tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by tammytheo on Sep 14, 14 5:43 PM
violetsue wrote:I really like the game but I have come to the conclusion that my game does not reflect what strategy guide shows. I have now played and replayed trying to get the green candles and it cannot happen. What is in the guide is not what I have on screen. I went in and asked for help and tammytheo responded with a response. So I thought that I had done something wrong and then replayed entire game - still no green candles and I get the mushrooms in a different place than she does and cannot ever place mushrooms outside. Can you please tell me what to do to fix this please? Thanks

I have posted in the "Green Candle" thread once more, trying to help you out. Check this thread again if you want. I don't think this is a technical issue but something you haven't figured out yet. Apparently, my first post didn't help so I've made another attempt hoping it'll help this time. And the SG does help. The last paragraph on page 68 has the answer to your problem.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Bonus Chapter End Problem - Possible Spoiler

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Sep 15, 14 5:02 PM
Hi Fishies
Just be aware I was almost at the end of the Bonus Chapter after I had placed the last ship in a bottle and got the final soul shard when Vulture appeared, I threw the freezing potion at him but because I didn't go back to the Council Hall first and place the soul shards, I can't stop Vulture and can't finish the bonus chapter because the map is not clickable.

So make sure you do everything in the proper order.

Looks like I will have to replay the game under a new profile

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:TECHNICAL ISSUES

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 15, 14 8:06 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Runtime error after demo, too. And I am on the fence...not totally enthralled but was disappointed when time the demo ended...so will see what happens with other players first.

This error message was already in the beta version. It appeared when I exited the game.
It's been 3 days (well, in 4 hours it will be 3 days) since this game came out, and there is still no update.

I was considering getting this game, but because that error message is still part of the game, I haven't purchased it. Still waiting for an update though...

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Spellbound Land Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by VTCT on Sep 16, 14 1:28 PM
Hint does not work after over half way through game & lost part of the fan puzzle

[Post New]by Grannyfor6 on Sep 18, 14 8:27 PM
I just started getting into the game and when I go to the alley and solve the coin puzzle I can't go through the opening after puzzle completed. The SG tells me to go to the embankment, but I can't. So I am stuck at the beginning of the first level.

katycoogan
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Bonus Chapter End Problem - Possible Spoiler

[Post New]by katycoogan on Sep 19, 14 4:11 PM
Debbie387 wrote:Hi Fishies
Just be aware I was almost at the end of the Bonus Chapter after I had placed the last ship in a bottle and got the final soul shard when Vulture appeared, I threw the freezing potion at him but because I didn't go back to the Council Hall first and place the soul shards, I can't stop Vulture and can't finish the bonus chapter because the map is not clickable.

So make sure you do everything in the proper order.

Looks like I will have to replay the game under a new profile

Debbie387, I don't know if you are still reading these posts but I ran across the same problem you did. Froze Vulture and he disappeared and I was stuck in the little house with the soul shard. Tried hitting the hint button. Told me to use the plant growing power on the window sill!!!!!!! Why, I have no idea. It grew some vines but they didn't get me out and Vulture asked me how I liked being trapped. BUT after that the map was unlocked and I could go back and finish the game. You only do a few more things (NONE of which were in the SG) and you were done.

Kate

Edited on 09/19/2014 at 4:12:38 PM PST

technical issue

[Post New]by nnanasus on Sep 23, 14 5:01 AM
I have bought this game and cannot get into cathedral uninstalled it and reinstalled 3 times now no update available and no manual update either any suggestions

[Post New]by nnanasus on Sep 23, 14 6:30 AM
As stated earlier I was having problems I reinstalled the game changed profile started game from beginning and no problems now

[Post New]by helenssilvers on Sep 24, 14 2:14 AM
Sorry, but even after update there is a glitch in the Constellation Mini Game,
if you make a mistake you should be able to delete a line that turns red but some of them do not, so you have to reset, hence you don,t get the achievement award.
I also found that no matter which way i burnt candles no Easter egg. this might not be a tech problem.
I think this a wonderful game and would like to play it again, it would be a keeps for me.

[Post New]by norman90 on Oct 25, 14 8:55 AM
I quit the game and opened it again the next day. All my inventory has disappeared except for the gem and I am stuck at the Cathedral. I think the game didn't load correctly after I exited and reopened ...I guess I'll have to reinstall and start again - I really find this annoying ! the hints send me back to the safe in the cathedral, I found the note in there , and now I cannot progress.... all I have in inventory is the gem ......thanks for listening to my vent !

[Post New]by debopaints on Nov 3, 14 10:01 PM
In the bonus chapter my game gets stuck on the second round of candles... I light them the right way and the bottled ship appears in the mirror but my cursor is still stuck on the magic fire mode. Doesn't let me pick up the ship and all I can do is close the game! Help. Anyone else?? What to do? Thanks.

Go to: