Re:wishlist for developers to modify ingame

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Nov 4, 14 5:39 AM
Thanks bfgVaiya and Ned (can't forget about you ). I'll be sticking it out at least part-time to see what the first update will be about.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Nov 4, 14 10:23 AM
Hi Ned and Hellsfury! I am only going into the game to collect the gold, the item hut and the other thing in the other land. Today the item tent is holding my items ransom until I pay I am not paying. There needs to be an easy free way to get the rubies needed, just like all the other games have. I will be looking for the update to see if this improves!

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Nov 8, 14 4:28 AM
I would like to be able to switch from full screen and windows mode in the HOS scenes in the options. The windows screen on one of my monitors makes the objects easier to see but in some HOS when you click on some items it does not remove them. So to complete the HOS I have to exit and switch to full screen. It means I lose XP.

bettymil4216
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by bettymil4216 on Nov 11, 14 8:15 AM
I wish there is something they can do about the bouncing screen every time the rider goes to an area.

The very first thing I noticed when I started playing (which was a few minutes ago) is the screen tries to follow the rider and it bounces and jerks so by the time he gets to the area I have a headache. Really irritating!

Also sometime I have to click 3, 4, 5 times to get an area to open. At first I thought it was me (which is totally possible) but then I noticed it was happening on every area.

Otherwise the game seems okay. Pretty much like the rest of them. Once it gets up and running I'll probably buy something just to donate to the game.

Good Luck everyone!

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Nov 13, 14 8:04 PM
I would love to see a well/alter/area where gems are given out, it is suppose to be a free game. we have one for energy and one for gold, make it a little fairer on us.
Otherwise, offer items for points as an alternative.

Edited on 11/13/2014 at 8:05:45 PM PST

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Nov 14, 14 5:04 PM
bettymil4216 wrote:I wish there is something they can do about the bouncing screen every time the rider goes to an area.

The very first thing I noticed when I started playing (which was a few minutes ago) is the screen tries to follow the rider and it bounces and jerks so by the time he gets to the area I have a headache. Really irritating!

Also sometime I have to click 3, 4, 5 times to get an area to open. At first I thought it was me (which is totally possible) but then I noticed it was happening on every area.

you shouldn't be bouncing, except for when you first open it, it seems to now be showing you different areas before you can start playing. Mine does anyway. It's a cut scene type of thing. You can't play until it's done. I don't have to click more than once to open any area, other than the library which no longer opens at all for me, you may just have a lag. try waiting a bit before clicking again. sometimes a game is waiting to update what you've just earned or something and if you click before it's done it makes it take even longer.

mythlady
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by mythlady on Nov 14, 14 5:07 PM
I'm enjoying this game, but I share others' frustration on the slow progress of the game. I've played a number of "free" games and don't have a problem with investing some money in it, but I'm not yet at level 10 and I've spent about $20. This doesn't bode well for my continuing to play the game and spending any more money on it.

The expense of getting from one place to the next and getting into the HOS is just too much -- I wind up staying at the same place, doing it over and over again, rather than using up energy to get to the other side of the map. As a result, I tend to play for about 10 minutes, use up my energy, and quit and come back later. This does not make for fun gaming experience.

Please rethink your strategy of forcing people to pay if they want to continue playing. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a $9.99 ruby bundle once a week, but $20 in the last couple of days is just too much.

shimmer66
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by shimmer66 on Nov 15, 14 9:08 PM
Please do something about the energy bar size/rate of recovery. I think the game has promise, but as I've reached lv 8 and have yet to even see a gifted item for energy recovery, I think something needs to be done. With all the energy drain--movement drain, scene drain, banishment drain--as well as the size of the energy bar and the slow rate of recovery, it's somewhat irritating. I know the bar increases when you level and I'm still a baby in this game, but it seems a bit off.
I'm a lv 55+ on AKingdoms, and although I rarely pay in FTP games, I have spent real-life money to carefully expand my energy bar to something that can last. Even so, I find it difficult to play a lot of the higher-level scenes without the shrine to cut the expenditure. It's a challenge I relish. My point with this is that when I was building my game in AKingdoms, I found the rewards for the achievements--small bits of diamond to save up to buy energy items, or a low energy item itself--to be something that made me very loyal to the game.
Wanderland has yet to show anything like that, and its a bit off-putting when you can only visit one scene at a time after carefully waiting, or even just two or three with the whole energy bar. Because there didn't seem to be something to save up for with the rubies you start out with and get very sparingly, I used them up very fast on energy items. Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled with having high levels with my other FTPs, but the energy seems to go very, very fast in Wanderland, without much to show for it or much hope for more other than letting the game sit for 12 or 24 hours between playing it.
I don't envy whichever poor bloke gets to sit with a calculator and do the math to figure out the right level of challenge and deceptive ease. I figure its probably a lot like trying to bait an irritated Muscovy duck out from under a barn. I'm an expert in the latter; you guys are experts in the former. So I'll leave you to it with the completely sincere regard that I'm sure you'll do it in some way that makes this intriguing and fun game even better. Good luck, and thanks!

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Nov 16, 14 1:33 PM
What also should be adressed is the appaling drop rate for non-quest related items that you still need.

For example, I need grindstones to open the windmill that I don't get in the HOs that offer them or from the Durg that drops them, because I don't get the Anti Swamp gas that I need to fight the Durg.

And of course fixing the bugs that were apparently introduced with the last update like missing monsters etc

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 1:33:56 PM PST

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Nov 18, 14 7:42 AM
There's another thing that should be added.

When you click on an item, you should be able to see every location where you can get it.

Case in point: the grindstone. When I click the Find button, it directs me to the monster I have to fight. But it should also show me the HOS scene I can drop that thing in.

[Post New]by sthrightwhale on Nov 20, 14 11:52 PM
it would be great if some of the items were given out, I have been waiting on white feathers,candles and ribbons now for a while and getting nowhere with them, I have just reached level 22 and opened the shelter and received yet ANOTHER eye. How many do we need, at the moment I have 236.
Please make the items to complete the areas and quest a little more readily available. it is frustrating waist level after level and getting nowhere.
I currently have 4 quest which I can't complete due to lack of items and I'm unable to open the tent city

Edited on 11/21/2014 at 8:48:32 PM PST

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Nov 22, 14 1:57 AM
I have a quest that wants things that I only get from a HOS that I can open one level above mine but which I can't get to because I can't remove the blockage for lack of the ingredients to do that ^^

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Nov 22, 14 10:01 PM
This, quite simply, is the most frustrating ftp game I've played. The most I can play is five minutes, and as I usually only play once a day the slow pace is mindlessly boring and stupid. Even if I played more times during the day it would still be frustrating.

I agree with everyone else -

1. The energy situation needs to be fixed. This using energy to travel between scenes and to quest givers and to battle monsters is ridiculous. You are already using quite a large amount of energy to search scenes - on top of that you use energy to go to the quest giver to get the quest and then yet more energy to go back to the quest giver to finish out the quest. Every other ftp game I've played has energy items (food) that can be bought with the ingame currency. All of the energy giving items in the Wonderland store take rubies (in other words cash). Give us some more options, please, particularly when the energy consumption in this game is so ridiculous. The cynic in me says that whilst I understand you want to make some money - this is too much of a blatant money grab!
3. The collections. After all of the effort collecting stuff for collections on top of that you also need 'activation' items, in some cases up to another five items. These 'activation' items rarely seem to drop or require monsters to battle that are rarely around and if they are and I do happen to have the item and energy needed to battle they rarely drop the activation item anyway. God, could you ditch this extra stupid step? I've been stuck trying to charge a collection for a quest that needs 4 activation items for days, and I can tell it will take months.

I like the concept of the game - the execution is extremely poor. I'm hanging around waiting for the next update and if there's no improvement I'm ditching the game and, fair warning, I'll probably leave a neg review on the game page. Because this game, as is, is ridiculously frustrating and/or expensive to play (if one chooses to pay).

[Post New]by Aoibhegreine on Nov 23, 14 8:49 AM
My list is probably going to repeat the requests of others but I haven't read through them all before posting so I apologise if there are duplicates.

My wishlist is as follows:

1) Energy, or rather movement. Seriously, you should not ask us to pay to move, then pay to do everything else in energy. Just kills the game and limits play time. We should be free to move around as needed.

2) Energy being wasted. I don't know how many times I've clicked on a person, seen that there's enough energy to get there and then I'm told there's not enough energy once I get there. If I can't get to a person or scene AND interact then don't say I can.

3) Items: they need to drop more easily particularly if they are in a specific mode or needed in great quantity. You spend a lot on energy just to get to these modes, it gets annoying.

4) Items: Do we really need to achieve a level, have a scene open and then pay to get it open? Again this is very frustrating. I have a scene open I can't get to because I haven't opened the rock slide due to the lack of items.

5) Items: When I click the find button it should list all the places I can find that item, not just the place you want me to find it. I don't want to spend 25 points of energy to battle a baddie when I can spend 25 points on a scene getting other things I need.

6) Wells: We have one for energy, one for coins, it would be nice to have for rubies.

7) Wells: Upgrading not being a choice, not on. It should be at the players discretion as to whether we upgrade or not. We may not have enough rubies to upgrade so we get penalised.

8) Shop: It's so very nice that you provide a shop but it's not that great that we need rubies for everything. Give us a choice of coins or rubies. I understand you want to make money but forcing people to do things just makes us leave. If you want people to use more rubies then make the rewards bigger if purchasing with rubies.

8) daily bonus: It's so nice that you give us a bonus but clueing us in as to how to use them would be good too.

9) Rubies: The price of everything and the achievement of none. If you want to charge for everything in rubies then make them easier to gain.

10) collections: We spend all this time collecting the items and wayhey it tells us we can collect but no, we need other items as well. Why? Either have the collections or tell us once we can actually activate them.

Ok, so that's me done and I really want this to be good. I enjoy the game.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Nov 23, 14 9:50 AM
I agree with what everyone else said about the general game play issues. But that's not my major issue with the game. I hope the developers will work to improve the balance of game play by implementing the suggestions of my fellow game players.

But I've been playing for a week or so and I may give up on it for an entirely different reason. I love fairy tales, so the fairy tale theme was what drew me in the first place. It opened with the prince needing to awaken Sleeping Beauty. Since then, I've been wandering around, opening places with lots of quests to open other places. And nothing seems to be related to the Sleeping Beauty quest, nor do I seem to be making progress toward completing that quest. I'm used to smaller quests leading to completing larger ones, but in other games I've played, there is a connection. You know how what you're doing will end up with completing the major quest.

So far, that's the only quest that appears to be related to the fairy tale theme. The game doesn't feel cohesive in terms of storyline or theme. I've been hoping something will come together. So far, nothing has happened to encourage me that the advertised theme will be a major continuing part of the game. The "Wanderland" game name is a nice twist on "Wonderland", but it truly describes this game. It feels more like random wandering than the exploration of wonder and a visit to fairy tales I've loved my whole life that I'd been hoping for. Mostly, I want to feel like what I'm doing is accomplishing something within the overall storyline.

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Dec 1, 14 2:39 PM
I like this game and I don't mind the HOS. I like the challenge of trying to find the objects. My objection is to the difficulty involved in completing quests and charging collections. There are so many activating objects required to charge a collection that I find it nearly impossible to complete collections. The energy usage to walk from place to place is a total waste and makes game play very short and I wish this would go away.

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Dec 1, 14 6:12 PM
Amen to the issue with collections. I'm pretty darn near stopped and cannot make any further progress due to the drop rate. For Martin's collection, I need a candle. One blighting measly candle. Which I cannot seem to get to drop, no matter how many scenes I play or monsters I battle. Then Karna wants me to activate another collection which requires 4 candles and 4 magic wands. Again, drop rate issue. I have only EVER received one magic wand. So now I have two quests that are entirely dead in the water due to drop rates. Add to that the issue with the rock slide where I am needing 15 barrels and only have 5, which simply won't drop. I've got one quest at the mill, which I need in night vision. No matter how many times I have played that scene, it will not go to the required mode. Every time I go to the mill, I need 4 mill stones. Eventually I'm going to reach a point where I simply cannot continue the game.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 2, 14 2:28 PM
I am about done with this game and it's sad because i love the game. The energy bar just will not allow me to get fully immersed into this game as it's constantly game over after playing a few rounds of HO scenes. Even with the energy well, i can't see this game being something i can sit and play for any length of time because it's over no sooner then i open the game. The way the gems are used and soo many things needing them...and lots of them...it would be an endless pocketbook drain. Then you have the drop rate problem which requires repetitive ho scenes to get them...that poses a major problem given the energy bar.

It just seems like a no win situation all the way around and poor planning on behalf of the devs as to how to make money off of this otherwise awesome game. Instead of keeping the player engaged and in the game so they will spend money while playing, they have disengaged the player by limiting them to about 10 minutes worth of play before having to leave the game for hours waiting on energy to restore...and maybe not even return because they found another game that keeps them engaged for hours at a time and has real money purchases based around boosters and perks instead of the core game function .
This game feels all too much like a pay-as-you-go plan

mythlady
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by mythlady on Dec 3, 14 10:12 AM
On the Artogon website, it says "The new update with 50 more quests, new HO scenes and characters is coming soon." Is that new or does it refer to the November 7th update?

Go to: