petrac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by petrac on Sep 20, 14 6:59 PM
Got to the mini game with the wisps where you have to get the wisps to the top without touching any insects. At the end of the game a door should door. Door does not stay open to allow you to pick up the sieve and all the controls freeze.

These bugs are happening way to often.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Kingdoms: Dream of Ruin Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by JCMHONEY on Sep 20, 14 8:00 PM
I go the game and I'm having the same problems as everyone else no words just gears, then no sound. Also in one of hop (to receive the Peridot in chapter 4) I got down to the last leaf to get and can't. Why, because the leaf it's stuck up in the upper left corner where you can't click on it. I tried to change my screen size and that doesn't work. to window, and still you can't get it. It's not my PC(windows). I have over 100 games and play with no problem. NEED FIX FAST OR REFUND.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Sep 21, 14 4:25 AM
youreyes13 wrote:I'm using a MAC 10.9.4 and it doesn't want to download this game because it is an "unknown developer" that may include Malware. Anyone else getting this problem?
It's because the application you are trying to download is not digitally signed by Apple.
Apple have taken this step to protect customer from rogue third party applications.

Before you can install unsigned software, you have to change your security settings.

Google how to reset Mac OS X security settings. Once you've downloaded & installed the game from a trusted source. Go back & reset your security settings.

Good Luck!

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 21, 14 9:29 AM
So, IS IT FIXED YET? (ie: no text bars)????

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Sep 21, 14 12:16 PM
I am having the same issues as everyone else with regard to no text appearing on what to do. I get the gears and the magnifying glass but no directions - very frustrating to have to go to the SG for EVERYTHING!?? Also, 3 times now the game has given me error messages and crashed.....

I'm running Windows 7 home operating system on my pc.

difred01
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by difred01 on Sep 22, 14 2:42 AM
petrac wrote:Got to the mini game with the wisps where you have to get the wisps to the top without touching any insects. At the end of the game a door should door. Door does not stay open to allow you to pick up the sieve and all the controls freeze.

These bugs are happening way to often.

difred01
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by difred01 on Sep 22, 14 2:44 AM
I am having the same issue w/the wisps and the door ... door keeps opening and closing and I cannot take the sieve, as well as freezing at that point. Any replies from Tech Svs. on this?

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Sep 22, 14 1:04 PM
I am also having a problem with the wisp catcher and no words on the screen when I see gears or the hourglass. I'm running on Windows 8.1 on a PC with a touch screen. I've had a similar problem with the words not appearing on other games from the same studio.

[Post New]by 2poor2buy on Sep 22, 14 6:26 PM
I really enjoyed this game but never knew what to do. I never got helpful hints only saw text when doing something wrong and when hit the hint button nothing happened very sad and frustrating to play.

womper52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by womper52 on Sep 22, 14 7:21 PM
Played the demo. Bought the game. No helpful hints. Playing along, then get a thank you for playing the demo and to continue to purchase the game. Can't get it to go any further. Windows 7.

[Post New]by jannjones1 on Sep 23, 14 3:03 PM
It would be nice, MODERATOR, to have a clue or a comment as to when this game will be fixed and playable.......or should we all just ask for a refund?

[Post New]by margiegray54 on Sep 23, 14 4:38 PM
Hey, I am using a pc. In one of the H.O.P. the guide says to click the top left corner. But I can not get it. Please help?!

[Post New]by margiegray54 on Sep 23, 14 4:47 PM
I am using 8.1 windows, can not get hidden object in left top, that is where the guide says go, but it will not let me click on it.Please help!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Sep 24, 14 10:00 AM
Any news for a bugfix?

Could we please get information when the missing instructions will be fixed?

Anyone?

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Sep 24, 14 12:56 PM
courtsmom1 wrote:My only issue was that none of the wording appeared so I didn't really know what to do or what was going on unless I went to the SG which I really don't like doing. So when I hovered over an ares where the gears were turning, no words appeared. Please fix.

Same situation here. Windows 8.1

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Sep 24, 14 3:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to check back in with you to let you know that the Devs are still working on this issue.

Due to the nature of the processes that need to take place in order to formulate and release a fix, we are unable to give an estimated timeframe for this. I understand the frustration of being unable to continue with the game for the time being, but we are hoping to get a fix out to you as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Sep 26, 14 1:59 AM
Great, installed the update and now the game won't even start!

Correction:

The game didn't start at all when I just installed the update.
When I deleted the game, downloaded and installed it again it did
and works well.

However, I agree with SquirrelGirrrl, we should get the full hour
trialfor the update.

Edited on 09/26/2014 at 6:40:22 AM PST

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Sep 26, 14 2:46 AM
I saw that an updated version was available. I had only made it thru part of the demo due to lack of instructions on the previous version. But it had me start again where I had left off (I could have started another new profile). The thing is that even though it appeared as though the game bugs had been fixed, it didn't reset the demo time for me. I had struggled with the previous version so much that I only had 25 minutes left. I feel that we should be allowed the original 90 minutes to play the new updated demo, instead of only getting the remainder time spent on the previous version. I only got to experience a short amount of the new demo, and am going to take a chance and purchase the full version now. But for the game developers, when we have had this big of a problem with a game, I feel we should be able to reset our game time back to the full 90 minute demo. That way we can truly be able to see if all of the bugs were fixed.

[Post New]by bethswis on Sep 27, 14 11:29 AM
There seems to be a problem with the cave in the bonus game. Three of the symbols are lit and pressing the fourth does nothing. I have installed the upgrades, (runnung windows &0 and now I am stuck in the cave

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Sep 27, 14 5:03 PM
bethswis wrote:There seems to be a problem with the cave in the bonus game. Three of the symbols are lit and pressing the fourth does nothing. I have installed the upgrades, (runnung windows &0 and now I am stuck in the cave

The problem in the cave is that we do not receive the translator. Without it you cannot perform this task at all. Still problems that need to be fixed. I am moving on and deleting this game.

Go to: