, but i don't know how to contact tech support?

[Post New]by Faith2grace on Nov 5, 14 6:59 PM
I have had the bonus chapter crash on me 4 times and I just got to the theater.
Is there a fix for this? Otherwise, waste of money on CE, (

Go to: