pgillenw
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Not one of my favorites!

[Post New]by pgillenw on Aug 31, 14 7:55 PM
I bought and then completed the game. The game had rough areas. The rough spots did no inhibit me from going forward. With a little more testing of the game before release I am convinced the nits would have been taken care of, at least one would hope that to be the case.

The game was chocked full of a variety of things to do -- some it was a guess until one either took a hint or frantically resorted to mouse clicks.

The puzzles were a mixed bag of easy, boring and more difficult -- skip was an option except for the boring apothecary which may or may not have been a puzzle. No matter it was b-o-r-ing.

The strategy guide I felt was lame.

The map was helpful although I believe its presentation good have been better.

Now the story was not bad -- here I think a journal may have added to the game instead of a lot of ghosts talking.

While I liked the ghost dog some of the tasks he had to perform a dog good never jump in real life that high. I also did not like that the game made it way to simple to know when to call him in to play.

yolanded
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Death and Betrayal in Romania: A Dana Knightstone Novel here!

[Post New]by yolanded on Sep 2, 14 2:11 PM
yolanded wrote:I bought the game

with many doubts because they seem to have spent less attention. I also add the fonts are really small, but I ask what it costs to make a larger font? type size 12?

anything more definite it will write 'when I finish the game

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.
I'm done now to play the main chapter that lasted nearly 6 h some minigame take a long time, this means that not all are as simple as I thought at first there is a lot to browse through many different scenes and puzzles. a few scenes HO (for me is ok)
the plot is based on ghosts as we know nothing to add, Romania? I do not know at times it could be any place in the world
I reiterate the font is small it costs to do the writing bigger?
I hope the next adventure of Dana takes place to the present day, there are also ghosts in the modern era and perhaps more interaction with characters
Boomzamp, hold dear, this series and let it develop well .I will return to talk about the chapter CE

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Death and Betrayal in Romania: A Dana Knightstone Novel here!

[Post New]by laraly on Sep 3, 14 4:58 AM
I have played all the Dana Knighstone's novels, and I always liked its, so this one too I found it entartening with a good development story, either for the art work and the mistery! The puzzles are really good, and I like the achievements, however all the plot made me really sad, I almost felt to weep, while I was playing the demo, and I am afraid to discover even more sufference for the main characters in this investigation, so I am not sure if at this time I am in the right mood to solve this murder so mean! But I definetly think that it's a buy as CE, and I give 5

Edited on 09/03/2014 at 5:00:00 AM PST

yolanded
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
421 Posts

[Post New]by yolanded on Sep 3, 14 2:06 PM
yolanded wrote:
yolanded wrote:I bought the game

with many doubts because they seem to have spent less attention. I also add the fonts are really small, but I ask what it costs to make a larger font? type size 12?

anything more definite it will write 'when I finish the game

Give to Caesar what is Caesar's.
I'm done now to play the main chapter that lasted nearly 6 h some minigame take a long time, this means that not all are as simple as I thought at first there is a lot to browse through many different scenes and puzzles. a few scenes HO (for me is ok)
the plot is based on ghosts as we know nothing to add, Romania? I do not know at times it could be any place in the world
I reiterate the font is small it costs to do the writing bigger?
I hope the next adventure of Dana takes place to the present day, there are also ghosts in the modern era and perhaps more interaction with characters
Boomzamp, hold dear, this series and let it develop well .I will return to talk about the chapter CE

more than 6 hours with CE if you do all the minigame, a few hidden object scenes.
and scenes with many riddles and puzzles

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Sep 4, 14 6:53 PM
This game is so bad, very old graphics like 5 years ago or more. Plus it won't accommodate my wide screen. No buy for me. Not worth the CE price

tessalu
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by tessalu on Sep 6, 14 8:50 PM
So far this game is the usual Dana Knightstone - good graphics, okay storyline (okay, I don't buy for the storyline - I mostly ignore that - it's just to play) but as usual the strategy guide leaves stuff out or just glosses over it. It would be nice if they gave some better clues but I guess you can't have everything - or can you?

This game is okay but there is no growth here. I expected an improvement but the first game was/is still the best. They seem to have gone backward or at the least, remained static.

Liked the dog - loved the review that gave this game 3 out of 5 dogs (lol). I agree!

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Sep 9, 14 5:24 PM
How disappointing. This was the first game in this series I've tried. After playing half an hour decided it is not a game for me. Beheading? Please.... don't we have enough of that already? :p

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Sep 10, 14 12:45 AM
I have all of DK's games and, regretfully, purchased this one without looking at the reviews.

It started out with 'some' promise despite the widely and overly used 'car crash' scene at the beginning. Following that, it often fizzled into a bit of ridiculous nonsense [even within the context of a ghost story]; there were some grammatical mistakes including misuse [ie. "jury-rigged" should have been jerry rigged]; in addition, some of the scenes were either helter skelter, barren [as in the dungeon], overly stark & depressing, or silly and, all those things mixed into the same settings sometimes! In one particular case, a bit repulsive... SPOILER A'HEAD': what was having to hunt for and replace a decapitated head onto the torso [of the knight].... ugh...very disrespectful and out of character for this type of gameplay. I will add that I am no stranger to graphic depictions in games as an avid MMORP game enthusiast.... yet that scene in the dungeon was entirely disgusting even if not overtly graphic

Speaking of graphic... The graphics were lovely [the way I enjoy game graphics], although, unfortunately, they were quite rough, and even on a wide screen monitor with adjustments to my video card, it was a bit hard on the eyes and definitely would have benefitted from a bit more polish and a larger scale in every respect. The music was appropriate to the theme, yet the storyline was waay undeveloped and so predictable with very little intuitive interaction expected by the player... especially as the story progressed. It almost seemed as though different developers had 'sections' within the game and they were all pieced together; therefore the game didn't flow nicely at all.

So, overall, a bit of a disappointment and I wish I hadn't purchased or at least waited for the SE.

ETA: Today's game reminds me that too often we get the 'same ole same ole' SO in relation to that thought, I actually have to say I enjoyed this game MUCH more than most of the CE's we are offered lately so perhaps that raises the scale of my rating just a bit. In addition, as a plus to this game... it is quite long [which is a plus and a minus depending on how you look at it! SO.. give it a try and realize that the game does not remain consistent throughout and, therefore, you may have a love/hate relationship with it as I seem to have had, ... {can one have a relationship with a game!?, lol }

Edited on 09/11/2014 at 9:02:16 PM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 10, 14 5:03 PM
OK...just finished the demo for the CE edition. I have several of these Dana Knighstone games but this one is rather slow and cumbersome. Even on sale I don't think I'll go for this one.

Seems to be puzzle after tedious puzzle...thank goodness the hint and skip refresh quickly. HOS are different and were a bit confusing. A bit gruesome in parts and the voice overs are outrageously over-dramatic. However, the transporter map is a good one. Not really sure why they put that silly dog in there as a little "assistant"...it doesn't seem to connect with what it is suppose to do all the time and I don't think its normal for a dog to be able to jump to the top of a tree for anything.

I never use stategy guides or walk-throughs so I can't comment on those at all or how effective and user friendly they are.

Annimations are a bit stiff as are the characters...seems really laggy and I could see this turning out to be a very long boring game so I'm not going to go for it. So for only playing the demo I give it only about a 2+ out of 5.

Edited on 09/10/2014 at 5:04:25 PM PST

paula331
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by paula331 on Sep 14, 14 1:23 PM
I just wanted to know how come you cant see the reviews under the game anymore and what happened to the rating system? 1 star, 3 stars, I don't see them on any game anymore.. that was really useful to me. What happened?

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 20, 14 4:30 AM
Very disappointed with this Dana Knightstone game. Had to install the rebuild because of the fork situation. The SG does not move with the story, that is very annoying. Far too many hog's and didn't like the puzzles and as for the achievements, well, I shouldn't have bothered. Perhaps I was not in the mood for this game.....
Everyone is different so try yourself and see.

Go to: