Gizmotek Event

 
cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by cabega on Oct 3, 14 2:53 PM
mouser9169 wrote:

I can tell you I finished it in one day with two runs through the fungus hut (20 games each time). But - I had almost all of the items for the "give" quests sitting in my inventory already, which helped a lot.

Play it smart, use your energy wisely and buy lots of salmon sandwiches and you'll be fine.


How many Fungii Tiles did you have to play the hut so often?
And did you found them on skyfleet Docks, or did you buy them in the store?

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 3, 14 8:47 PM
Thanks mouser for the info. I only got partway through the Leodici's quest, I wasn't familiar enough with the game I think. I'm probably more worried about not completing this one because of that. I'm doing a few rounds of the fungus hut with specials to be sure I've got money to pay for lunch, LOL. I should have the shrine ready again before I begin too, so fingers crossed.

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 3, 14 8:52 PM
Cabega,
I learned about the fungus hut shortly after I started the game. We were still getting the higher money back, so I'd buy about 60 cards from the store and use a bonus for more cash or experience points and play 1/2 hr. I can get 29-30 games in most times doing that, so I get at least 7500 coins more than I started with for every 1/2 hr, plus the 15,000+ experience points. This is assuming you're up to 5 trophies on the first level game. It takes a while sometimes but it does add up eventually.

 

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by globalshadow on Oct 6, 14 9:17 PM
I am just starting the Gizmotek Event and am having a hard time figuring out how to find the safety armor in Landsong Village. The only magnifying glasses I get is on the buildings. Any suggestions? Thanks.

 

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Oct 6, 14 10:57 PM
I found teh armor over by the Landsong relic shrine thingy

 
rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Oct 7, 14 1:02 PM
Thanks for the info, mouser, here goes nothing!

 
lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by lilyr on Oct 7, 14 3:00 PM
I was trying to avoid triggering the Gizmotek timed Event. Wouldn't you know it I triggered it right after I'd used my Shrine. On top of that two of the buildings have "untangle the string" minipuzzles. I absolutely hate them and are horrible at them. And if you hit the hint button it shows you how it should look at the end but doesn't move a string each time (just goes back to the tangled mess). I guess I'll be using a lot of crystals to skip these puzzles (after I use a lot of energy to find what you need to play the games).

Since the game nerfed the Fungus Hut I've been playing the 1st mini in Fahleed's. I have a ton of needle and thread and the payout is almost as good as the Fungus Hut.

 

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by globalshadow on Oct 7, 14 7:27 PM
Thanks for the hint on the Landsong Village. I had looked there, but obviously didn't "see". Thanks!

 
mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by mpendo on Oct 7, 14 9:14 PM
lilyr:

Don't get discouraged with string puzzles. I'm OK with the other one (?) but the molecules can be very annoying. Sit back and use your helper. Just follow one molecule per hint. Get it roughly in the right place. Next hint follow another molecule back and forth (I actually put my finger on screen as to where it should go and then move it). Rinse and repeat. Some I figure out on my own. Usually takes 10 min/puzzle.

Save your crystals. Never know when you might really need them.

I totally agree about Falheed's game #1. I financed my early game almost entirely on making 'X's" over and over. LOL. Then I did Fungus Hut #1 until the cows came home - not such a good deal now.

Spent a fortune on Gizmotek renos etc. and a bit on feeding the chest, So I need to devise a new strategy to raise coin. Back to auction I guess. But have totally enjoyed new quests so far. But I came in with tons of resources and coin so easy for me to say. Without that backup, both Gizmotek and new update would have been neigh to impossible.

Hope any of this is of help to you.

Cheers.

 
mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Oct 7, 14 11:08 PM
cabega wrote:
mouser9169 wrote:

I can tell you I finished it in one day with two runs through the fungus hut (20 games each time). But - I had almost all of the items for the "give" quests sitting in my inventory already, which helped a lot.

Play it smart, use your energy wisely and buy lots of salmon sandwiches and you'll be fine.


How many Fungii Tiles did you have to play the hut so often?
And did you found them on skyfleet Docks, or did you buy them in the store?


I buy them. In the very beginning I'm sure I used whatever I found at the docks as well. At the time, three trophies was the 'break even' point where the payout was about 600 bolgins, the price for two tiles to play. Four and Five trophies just got better. I still do it every day: I think of it as my 'daily' like I do in other games I play. Once you get the hang of it you can play it very quickly. You can't lose in the first level, so get new cards if your stuck and just click each one when there are only a few left.

After I finish my 20 games, I immediately buy 40 tiles so I'm sure I have enough for another go no matter what I do with my money.

 
mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Oct 7, 14 11:19 PM
lilyr wrote:I was trying to avoid triggering the Gizmotek timed Event. Wouldn't you know it I triggered it right after I'd used my Shrine. On top of that two of the buildings have "untangle the string" minipuzzles. I absolutely hate them and are horrible at them. .


You're lucky. I didn't get the shrine orbs done until way after I was into the Gizmotek (and Dark Chest) quests.

For the 'string' games. I've given advice before, I'll try and take a different tack this time. You're looking for triangles. Once you find three 'pins' that make a triangle, you know they go together and can place them right next to each other (the topology "proof" for that is interesting, but way more than I can describe in a forum post). In the Gizmotek version, they have 'closed shapes' of four or five pins as well - same thing, once you've found a closed circle with no extra links, that part is done.

If the pins have a lot of strings coming off of them, the triangle thing gets a bit more complex, but you're still looking for the smallest triangles. You can start off by trying to make a circle, and then work with what happens when you can't go any further.

If you have a pin with a lot of strings crossing the whole board, try moving that pin to the other side. Keep making triangles and figuring out what side of the lines the multi string pins go and you'll get it solved.

 
lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by lilyr on Oct 8, 14 8:31 PM
Thanks mouser. So far I've only been able to solve one of the Leodici string puzzles. I used crystals to skip the others. At least this update has been generous with the crystals! I've solved all the molecule ones.

The next time I get a Leodici string puzzle quest I'll try breaking it down into smaller shapes as you've said. I think the fact that I've never liked these puzzles and that there are soooo very many pegs makes them very daunting for me.

 

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Oct 9, 14 5:20 PM
How on earth can you do 2 runs of twenty each? I'm glad to go through 4 times including buying sandwiches to do skyfleet first and hope they drop. I only had one set of tiles drop out of 4 go throughs in the first place. I'm happy to get finished, I hope with the last 2 trophies in under two weeks! I have 9 more to go on this last trophy. You must have way more max energy to start. I'm not at level 50 yet and have 680 energy. I saw someone had a couple of thousand+. How much should we have to make the game run smoothly? I don't want this to be a job instead of a game. I do some auctions. One day only,occasionally 2 or 3. I don't bid on long ones. No money to tie up for 7-9 days! I use all my money daily on rares mostly that I don't even have 10 of.

 
mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Oct 11, 14 7:53 PM
hellsfury64 wrote:How on earth can you do 2 runs of twenty each? I'm glad to go through 4 times including buying sandwiches to do skyfleet first and hope they drop. I only had one set of tiles drop out of 4 go throughs in the first place. I'm happy to get finished, I hope with the last 2 trophies in under two weeks! I have 9 more to go on this last trophy. You must have way more max energy to start. I'm not at level 50 yet and have 680 energy. I saw someone had a couple of thousand+. How much should we have to make the game run smoothly? I don't want this to be a job instead of a game. I do some auctions. One day only,occasionally 2 or 3. I don't bid on long ones. No money to tie up for 7-9 days! I use all my money daily on rares mostly that I don't even have 10 of.


You can buy the fungi tiles (and all the other mini-game 'resources') directly from the Store for bolgins. In the case of fungi tiles, they cost 300 bolgins each, so the first mini-game costs 600 bolgins (2 tiles) to play. Since the payout at the highest level is more than 800 bolgins, you can play, then buy the tiles back, and you'll have money left over.

 
lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by lilyr on Oct 11, 14 8:14 PM
Thanks mouser. I just did another of the Leodici string puzzles using your instructions. I think, since I finished the timed event, I could relax and break it down into small shapes.

 
mamacass14
Clownfish
Clownfish
616 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by mamacass14 on Oct 11, 14 11:05 PM
lilyr,

pinkrollsroyce also made some vids which you may find in BZ forum. They are very helpful as well.

Mamacass14

 
cora_maxim
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by cora_maxim on Oct 12, 14 1:25 AM
does anyone remember what triggered gizmotek timed event? I'm working on shrine and pegacorn for now, completely ignoring the dark chest too.
I wish the quests had some marks so we knew which was for which. I would like to finish the shrine before doing anything else , everybody says that it's easier with the shrine, but it's impossible to say which quest is for what

 
arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by arwen777 on Oct 12, 14 4:57 AM
cora_maxim wrote:does anyone remember what triggered gizmotek timed event? I'm working on shrine and pegacorn for now, completely ignoring the dark chest too.
I wish the quests had some marks so we knew which was for which. I would like to finish the shrine before doing anything else , everybody says that it's easier with the shrine, but it's impossible to say which quest is for what


Cora all I can remember is that the festival was in one of the first two new quests. It was either the mayor or the owl that asked us to start the event. Maybe someone else has a better memory.

 
lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by lilyr on Oct 12, 14 8:07 AM
Cora -- Talking to the Mayor triggers the Gizmotek timed Event. But it's not the first time you talk to him. You're safe doing the first 6 quests in Gizmotek. I'd avoid talking to him more than once until you're ready to start it. It is a pretty generous timing though.

 
Zevah4
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Gizmotek Event

[Post New]by Zevah4 on Oct 12, 14 9:24 AM
I didn't finish the Gizmotek event. We have been traveling and I just didn't have time to play

Will it come back again?

I hope so!

 
 
 
 
Go to: