Update 9/29

Re:Update 9/29

[Post New]by KozmicBlues on Sep 29, 14 10:27 PM
Before the update (which, by the way, was never shown on my game manager) I got trouble recognizing the game.. every time I tried to play from the BF manager got a "the game can´t be found.. error 208" or so.. today unistalled and re-installed and updated and... surprise.. the rewards are no longer 500 0r 800 coins/stars.. just 100 most of the time...and the chest.. never gets satisfied, I'm spending my entire collection feeding than creepy thing and seems imposible to acomplish.
I'm really disappointed with this so called update.

Arminius77
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Arminius77 on Sep 29, 14 11:22 PM
CarenNH wrote:So is this problem relegated solely to the ipad? I'm on a PC but have held off updating. Anyone updated successfully on PC?

Hi, I've updated on PC and have experienced no problems so far.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 29, 14 11:49 PM
Any other problems with PC's or is this just (sadly) happening to iPad users?

I cannot believe it. I still havent downloaded new update. Just don't trust the Devs.

Is it NOT a huger issue to repay everything lost (ie coins, crystals, collections) or, maybe BF have all player's games per their ID, stored on their computers and hence this is how it gets 'fixed' and returned. I don't know.

Why are we kept in the dark so much.

Sorry, talking to self

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Sep 29, 14 11:56 PM
I've updated this night a few hours ago.
Before I read this Thread. I was a little afraid, because I know what issue and glitches can do! But I can say, I have all collections, all the iventorys, all crystals, all energybar, and all the stars I've had before.

I could play any quests and I hope this all will be the same, if I want to play next time!

[Post New]by Ceeveedee on Sep 30, 14 12:09 AM
Totally reset!!! Level 38, 86 jewels and tens of thousands of coins! I feel like it's theft considering we actually pay for those things! I will expect a refund of all my purchases to the PayPal account with this registered email Address!!

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Sep 30, 14 12:21 AM
Im still very very afraid. Its crazy.

Why is the update so random, players lose nothing, other players lose everything.

C'mon Mods, tell us something please? Are there guarantees all will be replaced that has been lost. Or, does that get fixed with the' Fixed' Upupupup-Date - reminiscent of 3 updates in one day, was it the 23 August?

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Sep 30, 14 12:50 AM
I must be one of the lucky ones, as everything seems fab.
I see the wounded Pegacorn is now free! Blimey that'll whazz off a load of gamers who paid the billion crystals for him!

Gotta go to work now, can't wait to come home and start playing!

Don't forget to report all your faults/glitches - I'm sure the powers that be will be doing their best to sort it all.

[Post New]by Racegirl1985 on Sep 30, 14 1:14 AM
I had no problems updating on both my pc's + pegacorn is for free now? I never bought it and I can use it now.

tiggleish
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by tiggleish on Sep 30, 14 3:05 AM
I just updated on my PC.
I can't find any issues at the moment.

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Sep 30, 14 4:07 AM
Yep same here. I'm playing on a PC and have no issues yet.

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Sep 30, 14 5:36 AM
Just updated. PC platform.

All my collectibles, collections, and crystals are still here.

There's a bunch of new quests, one of which begins the timed event (10 days) as soon as you look at it. I think it's the one with the mayor, so don't pick that one if you want to hold off on the Gizmotek festival. I have a feeling I'm going to be playing lots of tripeaks in my future.

If you go to the pet store and choose the helper page, I've got three helpers to choose from, one of which is the wounded pegacorn. I chose him and it started the questline as if I had bought him previously. The third helper (a bird) becomes available after you read a letter from the Queen, where she gives you a bunch of crystals (15?) as well.

All in all, looking like a very nice update and a nice apology/thank you for still playing from the BoomZap devs.

I can't speak for the Ipad side of things, but it looks like they've got rough waters ahead.

[Post New]by tigercrane on Sep 30, 14 7:09 AM
I updated on the iPhone yesterday. No issues with losing things, BUT, there is a "mysterious item" I'm supposed to investigate that I need a pick axe for. Obtained all the items for it, got the new quest to break the Rock and get the item inside, but I have no pick axe. What a lousy update. And lousy customer service.

[Post New]by Shadia234 on Sep 30, 14 7:28 AM
When I logged in all of my items were gone. I logged in again with my name and password and they all reappeared again. The only problem is my Pegacorn is still hundred and 145 diamonds. How are some people getting it for free?

[Post New]by Katielicious on Sep 30, 14 7:49 AM
Thank you shadia - I just went and hit options in upper right corner, selected account, and selected player login.... Entered email address and password... Boom.... Everything's back !!!!!

Edited on 09/30/2014 at 8:00:20 AM PST

[Post New]by LMWall on Sep 30, 14 11:46 AM
I'm pretty livid with this update. It set all my collections back to zero and I've lost about 17,000 coins because of it. It reset my progress on Leodici's tasks too so utterly pointless to give an update if you're going to set the players back in their progress. It already takes an ice age to achieve anything because of how slowly the energy refills. Well done Big Fish. Totally frustrating.

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Sep 30, 14 1:03 PM
I'm being called Steward - which some other gamers have also reported. I've still got my ingame name when I right click my avatar. Maybe Steward is just a moniker and not meant as a mistake?
Am loving this update so far.
Not sure why Pegacorn was free - I just clicked him and he appeared.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Sep 30, 14 1:39 PM
"Steward" is our job in the kingdom. So if you're called that, it's in recognition of your title, not your name.

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Sep 30, 14 1:50 PM
I think the access to the pegicorn was a mistake that occurred when they set up the free pickup for the bird . They had a similar exploit at another point earlier in the game. I kept my mouth shut hoping that others would find pegicorn before the developers caught wind and the "bug" got fixed.

tvangunda
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by tvangunda on Sep 30, 14 2:13 PM
Again the new update screwed up my lower level account. It was a good thing I did not buy the crystals needed for the unicorn pet.

newmangame
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by newmangame on Sep 30, 14 2:39 PM
I'm on a pc and have no problem after update.

Go to: