nedp
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Wanderland here

[Post New]by nedp on Nov 18, 14 4:22 PM
sorry you have pulled out too DK it seems all us originals are pulling the pin so sad after we did the hard yards which the new players are benefiting from but try Nightfall if you haven't already its challenging and still allows for advancement at a decent pace - if so ill see you there!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Nov 19, 14 1:52 PM
I just started this game today and it seems interesting and nice. But too much energy is needed just for walking around! I have to wait before I can replay a scene, then I have to pay energy to enter it and extra energy just to get my guy there? And more energy to get to those who give me the quests, and more energy to go back to the hos... Too much... and apart of spending quite a few rubies I'm not really seeing how I can get food for energy so, just wait a long time all the time??

Edited on 11/19/2014 at 1:53:51 PM PST

[Post New]by dann1951 on Nov 23, 14 2:51 PM
Sorry to say I have not reviewed any other games, and I play a lot, but this one I just had to say something! Have played MC and AK for quite awhile, and don't spend much in the way of real dollars, but if you are patient they are playable anyway, and fun! I do completely understand the desire of the developers to make money on their work, too. However, this goes beyond reason when you have to solve larger and larger HOS more and more quickly with the added obstacle of "curses", or else buy crystals to continue. And it takes energy and money to go anywhere, thus making it impossible to play for more than a few minutes at a time without spending big bucks USD. Artogon has taken every moment of the game and made it for purchase. I uninstalled it. No thanks!

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Nov 29, 14 2:11 PM
I have to agree with the majority of the reviewers that while this is a FTP, it is designed to squeeze you into paying. That is rather ridiculous for a game with so many bugs. Lag, freezing, and simply crashing. The weekly rewards don't work. I've only had one that actually activated. The second ceased to work within seconds.

The drop rate is appalling. There is a blocked passage that I need a huge amount of items for with no hope of resolution. I can't unlock that area that is now opening scenes that are unavailable and, frankly, unobtainable to me.

My quest list is jammed because I can't get items to drop. You want me to send a ship when I can't even get one magic wand to drop, in spite of how many monsters I battle? I have quests to activate collections that I cannot simply do because I haven't got one candle, let alone the multiples that this next collection is requiring. One quest asks me to battle the ogre leader. That leaves me with the choice of either having a cave mouse drop, which has only happened twice during the game, despite countless plays in the library or buying a mouse for 7 rubies. I'm pretty much guessing what the developers want.

If you want players to pay through the nose, then offer them a product they are willing to pay for. Fix the bugs. Have an actual working product.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 1, 14 6:28 AM
I really like this game...it has alot going on and presents some interesting challenges given. However, the energy bar is the downfall of this game. It limits game play in all the wrong ways and it's certainly not a fun challenge . Everything stops once you burn up your energy..which happens pretty fast and then your stuck with nothing to do. Using energy to complete things is one thing, but every time i take a step to just roam around the map??? I seriously can't freely explore the map ..i can't even complete task and get the reward without using energy because i have to walk to where ever the requesting character is to get it. It's constantly game over until i buildup more energy to only then be completely zapped within 10 minutes again !!!

The gems are pricey and given how many it takes to use on this or that is just overkill IMO. I am going to continue to give this game a chance, but the energy bar is a real turn off and i have no doubt it will be the ultimate reason i will walk away from this game . Even if the energy bar wasn't there, i still think the amount of gems needed throughout this game is excessive when considering how much they cost

SFWhite
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

My advice: Just say "No!" to this game until they fix the money-stealing bugs.

[Post New]by SFWhite on Dec 2, 14 8:12 AM
Losing enthusiasm for this game fast, realized almost immediately it's obviously a money-eater designed to give a little and take a lot. Thing is, it was interesting enough, so I decided to play it anyway, then discovered it's not just a money-eater it's an outright money-stealing bugfest. Apparently, when my character makes a new level ALL the energy boost items I have in reserve vanish! That was bad enough when it applied to items I'd won playing the game, but when I paid real world money to buy gems to get a New Field Flask and then it also vanished all the fun drained right out of this little tarnished jewel.

I'd noticed it seemed Big Gulps I'd won were vanishing, but didn't realize that erasure applied to ALL my reserve energy boosts until yesterday when I lost a New Field Flask I'd bought for 45 Gems! Since I like those, I had bought 2 and held one in reserve until my energy was depleted, but I made a level long before that happened. When it was time to use the 2nd flask, I discovered it had vanished!

Since the 1st flask's energy was barely used before I leveled, so it was wasted... (I know, my fault for not realizing I was that close to leveling)... when that 2nd flask vanished before I could use it the result was that 90 gems were wasted, gems I bought for REAL money.

This game costs way too much as it is, to have the added irritation of a glaring bug stealing items you've paid real world money to acquire is infuriating!

My advice: Just say "No!" to this game until they fix the money-stealing bugs.

elsa83
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by elsa83 on Dec 10, 14 3:05 PM
love the graphics! HOS scenes are great! The only thing is the energy is gone before I can really do anything or attempt to do something! I do not have a money tree to keep buying rubies for energy! I would like to be able to play the quest but by the time I get to "my person" my energy is gone or the other thing that is happening by the time I collect the "find" item I do not have the energy to get the reward. I understand energy bars and energy for the game however, Energy is set at turbo or something once you start to get your knight in motion! Way to o many rubies are needed for anything in the game. If this is going to be the case the game should give a fair amount or provide items in hos scenes to give energy or rubies on select items.
Otherwise what I have played so far has me coming back to it! How I got to lvl 10 already I do not know!! Laughs... I know I cannot afford anymore rubies so the challenges will go alot slower now!!

BSHADOW
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Frustrating!!

[Post New]by BSHADOW on Dec 17, 14 8:42 AM
I started out really loving this game. If I had given a review the first or second week of play it would have been 4 or 5 stars but.........

Now, as the game has gone on it has become almost impossible for me to make any progress. Almost every HOG is timed and it has become very frustrating. Finding 20 or more items in a minute is crazy, especially since you have to be VERY precise when clicking. This has sucked all the fun out of the game. On top of that, none of the quests are available so the quests that you can do seem to be the same over and over with only stars and coins for a reward. I can't even count the moon flowers that I have had to get. I haven't advanced in the actual adventure in some time because there are tons of things that I need but are unavailable.

It's also very frustrating when you actually advance a level only to find that you need a million items to open the next area that became available for that level.

On the up side the graphics are excellent and the story started out great but I have even forgotten what I was supposed to be working toward since it's been so long since I made any progress.

If you can't click fast and really, really precise you will not make it very far. I am all done with it!

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Dec 29, 14 10:22 AM
This is the worst game BF has offered. I started playing back in September. The game was fun but had major issues. Every update since has gone from bad to worse. The developers obviously don't listen or care what the players issues are. I quit playing in November like many others. Our numbers are increasing daily. This game is a pay dearly to play at all. I believe in spending some money to support development but won't spend a dime to support greed.

Rukacat33
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Rukacat33 on Jan 1, 15 7:13 PM
I am now so very angry today when I went in and found out I can no longer get extra energy unless I buy it for 11 rubies!! I would not EVER give them any money now they have shown how foolish they are being. They are so very greedy that they cannot see beyond their nose. They will lose in the end b/c people are not going to play their game if they do not have fun doing it. It is the DEVs that will be duped in the end!! Greed gets you no where in the end!! So sad too bad.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

[Post New]by Judibeth on Jan 2, 15 9:26 AM
I was delighted when I first discovered Wanderland; it seemed like my kind of game. Both the written description and the promo video promised exploring new areas and solving puzzles. Indeed, it began that way, with interesting sites and challenging quests and puzzles. The only problem was the slow recharge of the energy bar.
Then the problems began to appear: the wishing well required rubies to upgrade and one could not elect to stay at the same level and still collect energy (ditto golden idol); sending ship and/or activating collections used up resources which would be needed for quests or even represented quests themselves; a quest which required bringing a certain item to someone required finding that item even when a dozen or so were already collected, etc., etc. I tried to start over by signing in as someone else and even changing character picture, but that didn't work.
I discovered that an update was available and thought it would solve some problems. It did provide a way to earn energy when solving HOS, but it also seemed to add more monsters. I had helped the prince save Sleeping Beauty and was now trying to help Red Riding Hood. I needed a certain item, but had to activate a collection to get it. To do this, I had to have multiple copies of certain objects for which I had to fight monsters, for which I needed certain objects for which I had to enter certain places, for which I needed certain objects,etc., etc.
I had budgeted $10 a month for this game when I first began, and had already spent about $20 for Dec. and Jan. All the rubies I had purchased were gone by the end of December and I still could not continue helping Red Riding Hood, let alone tackle the twenty or so interesting quests which were still "sleeping" until I could get to their areas.
I noticed that a lot of information uploaded from my computer each time I logged on to Wanderland. If it was telling the company I was enjoying doing HOS and fighting monsters, it was wrong. Besides, many of the HOS sites were now at a level where, even if I knew all the objects to be found as well as where they were apt to be, I could not click fast enough (I'm in my seventies and not as fast as I used to be). The HOS would fail, and I'd have to collect multiple items to be able to enter that site again (or spend more real money than I could afford).
I would give this game a star for graphics and original idea, but would nor recommend it to others. It is much too frustrating!

Tetrana
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Tetrana on Jan 2, 15 5:49 PM
Do not waste your time with this game. Besides being expensive the technical issues are really bad and no one at Artogen seems to care. You'll only get frustrated and great graphics can't make up for that.

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Jan 3, 15 2:35 PM
Wait to attempt to play this game until serious changes are made. The major obstacle is the impossible task of collecting collection activators. How long do I have to play before I get a brown bottle or candle? I have quit playing and will probably uninstall until some drastic changes are made to lower the frustration level. Not only does the player have to have collection activators but has to banish creatures that require an item that refuses to drop, for example the slingshot. I have enough pebbles to build a retaining wall but can't get a slingshot to drop so I can't get a collection activator to drop.

amybeth714
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by amybeth714 on Jan 3, 15 6:42 PM
I feel your pain Doodlebug. I am soooooo tired of trying to get brown bottles and other activators. I have plenty of collection objects as I play each day to use up energy only. I am sad that the well will "dry-up" in a few more days as I really don't want to pay any more rubies to level it up again. It gave me enough energy to play for a couple of rounds of the cheaper energy areas- but that will be over soon. I am one of those players that will come and check every now and then to see if the devs make some major improvement- until then I don't think I can handle the frustration anymore. Just not fun- and I think games are supposed to be fun... silly me.

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Jan 9, 15 8:23 PM
I could really like this game if I didn't have to use so many rubies!!!! Rubies to "grade-up", rubies to battle, rubies to combine stuff I really need in order to move on. I can't buy any energy because it requires...RUBIES!!!!

[Post New]by beljoy on Jan 11, 15 3:30 AM
I started playing this game and I won't be playing it any more, the game is so money orientated where you need to spend real money to advance in the game, other wise your going round in circles trying to get the much needed items to progress and end up losing interest in the game. Such a shame as it has lots of potential to be a great game. Should be called Pay to play not free to pay, not much is free in this game.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Jan 18, 15 5:35 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ thats what they want...no more. I gave my monthly dole to them, never, never again...what a rook.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 20, 15 10:40 AM
dk413 wrote: The drop rate for needed items for battling, opening new areas and collections is abysmal....................Having to use energy to get places and search/battle is a bit much. Until some major improvements are made I would not recommend this game.

I agree. It's very tedious and boring trying for days to get the items needed to complete collections and open new areas. I'm on level 16 and still can't get to available areas because the game just doesn't award the items you need to get there. I've needed windmill (?) bags for a long time, still can't open that challenge. I wonder how many more weeks it will be before that happens?

I have at least 6 collections ready, but at this rate (even with the "power up") will take a few more weeks.

You also don't get the items you need to fight in order to gain some important items very often.

Not enough time in the lovely scenes. You spend a lot of time getting the items to take to the portal areas. Once there, you complete the game and then its another few days (weeks?) to get back to it.

With so much going on you'd think it would be a lot more fast paced. If the cost of items you need to complete collections and other items were less, it would be a lot more fun and worth investing in.

Excessively expensive. Unless you're in the top 1%, you can't afford this game.

wrdpm
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by wrdpm on Jan 29, 15 9:51 PM
This is a great game and the quests are never ending. The only drawback I see is it takes days to get the required items you need to go forward. Perhaps the Golden Idol, Wizard Well, and Shelter should cost less gems, last a longer period of time when activated, or free.

[Post New]by La_La_La_La_La on Feb 6, 15 8:04 PM
The drop rate needs to improve. I have very few collections because I cannot get the items needed to activate. Frustrating. Most frustrating.

That is my biggest complaint. That and the SHORT timed HOS. Too short, some scenes are ok, but some are close to impossible, especially with the curses. Curses should come with extra time.

At first I liked the game - I'm level 20 now and I have not advanced anything in over two weeks because the drop rate is dismal. Some items I used to be able to get are now moved (and no longer seem to be available in the original HOS) to scenes I cannot open because the drop rate is dismal and the curses are coming faster and faster and I've had to spend entire banks of energy to remove one curse, if I'm lucky.

I like to have reachable goals, and I don't like them to be too easy - but impossible is another thing entirely.

Exercise in frustration - not my idea of a fun game. Cute graphics and story - frustrating play.

Go to: