Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Sep 6, 14 8:50 AM
I wanted to take a look in the boudoir, but all I got was a white screen. Will not buy a game with issues

grouchypants
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by grouchypants on Sep 6, 14 9:10 AM
All these problems ,I wont even try it. Who are the people on the BF opening page that gives it 4 and 5 stars? How did they play the game.?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 6, 14 9:15 AM
Played the demo for an hour and had no technical problems whatsoever.

truddi
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by truddi on Sep 6, 14 9:27 AM
[b]Just adding to the list. Yes the game froze and I tried a few times to get it to run. In the end the only way I could get rid of it was to restart my computer and then uninstall the game.

Don't often have problems with BF games but this one was quite an effort to get rid of.

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Sep 6, 14 9:29 AM
Freeze here as well, I think this is the first time I've had this happen with a game. Very disappointed. Hope there's a fix soon.

[Post New]by securefed on Sep 6, 14 9:40 AM
Everything was working fine until I completed the gate lock, then the screen froze. I tried to capture the error (access violation of some sort), but my whole PC locked up and was unable to even bring up my Task Manager screen. I am running Windows 8. I had to restart my PC - without being able to save anything that I had open.

toolekid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by toolekid on Sep 6, 14 9:47 AM
shelterhill wrote:I wanted to take a look in the boudoir, but all I got was a white screen. Will not buy a game with issues
Same here. Windows 8 Desktop.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Sep 6, 14 10:41 AM
Ditto to many of the above. I gave it three tries. It froze when I first went into the castle, then on the hatch, and finally on the gate key.

One other complaint: I can't hear the voices in the voiceovers. The music gets so loud it drowns out the voices. I have the music slider almost to mute, but it still overpowers the voices.

No more tries until there is an update to correct the issue. Running on Windows 8.

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Sep 6, 14 10:41 AM
Luckily, my game didn't freeze. My problem was with the sound. Every time someone started talking, the music volume went waaaaayyyyy up, even after I turned it off in the options menu, and the person talking was basically inaudible. I think that even if the sound hadn't shot way up, I probably would have had trouble hearing the people talk, because their voices seemed very muted, even after I went back and turned the volume all the way up on the voice option. This is very disappointing, because I absolutely love fantasy games, and I really wanted to get this game, in spite of the fact that their writing left something to be desired at times. (I think they forgot to have someone proof the final draft.) I'm using a Windows 7, 64 bit desktop.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 10:44:37 AM PST

cathouse2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cathouse2 on Sep 6, 14 10:42 AM
Like 0161, despite turning off all audio in Options, whenever I interact with a character, music/background sounds play (but, strangely, no voices). I won't continue until this issue is resolved and certainly won't buy it until then.

I am on a PC with Windows 7.

DiDi212
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by DiDi212 on Sep 6, 14 11:17 AM
I have Windows 8.1. I didn't have the freezes playing the entire demo. I wasn't able to open any of the special windows like the "Boudoir" I got the message these weren't available in the demo.

My issue was even though I had turned down the music very low it still reached such a high volume during Samuel's speeches I really had a hard time hearing the voice over.

Also the map stopped showing the exclamation mark after a while. It still showed the rooms where something "might" be done, just not the mark showing there "is" something to be done.

I will not be buying the CE. I'll play the demo of the SE when it comes out. If the sound and map issues are fixed I'll probably buy it as it is the type of game I like.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Sep 6, 14 11:49 AM
Same here, game froze, had to reboot computer!

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Sep 6, 14 11:51 AM
Also problems here, was running in like staccato mode, stuttering along, also got to one scene (cant remember which) and got the blank white screen, slow opening scenes, as been said the music overtook the man talking (music was off) and you couldn't hear him, it was so loud.
As someone said why are these games being put out here that are not working properly, I thought they where "road tested" so to speak, been getting slowly worse over many months from BFG.
Running windows 7 64bit, intel 5i, 8gb ram.

Edited on 09/06/2014 at 11:52:50 AM PST

topgamma58
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by topgamma58 on Sep 6, 14 12:16 PM
Running Windows 8.1 on my laptop. Was playing the game and enjoying it until the screen went black and had to shut down my computer to get out of the game.

IdahoDi
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by IdahoDi on Sep 6, 14 12:28 PM
This is a very irritating game. Can't have any P&Q playing it. I have all sound muted and every time it comes to a cut scene, blaring sound comes on.

[Post New]by ThreeG on Sep 6, 14 12:34 PM
I'm having the same issues as Tammytheo, but I don't hear any music, just a black screen and I also have to CAD and totally log out. I can't even get into Task Manager... My laptop is only 4 months old and runs Windows 8.1 with 8 GB ram.

Haven't purchased it yet, and will wait for fixes. Will have to look at other CEs to take advantage of this weekend's sales. Bummer...

Same as Others

[Post New]by SouthernGal820 on Sep 6, 14 12:36 PM
Trying to play the demo and I've frozen twice, screen went black on the first freeze, second was when I had put in the gate solution and the scene froze. Can't use Task Manager to end so have to just shut down to get out of screen. So disappointing because this seems like a game to buy with the promo today. Will wait for the bugs to be worked out first.

[Post New]by holtsylv31 on Sep 6, 14 12:40 PM
bfgLianorm wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dst12
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by dst12 on Sep 6, 14 12:41 PM
I also have the same problem of freezing, I'm glad did not buy the game

[Post New]by holtsylv31 on Sep 6, 14 12:57 PM
People do delete then re-install. We know that, what do you care. Either sort out your problems with the game makers, or dont proclaim the games you try to sell to people are free of viruses, and you have checked them. In fact I want my money back for this game, as it is not problem free and it must have some bugs in it, to play like it has. Which makes an arse of what you SAY you are giving to people. Get your act together. YES, I am annoyed, Sick of this year, of half baked , unplayable games, and waiting for up-grades to money buying games. What are you going to do about it, after all, its your busijness, and good name under the microscope. If, you can not deliver what you proclaim to, keep your mouth shut, you P~~~ss me off, as well as the game makers. You are just as guilty as them, as you peddle their not quite right games. FOR MONEY. Give your customers what they are paying for, or give them their money back. PRONTO.

Go to: