TGT: Between the Worlds

1_odd_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
862 Posts

Re:TGT: Between the Worlds

[Post New]by 1_odd_1 on Apr 5, 09 4:10 AM
renatemunro wrote:Now I'm replying to myself. I just saw that the time on my post was 3 something am but my computer says 7 am. What's with that?
RM

the time at the top of your post if BF time. they are in seattle. i think it is pacific standard time.

pjries
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pjries on Apr 5, 09 4:21 AM
Anyone else get an access violation notice when they try to play this one?

I remember having problems trying to get it to work when I downloaded it months ago from another site. (Something about it running on Open GL instead of Direct-X - I'm not all that knowledgeable about this stuff!

I gave up on it then, but when I saw it at BFG, I thought it might work this time but so far, no luck. From the sound of things, I may not be missing much, tho!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 5, 09 4:32 AM
renatemunro wrote:Now I'm replying to myself. I just saw that the time on my post was 3 something am but my computer says 7 am. What's with that?
RM

It's the time zone difference. Btw, what are you doing up at 7:00am on a Sunday!!?? I usually don't wake up until noon most days ~ unless I am sick or off schedule (like now). I am on BF time, so I see TGT at midnight. I signed up on a couple sites to do Beta testing. Just finished the Beta for Cate West 2 and some others.

[Post New]by renatemunro on Apr 5, 09 5:08 AM
Time zone difference DUH! Hey, after 3 kids (all grown) and 2 grandchildren living with me, getting up early is mandatory. I don't think you can ever go back (to sleeping in that is).
Could anyone give me the name of some sites to sign up for Beta testing games please. I'd like to try that.
Thanks
RM

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 5, 09 5:10 AM
I played some of the demo- the graphics when they told the story were ok but for some reason on my PC the hidden object screens were on the fuzzy side.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Apr 5, 09 6:06 AM
Whoa! The game is much better now then it was during Beta testing. Not saying it's a great game, but you all should have played the early beta game...... At least they took some of our advice.

Unlimited hints - but hint gauge is rather slow to fill.
No clicking penalty.
No timer.
Can skip mini games.
An assorment of mini games - about medium level (some easy-some harder)
Graphics good.
Music Ok.... I just tune it out anyway. At least it wasn't annoying.
HO's can be hard to find, but once you get used to their way of doing things, it gets easier. I only used a couple hints to move the demo along faster.

My biggest gripes are:

HO's are scattered/piled rather messy (like a teenager's room). This "cheapens" the game, but not a huge deal.
No reset button on the mini games.
If you screw up on the mini game, you have to keep going until they tell you that you screwed up. (ie: the coins & 3 moves)
Going through all the dialog again every time you restart a mini game that you screwed up.

Not the best game, but I have certainly played a lot worse. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
I have no clue how long the game is.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 5, 09 6:08 AM
Played the demo a while, and uninstalled the game.

The graphic is OK, no timer - great - but why, oh why, someone wants me to use 3 pairs of glasses to find the objects? Really annoying. If I will be desperate, I'll take it... .

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 09 6:42 AM
Is it just me, or do they sometimes hide items so far behind other items that you can't see them at all? In the first scene I was supposed to find a ball, and I could have sworn that the soccer ball that popped out when I clicked the hint button wasn't even there before I clicked the hint button. OTOH it was after 2am my time when I was doing that, so I could have just missed it.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 5, 09 7:23 AM
Long time fan of HOG (1st one - MCF Huntsville) but I will definitely not be buying this. As others have said: "messy" distribution of objects, objects WAY out on the edges, ambiguous clues and boring mini games. Come on guys, a five level Towers of Hanoi is still TOH, it just eats up more time. Nothing really offensive about the game, just a snoozer.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 09 7:36 AM
No timer
Unlimited hints
No penalty for misclicks
Frequent minigames that can be skipped if you don't like that one
Leaving in the midst of a scene appears to remember the items that you already found
Choice of male/female point-of-view character

Hints recharge excruciatingly slowly
Items in scenes are just jumbled, with some normally small items being large and some normally large items being small.
Some items are tiny or white-on-white, and many are almost completely behind other items that might not be on your list of items to find.
When you leave in the midst of a scene and return you have to click through all the dialog again. Same for if you have to repeat a minigame.
There's no way to skip a set of dialog - you have to click each line to get past it.
Many of the "continue" buttons are just that - buttons. To continue you have to click the word "continue" not just anywhere on the screen.
That "shoot the wizard" minigame. Sheeeesh..... way way too many fast clicks to defeat him and his clones. Why do they expect people who like no timer HOGs to enjoy an action/arcade minigame?

After 30 minutes of the demo I uninstalled, leaving enough time so that if I get desperate for a new HOG later I'll be able to demo enough of it to tell if I want the game.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 7:56:27 AM PST

azaa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,772 Posts

[Post New]by azaa on Apr 5, 09 7:43 AM
Played the demo and have a stiff neck from getting close to the screen I will pass on this one

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 5, 09 7:57 AM
In my last comments, I had finished the Demo and was on the fence. Then I remembered that I had a Free game that I won in the Easter Hat contest so I went ahead and got this to see how it turned out. I have not gotten to the end yet.

WARNING: For those who are not fast, there is a five level arcade paddle game. If you run out of lives, you must start from the beginning. You need to be fast. I haven't played one of those in a looong time. I can't recalll when BFG had one but there used to be plenty of them. i had to play it twice. The first time I lost my last life near the end of level 3. I would have enjoyed this if I was buying an arcade game but as a mini within an HO it is not a great idea. You can skip levels.

There is one scene where you have to find a bunch of "signs". These are nearly invisible. I had a Click Fest to find them and still needed some Hints. objects get smaller and harder to find as you go along and the minis get a bit tougher.

I was on undecided at the end of the Demo. Now I am a little sorry I got it. I did enjoy the paddle game as itself but there was pressure to finish it as part of this game so i could move on.

I don't know how many levels there are. I thought i was nearly at the end with the invisible objects but have gone a ways beyond that and am beginning to hope for the end.

Edited on 04/05/2009 at 8:01:23 AM PST

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Apr 5, 09 8:04 AM
lordkalvan wrote:
That "shoot the wizard" minigame. Sheeeesh..... way way too many fast clicks to defeat him and his clones. Why do they expect people who like no timer HOGs to enjoy an action/arcade minigame?

Mercifully, my short attention span had already helped me forget this "Space Invaders" clone. Lordkalvan is right on! Whoever put that in simply does not know his/her target audience.

Bengalcats
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,195 Posts

[Post New]by Bengalcats on Apr 5, 09 9:33 AM
Hmmmmm

I was going to download this one today. Given the comments here, I don't think I'll bother. It looks quite good on the BFG video, though

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by melisten on Apr 5, 09 10:08 AM
Bump

Cesse check this thread out

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Apr 5, 09 10:59 AM
I was also so excited to finally see a HOG that I downloaded the demo and played it! I guess I'll keep it on my list when I get really desperate, which is pretty soon LOL!!! I guess it's back to playing another round of one of my "oldies but goodies".

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Apr 5, 09 11:18 AM
Just downloaded and hints are slow and don't know yet as ho's are small and like scotcat says very scattered.haven't played the mini games yet but may keep it for the fact that it is a ho.game something to do when finishing other games.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 5, 09 12:16 PM
THANKS FISHIES!! For the review......

I played about 15min of demo, and came here. I have to agree with lord's review.

THANKS!

I guess I'll set this on my MAYBE list.

Happy gaming

PEN

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 5, 09 6:20 PM
bumping so other fishies who are considering this game can find the discussion about it

Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by 0528 on Apr 5, 09 6:50 PM
did anyone else have the lines around the objects? Like boxes to point out the items? It messes up the game for me

Go to: