Instructions

Re:Instructions

[Post New]by lovestoseek on Sep 20, 14 7:19 PM
judyhatcher wrote:I am glad I am not the only one with this issue. My guess this is a major bug in the software (at least I hope it is) and should be fixed, fingers crossed. The game itself is beautiful and intriguing, but not without the dialog on the gear points.

I'm with you judi and all the others..if this is not a bug then its the is just one sorry game !!! I thought it was just me i'm glad to see its not after almost having to take a nerve pill by the time I got to the dragon and said no more !! I stopped right there.It would be a great game if this is changed.Everytime those dang gears started spinning I wanted to scream SO WHAT ??? what does it mean ???? sorry to rant I just came here from trying to play this dumb thing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Instructions

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 20, 14 7:41 PM
gjempey wrote:In any games I have played, when you get the gears there will be some kind of notation at the top of the screen to advise what is missing or needs to be done. None appeared for me in this game although I am playing the easiest difficulty. Find it impossible and frustrating without this help. Anyone else having this issue

Although I didn't find it frustrating, and didn't have trouble finding the objects needed to add, it did have an empty feel to it, as if something was missing and, of course, there was something missing. I just found it weird that when my cursor changed to gears, no text came up with it.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Instructions

[Post New]by MoreOver on Sep 20, 14 8:27 PM
gjempey wrote:In any games I have played, when you get the gears there will be some kind of notation at the top of the screen to advise what is missing or needs to be done. None appeared for me in this game although I am playing the easiest difficulty. Find it impossible and frustrating without this help. Anyone else having this issue

In the Technical forum, one of the moderators indicated that the developers are aware of the problem and are working on fixing it.

I'm not sure if I want to wait for a fix or take advantage of the sale.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Sep 21, 14 12:38 AM
Having written that I thought you could read between the lines, and kinda guess what you needed, I now totally agree with every one it completely ruins the game and makes it really hard work and unenjoyable. So dissapointed.

Linda

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Sep 21, 14 3:03 AM
Although I'm loathe to play game that holds my hand throughout I do find a small instruction would be good and all through this game I have been referring to my SG which isn't all that helpful tbh. Also I have now arrived at the bonus edition of the game and am completely stuck, I have a feeling it's a bug in the game as I have tried everything possible but nothing will work,

Like most of the players and posters on here I think I will uninstall the game and think really hard before I part with any cash in future whether it's a sale item or not.

Edited on 09/21/2014 at 3:04:36 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 21, 14 6:39 AM
I think I'll rename this one Forgotten Instructions: The Accidentally Unintentional Challenge CE.

My brain feels as if it's in the gym with a particularly brutal instructor who's making me do circuit training over and over again.

It is very strange indeed not to have those instructions there. I'm so used to seeing them (and probably also much more reliant on them than I realised) that I feel like I'm missing a limb.

Well, Forgotten Kingdoms, you've thrown down the gauntlet but I'm as stubborn as a mule. I. WILL. NOT. GIVE. IN. It's not happening. I'm determined to finish all of it, plus the bonus, even if it takes all day and all night (or a week).

verdesa
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by verdesa on Sep 21, 14 7:00 AM
Tiger, you are one brave pussycat!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 21, 14 7:04 AM
LOL. Thank you, Verdesa.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 21, 14 2:44 PM
Actually, now that I'm getting used to this glitch I'm enjoying the challenge.

There's no doubt that the lack of tips slows you down a bit (I'm certainly not missing "It's locked. I need a key" ). Some areas are self-explanatory in what to use and others are a bit of a pain in the backside when you need to apply almost everything in the Inventory in order to find the correct item.

Who knew, for example, that you could *open a stone cache with a bookmark?*

Edited on 09/21/2014 at 2:49:16 PM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Sep 22, 14 3:31 AM
I spent a lot of time trying everything in my inventory when it actually needed an action performed by my magic gauntlet.

Surprisingly, I think I enjoyed this more without the written tips than I probably would have otherwise. Very challenging. I started through on a second time to see if I could gather more collectibles since I forgot to look the first time around.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 22, 14 5:21 AM
Exactly, snapnhiss. I also keep forgetting about the gauntlet.

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Sep 23, 14 8:22 AM
I agree with most everyone else that the COMPLETE lack of instructions with the spinning gears was completely unacceptable VAST Studios!

Firehorse

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Sep 23, 14 8:40 AM
I thought I was the only one having this issue, I hope they fix it before I finish the game.

SoggySox
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by SoggySox on Sep 24, 14 11:52 AM
firehorsecos wrote: I agree with most everyone else that the COMPLETE lack of instructions with the spinning gears was completely unacceptable VAST Studios!

Firehorse

Hopefully there will be a patch for adding instructions for this game as the frustration lever is high making a great looking game a chore to play.

griffgirl
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by griffgirl on Sep 26, 14 12:37 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the same thoughts. So many times I got to a point and then had no idea what to do next. To me it was very disjointed. I am not one for using the guide but in this game it seems like that is what I did for almost half the game. Hope they do something better for the next one if there is a next one.

Go to: