Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Entwined: The Perfect Murder here!

[Post New]by Parrotfish on Sep 9, 14 3:41 PM
I enjoyed this game. A nice murder mystery. No spiders, ghosts, spirits, bats, voodoo, magic, just a good old fashioned murderer.
My only complaint was that it was a very short game.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Sep 12, 14 7:41 PM
Friday nite, really want to find a new game to play - this isn't it! Didn't like the graphics at all, the few mini-games I found, were frustrating, especially the one with the circles to complete the picture - maddening!! I'm sure the mystery to solve the murder would be interesting, but unfortunately, for me, the first 25 minutes of the Demo, wasn't a mystery - I didn't like it!!

feenix

dgregory_58
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by dgregory_58 on Sep 13, 14 8:05 PM
Boring game. The voice overs are horrible the lead dectives voice is monotone always souds hostile. The HO scenes were easy enough but really the detective can't move a curtain away from the window without using a hack saw.

I advise anyone don't waste your money or you time on this game.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Sep 14, 14 6:56 PM
This was a nice game to play. Fairly easy. Good detective story definitely worth a coupon!

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Sep 14, 14 8:05 PM

Like Murder, No Game is Perfect

I had played the beta/survey version of this, and I remember saying I would likely purchase the game. So naturally, I wanted to like this game. I really did. And that was after having some major technical issues with the beta version. But I am happy to report that none of those issues appeared during the trial.

I do like murder mysteries and that is what we get here. You are Kate the police detective, and you and your partner have suspects and evidence stored in a case file - which, in case you didn't recognize, is a folder with the words CASE FILE written in BIG letters. It's not stated why, but Kate's eyes are slightly bloodshot as if she was up late the night before. I found her voice to be a little grating as well, but these are minor tics.

This story takes place in the present day. The opening scene presents the murder of a wealthy businessman at his opulent home with Jaguar parked in front (lights on, but keys not in ignition...huh?). Suspects include his maid, his sister, his "trophy wife," his friend / lawyer, the paper boy, and a shady mafia thug nicknamed "Kill Bill."

As you would expect, you converse with the various suspects and gather evidence. Who is telling the truth? No one. There are a lot of hidden object scenes, and you'll look for crime-related objects like fingerprints. Some of the objects are very hard to find despite the bright and high-contrast style of drawing.

In addition to the drawing style, I felt that both the navigation from scene to scene and the cut scenes had the feel of an older game. Also, without giving spoilers, you will perform some tasks in unusual ways that would not be done in real life - expected in many games, but a problem here since this is supposed to be a realistic story.

Diehard detective and murder mystery fans will probably appreciate this story and want to find out whodunit, even though this falls far short of perfection.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 15, 14 2:00 PM
I tried to like the game, even with the poor English. I failed.

What's bad:

1. The hint and skip buttons take waaaaaaaay too long to recharge. Good grief, what is the point of such long waits?
2. The games, at least the ones I found, seem to all be of the same type, except for the fingerprint puzzles which are insultingly simple: doing something to one part changes a lot of other parts.
3. It gets to the point when the logic is so bizarre that I find it unacceptable. In this game, it happened when "I" COULD not enter a room. Why? Because of the steam. I don't want to know what I am expected to do to get rid of this steam. Normally I would open the door wider until it got a bit less steamy and then look for a window. I have the feeling that will not work here.
I could bring up some other problems with the lack of logic but I think this is enough. These people do not act like law enforcement officers.
4. I don't like my attitude as a peace officer. I'm obnoxious to people who are supposed to be presumed innocent until found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law. I think I should smack myself upside the head and then go to my supervisor and request additional training. From my bloodshot eyes and my very poor attitude, it appears that I was up late last night (drinking? crying?) and now am hung-over or just plain miserable and making everyone around me share in my misery.

What's good:
1. No rapid click penalty in the HOS.

That's it. It's a no-buy for me.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 2:03:45 PM PST

JRDALLAS
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by JRDALLAS on Sep 23, 14 11:03 AM
Game sucks, tells me to go to the upper lounge and check near table, nothing there. I am finding more and more Big Fish games with problems. sorry I bought this game. Do not buy this one, a real disappointment.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 3, 14 10:39 PM
used a free coupon on this and I'm glad I did, as I really enjoyed this game. Had to skip a few puzzles as I couldn't do them, I love mysteries, books movies , games etc.

Go to: