LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Why I stopped playing Midnight Castle

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 1, 14 7:13 PM
aleutcia wrote: I just wanted to voice this opinion because I do not think I'm the only one who thinks this way. It seems that you read more negative comments and complaints in the forum than positive. Some days I don't even bother reading the forum because all the complaining just brings me down. I know a lot of people read the forums and don't post and maybe they feel this way too. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope not because I want these games to continue.

I want this game to continue also, for the sake of the people who are enjoying it. My original post is not a complaint. If players stop playing, especially paying players, I think the developers want to know why. If the players don't tell them what they like and don't like then the developers don't have helpful feedback. My original post does not encourage anyone else to stop playing.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Sep 1, 14 7:17 PM
LizzieK wrote:
aleutcia wrote: I just wanted to voice this opinion because I do not think I'm the only one who thinks this way. It seems that you read more negative comments and complaints in the forum than positive. Some days I don't even bother reading the forum because all the complaining just brings me down. I know a lot of people read the forums and don't post and maybe they feel this way too. Maybe I am wrong, but I hope not because I want these games to continue.

I want this game to continue also, for the sake of the people who are enjoying it. My original post is not a complaint. If players stop playing, especially paying players, I think the developers want to know why. If the players don't tell them what they like and don't like then the developers don't have helpful feedback. My original post does not encourage anyone else to stop playing.
To LizzieK........ I thank you for all your help throughout the game and have very much enjoyed reading your posts and helpful tips. Your trade forum was brilliant and so were your emoticon art creations.

Edited on 09/01/2014 at 7:21:29 PM PST

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Sep 1, 14 7:23 PM
Well said Lizzie and Rosie. I have been playing since the first update, I am approaching L31 I would be further along except that I left during the bowfigure/six paws fiasco. When My friend Trixie Belle told me how it was fun again I came back because I love this game. I am quite willing to pay something for my entertainment monthly, often cut a few corners in my budget so I can buy a bit extra for this game. In my time playing I have brought in at least nine players, although sadly 4 left the game around level 25. So I think if BFG is trying to upset and drive away their "old timers" at higher levels they aren't seeing the big picture. We are the players that bring in more players. And if all the players leave when they reach the upper levels, or even a lot of them they miss out in several ways. They have no further call to develop the game and this becomes no different than a downloadable game that you stop playing when it ends. You older players help the newbies along with advice, tips and yes gifts and trades. The people that walk into these games are expecting them to be like the old BFG section that they had when I first joined where you could play a game through for free completely. The name Free to Play does not mean that. It means no charge to download the game and start playing. The developers and publishers can't afford to keep these games going without some income from them. They really should be called Free to Start games. Old timers that have stuck it out are the ones bringing in more players, they are often the ones spending the amounts needed to make the higher level content worthwhile to produce and BFG should be working to keep us happier. A fair balance between enjoyment and expediture should be struck. We also are the players that, if we enjoy these games Join into other ones and spend money on them. Upping our coin rewards for these quests would be a great gesture but something still needs to be done about the constant using of the same few HOS to get the same few involved items to progress. I like HOG games I find "treasure hunting" enjoyable. But there needs to be a balance between slowing us down and allowing us to progress in a reasonable amount of time. At present I have 2 characters with 4 quests (2 apiece) that are requiring me to get six of the same item to do the quests and 4 of another item to do the quest. That's a minimum of 6 hours to finish these four quests. That's a little boring.

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Sep 1, 14 7:27 PM
The reason for posting all this is not to whine. It is because I like the game, I would like it to go back to being interesting and enjoyable to play. I don't want to quit it but as it is I am beginning to think about it. I have already quit the other FTP games and will not be taking on another I think, because if this is the trend of these games I don't need a game that upsets and stresses me. Please BFG listen to what players are telling you. BTW it is good that players that are happy are speaking up too. That way we get a balanced picture of how players feel about the game and the changes in it.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 2, 14 12:22 AM
Lizzie, I love that you've found a RL crafting stage but truly sad that you're going. I'm getting my stuff together to try and fix this. Keep up, or check in, with the forum okay? (stuffing things into my duffel)

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Sep 2, 14 1:52 AM
aleutcia wrote:
I believe in my post, I said that I respect everyone's right to voice their opinion, apparently you do not based on your reply. I am not the only one to feel this way, the proof being another post with the same views as mine.

I believe I have the right to read the forum and was merely making an observation about all the complaint posts.

Again I respect the right by everyone to voice their own opinion and do not believe they should be belittled for it.

No one, not me or anyone else, has denied you the right to voice your opinion and none of us like to be belittled either. However, disagreeing and questioning motives, as you have in your original post, and as I have in response, is simply expressing opinions. I see no oppression here.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 1:53:11 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 2, 14 7:27 AM
tigress1_2u wrote:Wow I am so very sorry to hear that you have stopped playing Lizzie. But I am glad that you have found a new hobby and making children happy is always just as enjoyable for you as well as for them! And that you Rose are thinking of doing the same! I will sorely miss you both...

Vlania wrote:Lizzie, I love that you've found a RL crafting stage but truly sad that you're going. I'm getting my stuff together to try and fix this. Keep up, or check in, with the forum okay? (stuffing things into my duffel)

Thank you tigress1 and Viania. My new hobby is only to get me through the MC withdrawals.
I am still a BFG Club member and I still play games (just not MC). I actually bought 4 games from BFG yesterday in the BOGOF sale.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 7:28:57 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 2, 14 7:34 AM
thistle809 wrote:LizzieK - You will be sorely missed by all of us who depended so much on your help and guidance. Get some rest and maybe you might decide to come back and play at a slower, less stressful pace.

Thank you for all the hard work you put into helping so many others.

Thank you Thistle. I have been playing slowly but it is the boredom of so many rounds of HOS to get coins that has made me lose interest in playing. I still play other BFG games so I will read this forum from time to time to see if this game changes.

Edited on 09/02/2014 at 7:34:54 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 2, 14 7:41 AM
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I will miss all the friends I made in this game. If the game ever changes for the better I may play it again.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 2, 14 7:46 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo
oo oo
oo oo
oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo ooo oo o oo o
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo
oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oo

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Sep 2, 14 8:11 AM
Awesome and very beautiful as always. Thank you Lizzie
You brought a smile to this sad ole' face my friend!

[Post New]by bfgGlithui on Sep 2, 14 8:35 AM
What a beautiful butterfly, LizzieK! I was also sad to read that you've made the decision to stop playing Midnight Castle, as it seems you've brought help and joy to many players.

You will surely be missed by many, but I do hope you'll check back on the game from time to time to see if you find it more enjoyable.

Thanks for your feedback about the game, everyone! As always, your constructive feedback will be forwarded to Elephant Games, the game developer.

bfgGlithui

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Sep 2, 14 9:07 AM
wow and when i think of all the trouble i had just working out how to quote it's beautiful

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Sep 2, 14 12:24 PM
Lizzie...it is always sad when a long term player gives up the game. You have been a joy in these forums and will be missed.

I, too, am contemplating the end. So many wish to see the game improved but we are dismissed as "whiners" and "complainers" ... Please check in often just in case we prevail and MC returns to its original glory.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Sep 2, 14 12:36 PM
Lizzie, with a lump in my throat I thank you again for the beautiful butterfly. As I said before, you were one of the first ones to help me and you've certainly lent your support many times along the way. It seems incredibly sad that I cannot return the favor.

Maybe they will listen and make it better so wonderful players like you will stop leaving.

Best wishes always.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Sep 2, 14 1:13 PM
I'm glad you saw it, whitebutterfly. I wanted to leave one last picture and I was hoping you would remember it.

Best wishes to everyone.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Sep 3, 14 10:35 AM
Thank you Lizzie for posting this thread, as I hope the developers of the game will read and understand why so many people are quitting.

I am only giving my own view here - I realise that different people have different tastes, but I would like to express my own opinion.

I personally quit playing due to complete boredom. I became tired of just searching HO scene after HO scene with nothing else to do. The cost of opening up new locations and the continual need for, for example, the blood lotus became expensive and tedious to the point where I no longer cared for the game.

If they had introduced some mini games/puzzles, I may have stayed, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

So that's my opinion, and mine only. Not whining or complaining, just replying to Lizzie's post. Happy gaming to everyone.

tylia2003
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tylia2003 on Sep 3, 14 11:16 PM
Boring, tried of the same games.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Sep 4, 14 11:32 AM
Hey hogamefan

The devs are being sent all your feedback and the information on those who have chosen to leave the game.

The developers are located in the Ukraine, and as many know, the situation over there is very tense, and it has affected things like internet communications. This has affected how quickly we can implement everyone's feedback, but the devs are doing everything they can, given the situation they're in.

We appreciate the patience you've all had so far, and we value your continued patience while we try to work with the devs through what is currently going on.

bfgVaiya

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Sep 4, 14 11:51 AM
Valya,
Thank you so much for the info on the devs. I think we knew they were "over there" somewhere, but we assumed Russia. Knowing they are in the Ukraine puts a whole new liight on what seemed to us to be a lack of interest in our issues. It makes our petty concerns seem very selfish to me. Please pass along our good wishes and hope for peace to them. I believe I speak for many of us fans.
Rose

Go to: