Level 9

Level 9

[Post New]by nadineann on Sep 2, 14 4:13 PM
TessaSve wrote:How do I get a pickaxe at level 9???
I play the Mac version of Island Tribe...

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Level 9

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 3, 14 9:39 AM
Thank you for advising about submitting a ticket. I guess I did that. Is it filling out the customer service form? To bad, this looked like a fun game until level 9.

[Post New]by rangerluke on Sep 3, 14 6:25 PM
Pickaxe problem here too!!! How do you submit a ticket???? C'mon BF---REALLY????

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 4, 14 4:49 AM
Go to "contact us" and customer service and submit a question about the game with your order information and say you are requesting a refund or a coupon to exchange the game. I received a very quick response as well as advise to work with them to fix the game which I will do. I am to download Dr. Felix (which I thought I already had but don't) and run that, then work with them to fix the game. I will let you guys know how that works out. I hope it can be fixed and we can either get a pick ax or we won't need one!

[Post New]by CAblondie on Sep 4, 14 8:34 AM
I got a response saying they've reported it to the developer, so there will be a fix coming.

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 4, 14 10:33 AM
I got an email saying there will be an update. I also did Dr. Felix and sent it in so let's hope there will be a fix.

[Post New]by frieny777 on Sep 5, 14 12:01 AM
I am also a Mac user. I need the pick axe too! Please fix this issue Big Fish!

[Post New]by Lyvadu on Sep 5, 14 7:13 AM
I submitted ticket also. Got code for free game....but they also stated now know about problem and will work on it and post fix or something in forum

Re:Level - pickaxe issue for Mac users

[Post New]by Lyvadu on Sep 5, 14 7:16 AM
...this is what they sent me in regards to problem

We’ve escalated this to the developers and they’re researching the problems some players have reported with level 9 and problems finding the pick axe. As soon as we get information about an update it’ll be announced in the Island Tribe forum.

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 7, 14 10:16 AM
Just an update. I have been working with Big Fish to try to fix this game on my computer. These are the things I have done as advised by Big Fish: Checked for software updates which all were up to date. Uninstalled and downloaded new Adobe Flash and Shockwave and installed them. Opened disk utility and verified and repaired any disk permissions. Re-installed game and played under a new player name. My game does not allow deletion of the word player when you enter a player name. I don't know if you also have this happen. Still no pick ax or way to pick up cotton. The developer I am told is working on a solution which will be given in the Island Tribe forum. Hope this info. is helpful.

[Post New]by tanneketoverheks on Sep 8, 14 12:47 PM
I have also the same problem with the pickaxe

[Post New]by maddieh on Sep 8, 14 5:16 PM
same as everyone, Big Fish this is not a good reflection. You should fix and refund everyone that is having this problem. Why seek something that can't be played

smallfuzzy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by smallfuzzy on Sep 8, 14 11:36 PM
I received a response today to my level 9 pick axe issue: We’ve escalated this to the developers and they’re researching the problems some players have reported with level 9 and problems finding the pick axe. As soon as we get information about an update it’ll be announced in the Island Tribe forum.

Also got a coupon for another game. Just thought I'd update everyone...

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 12, 14 1:29 PM
There is now an upgrade available and you no longer need a pick ax! Yay! Happy gaming.

smallfuzzy
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by smallfuzzy on Sep 12, 14 9:58 PM
Good NEWS!!!! There's a patch! WOOT!

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 14, 14 9:35 AM
So you are not surprised, unfortunately the fix did not include a need for a pick ax on level 15. Hope they fix that too.

lor24
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by lor24 on Sep 17, 14 12:22 PM
where do you find the upgrade

Karavan
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by Karavan on Sep 19, 14 4:34 AM
Mine just came on my game manager, there was a small icon by the game's name.

[Post New]by JeannieT_LFP on Sep 20, 14 12:53 PM
I had to uninstall, then reinstall in order to play level 9. Not a big deal, but the related issue with level 15 is most certainly a major problem. Come on, already! Isn't anyone at the developer (****) or Big Fish paying attention? I am heartedly sick of the half-baked support for Mac users.

Note added after first posting: Interesting that Big Fish suppresses the name of the developer, which is readily apparent whenever you open a game....

Edited on 09/20/2014 at 12:57:25 PM PST

Go to: