NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

Re:Another One Bites the Dust

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Sep 16, 14 4:50 PM
I agree with everything that has been said in this thread . Very sad about what is being done to this game and the one I just defected from. You know it....it's the other one in your "top ten". Maybe soon to be bottom ten?

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Sep 16, 14 6:57 PM
I hate this but I understand, many are just steps behind.....soon there will not be any seasoned players to help people thru the levels (look out CS) as they helped me. The forum is very different than it was 3 months ago, 6 months ago for a shocker! The whole dynamics of MC is taking an ominous turn and it appears no one (the money men) cares. Seasoned players did fine tune this game and were rewarded with nothing, took away strategy tricks, lowered values making progress impossible even with purchases. Inventories are impossible to maintain and this seems to be part of a calculated plan..... None of players concerns have been addressed or even acknowledged, other than a note passed on. The only thing big co's understand is money and it is the only way to reach them, their pockets,,,,

I wish there was some way to salvage these players, bring back the ones that left because turning a blind eye only makes you blind and stupid!
Just my frustrated opinion...
I hope we can meet again in another place....

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Sep 16, 14 9:38 PM
Very well said Neena.

The management of BF seems to believe that they need only new and much younger people that want to rush through the game and spend a lot of money. They do not want us long time players.

guppies I will PM you asap

silver_hawk, sorry to learn that you will go, too. All the best for you

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Sep 16, 14 10:34 PM
Very Sorry To See You Go Maria ,Who Am I Going To Have A Good Laugh With Certainly Enjoyed Your Posts ,Warm Regards Scott

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Sep 16, 14 10:55 PM
Sad sad sad to lose so many of our finest citizens here in midnight castle...but very understandable. I, too, am not much longer for this game and when I do disband my castle, I will also vow to never again play an Elephant game. They did the exact same thing in the first Elephant game I played (Found) so now after Midnight Castle I've become convinced that this level of frustration is their modus operandi.

When I'm done with MC, I'm done with Elephant.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 16, 14 11:12 PM
I guess they are all about new and younger players - they sales have all been for ios platforms (despite my many letters to BFG). Maybe they don't understand that the main customer of BFG is us older folks (over 30/40/50...).

Sigh. Just reached 32, so I'll play a little longer (tho I need 15,000 gold to open the next area (?!?!?!?)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Sep 17, 14 12:41 AM
I can almost guarantee that the younger crowd won't stick with this game. It takes perseverance and patience. The youngens are fickle and quickly move on to the next 'big' thing once the novelty wears off. They don't stick around long enough to know what real boredom is, lol. The dumbing down of the world is working and appears to have even reached the upper levels. So the money men just want the quick dollars, and are willing to sacrifice the loyalty of long term players for new money. Not sure what happened with the devs, unless they are just under pressure from the money men. This game started out so well, and has deteriorated in terms of quality game play. It isn't challenging or fun anymore...just frustrating and boring. I am hanging in there, but as I said in a different post, the thrill is gone, and I don't have any incentive to advance to the higher levels.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Sep 17, 14 1:17 AM
xshoshin wrote:Sad sad sad to lose so many of our finest citizens here in midnight castle...but very understandable. I, too, am not much longer for this game and when I do disband my castle, I will also vow to never again play an Elephant game. They did the exact same thing in the first Elephant game I played (Found) so now after Midnight Castle I've become convinced that this level of frustration is their modus operandi.

When I'm done with MC, I'm done with Elephant.

In my opinion it is the BF management to blame as they are in charge for the commercial side and BF has the copyright - not only for this game - and they are one of the bigger customer of Elephant (if not the biggest) so they give the advise to the devs how to proceed with the games (if you have a look into the other FTP Forums you will realise this and there are other developers like for example ZOOM). The business behaviour of BF started to change approx. 1 - 1 1/2 year back from very good and customer friendly to bad and then worse and I quit my club membership because of this. What the BF manager seem or do not want to realise is that they already lost a lot of customers and that they will loose even more. There had never been constant sales during my club membership as it is now and this shows that they are in trouble.

IKacey
Clownfish
Clownfish
735 Posts

[Post New]by IKacey on Sep 17, 14 1:32 AM
I cried when I read this thread! First Guppie and now Silver Hawk too? OMG what does it take to get the publishers and devs to wake up and smell the coffee?

Sadly I am nearly there myself. I too am waiting for the next update and then if no changes will be biting the dust.

Silver Hawk your posts have been great help to me with this game I will truly miss you!!!

pepsizest1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Another One Bites the Dust

[Post New]by pepsizest1 on Sep 17, 14 2:59 AM

When a game becomes a chore it's time to find one that's fun.

All games get difficult the further along you go, but as the difficulty levels increase so do the rewards, this is the only game i've ever played where you're actually penalised for getting ahead and i've had enough, just about finished level 44 and I find out i'll need "3" Signs of the Rocky Road (I don't think so) "3" Books of Dancing Shadows (I think not).

^
Fer **** (sweary word) sake....
An a dinna always use such unlady like language, but.. as with yersel, Karin (a wonderful friend in the game) and silver hawk. A just canna be arsed any mair, ma brain is dead wie all the going round the same damn scenes for the same damn crapolla time after time, an after reading "3" rocky roads and "3" books of dancing shadows further up the road...AYE Right, they can jog on!

Am Done!

The fowks behind their desks
Actually couldn’t care less…
Just program in any old muck
They will get bored and pay out the bucks!

It started so well, a joy to play
Now it’s so boring why would anyone stay?
Round after round for the same bloody thing
I’d hae more fun doing a highland fling!

I need to go, I’m leaving
I’m taking everything we had
It’s time to look into my heart
And see where MC went bad

And afore anyone gets all piqued
This is just tongue in cheek
But the fowks at Nellie
Need to gie it some wellie
An listen to fowks when they speak. ( or type in oor case)

Slanté

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Sep 17, 14 4:29 AM
I'm only on Level 33, stalling to save coins for the anticipated horrendous levels to come. Just waiting for the inevitable little voice that says "Enough!" Too bad; this game used to be so much fun, and Elephant was my favorite developer. Sorry, guys, you've spit in your whiskey with this one!

I even considered going back to My Singing Monsters, but they haven't added anything new since I gave up on it months ago. I guess FTP games are what I originally suspected: not worth the trouble.

[Post New]by purplelinguist on Sep 17, 14 1:10 PM
I too have decided that this game is no longer fun for me and will be giving away my inventory (at least the stamps and pet food). Thank you all for your support and camaraderie.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Sep 17, 14 5:05 PM
I hear and understand every one that posted and I totally agree for I as an older (in years) and in the game have come to be at what is going on, not only are we loosing players left right and center we are loosing friends that have become family , and what is being done?? NOTHING .. I am at level 40 and to tell you the truth I would rather have to redo THE BOW <PETE< AND 6 Paws a million times over than to go through these new levels it is CRAZY I just opened a zoom zone that cost 9,500 to open and to get what?
more merry go rounds because you can not finish the quest and BTW in the higher leverl you CAN not do JUST one quest at a time.
I am now at the point of only do one or two complete HOS's where as before I played till my eyes bleed.. NOT now it is my heart bleeding.
Guppies and my dear friend Silver ,Capt is going to miss you both.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Sep 17, 14 9:03 PM
Please, listen everyone. The letter that I and my friends have been writing is almost ready. They listened the first time, I truly believe they will this time, too. AnessaSilver, who was once a comrade-at-arms, I understand how frustrated you are but you know I'm going to fight hard for everyone. Please, dwellers, keep up with the forum, don't go totally. I'm trying my best to fix this.

AnessaBlue.

imfoe1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by imfoe1 on Sep 18, 14 2:25 AM
I am also out of this game!!!! It was fun in the beginning now it has simply become boring and a downright chore any more to get ahead.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Sep 18, 14 3:38 AM
Let's hope they listen again, Vlania, before everyone has deserted the sinking ship.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Sep 18, 14 4:33 AM
Vlania wrote:Please, listen everyone. The letter that I and my friends have been writing is almost ready. They listened the first time, I truly believe they will this time, too. AnessaSilver, who was once a comrade-at-arms, I understand how frustrated you are but you know I'm going to fight hard for everyone. Please, dwellers, keep up with the forum, don't go totally. I'm trying my best to fix this.

AnessaBlue.

I do hope they listen for the sake of all those still playing, but it's way too late for me as i'm in the process of emptying my inventory, but I wish you all the best of luck and thank you all for your kind words and understanding

Go to: