BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re: Talk with the developers of Queen's Quest: Tower of Darkness here!

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 6:38 AM
Sheila155 wrote:Hi Boris,

I recognised this game as soon as I started playing, and remembered that I had beta tested it some time ago. Unfortunately, I cannot find my notes to remind myself what I thought back then. However, upon playing the trial, I'm sure that my feedback would have been mostly positive.

I agree with others who have mentioned an extra difficulty option, and perhaps a slightly faster hint recharge, but I feel if you were to take on all the suggestions, then you would have a CE which would then warrant CE prices. I love the game as it stands with all it's extras, and it is wonderful to be able to get so many extras in an SE!

I will be buying this game, though probably not today. I would like to read some reviews of the completed game before purchasing, to see what people are saying about the bonus content, but I don't imagine my decision to buy will change.

Thank you for a lovely game and the opportunity for direct contact with you.

Looking forward to future releases from you.

Sheila

Hi Shelia,
Thank you very much on your opinion. It is very precious for us. We would like to see your review too.
And yes you are right if we have everything game will be most likely CE and 2 expensier.
Have a beautiful and sunny day.
Best regards
Boris

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Oct 7, 14 6:56 AM
Good day Boris,
I just waned to ell you how much I am enjoying this game. It has some new aspects that keeps it fresh, enough bells and whistles to make it a great SE. It would be easy to nitpick parts of the game, but when you play a game you need to suspend reality and get into the reality of the game. Great job. Finished the Demo (Something I rarely do) and I am going to purchase the game immediately after I finish this post. Looking forward to many more great games from your team. Couldn't remember your first game, but I'm sure someone out there will let me know. Keep up the good work

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Oct 7, 14 7:18 AM
Hi Boris!! I am loving your game! I just bought it with 11 minutes left to play
It is fun; relaxing; the music is great. The games are very good (some of my favorites). The Hidden Objects have variety which I like alot. I am following the story line no problem and am not getting lost. This is all very good hahaha. Very good game.
I checked to see if I had your previous game and, yes, I do.
Please produce some more!!
Thank you very much for this game and for coming to the Forum.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Oct 7, 14 7:23 AM
Even though there was not a separate slide button the the voice over controls, I was happy to learn that by turning down the music, it did not affect the sound of the voice overs. Too many times when there is no control for the VO, by turning down the volume for the music it does affect the sound for the VO.

I forgot what type of achievements are available. While I don't mind the find X in so many seconds, complete all the HOGs without a hint, complete all the puzzles without a skip, etc. I do find that the achievements for "rescue the princess" types, for instance, are not really achievements because they are part of the story.

One suggestion I have is that the fairy helper be put either to the right or left of the inventory bar. I'm not sure if the helper will continue throughout the game, but if it does it would probably be more helpful if it was not in the inventory bar especially if it starts to fill up with items and you have to scroll to see them all.

All in all this is a game I will purchase and look forward to continuing the adventure. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the extra features that are included with this SE game. I am also looking forward to your next endeavor. I'm sure that as time goes on the games will only get better.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Oct 7, 14 7:31 AM
I played this game with so much enjoyment. Thanks. I am getting it as soon as I quit to buy. Another great game so keep up the wonderful work. It ia appreciated. I agree about putting the helper right or left of the inventory bar. Then it will be handy whether the inventory bar is full or not.

bbelle

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 7:57 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:Good day Boris,
I just waned to ell you how much I am enjoying this game. It has some new aspects that keeps it fresh, enough bells and whistles to make it a great SE. It would be easy to nitpick parts of the game, but when you play a game you need to suspend reality and get into the reality of the game. Great job. Finished the Demo (Something I rarely do) and I am going to purchase the game immediately after I finish this post. Looking forward to many more great games from your team. Couldn't remember your first game, but I'm sure someone out there will let me know. Keep up the good work

Hello Old_Man_River,
Thank you very much for your great review, much appreciate .
It is allways very nice to hear compliments .
Our first game is Demon hunter: Chronicles from beyond.
We are giving our best to make great game and will continue that in the future.

Have a beautiful day.
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 8:00 AM
biomix wrote:Hi Boris!! I am loving your game! I just bought it with 11 minutes left to play
It is fun; relaxing; the music is great. The games are very good (some of my favorites). The Hidden Objects have variety which I like alot. I am following the story line no problem and am not getting lost. This is all very good hahaha. Very good game.
I checked to see if I had your previous game and, yes, I do.
Please produce some more!!
Thank you very much for this game and for coming to the Forum.

Hi biomix,

Your post is a sweet music for my ears
We are hoping that you will enjoy and the rest of the game same as first part.
We will give our best to produce even more beautiful games in the future
Hugs from Europe and have a gametastic day

Best regards
Boris

mjc570
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mjc570 on Oct 7, 14 8:59 AM
Well, I bought it after just a short demo, mainly because the developers are participating here. While there were things I liked (the bright look, the fairy's dress, the collectibles, the gameplay generally), I probably would not have bought it because of the long recharge time for the hint/skip functions. I hope the developers consider this in their next game, because I would have no hesitation then in buying it. Thanks, Developers!

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Oct 7, 14 10:08 AM
Hi Boris,
Thanks for asking for our input. I hope this feedback helps (based on demo). This game is quite different from the usual fare but w/ familiar elements (helper, etc) that made it fun to demo. It’s a definite buy for me on BP Monday.

(+) ve:

• Interesting story + good flow w/ each location adding novelty and intrigue
• Inventory was never overloaded
• Beautiful, brilliant, crisp and clear graphics w/ a good balance of colour - nothing was overdone
• Animation + cut-scenes are good w/o too many blinding or bright lights
• Fantastic detailing in every scene esp. on the armour, cupola, fires in the kingdom, stone walls and palace interiors
• HOPs are well-detailed w/ a decent level of challenge w/ no need for too many hints
• Map was helpful but I hardly used it since game play was pretty straightforward + items found were used in the location w/o too much back and forth
• Collectibles? Wow! I rarely buy CEs…..thanks for adding so many extras in a SE for that extra bit of fun.
• I really liked the humour……Mr. & Ms. Piggybank, eh? Well, if pigs could fly, this 'unbroken' couple would head straight for the bank!

(-) ve:

• VOs felt odd as in ye olde English accent but as if in a TV ad? For moi, this isn't imp. since I rarely play w/ sound.....I find it distracting
• Back arrow was a bit difficult to access once inventory was locked
• Puzzles: I prefer ones that use intelligence over memory. So, I didn’t quite enjoy the “remember the order to click” ones. At times, instructions were confusing because they were too wordy without enough info.

As you can tell, the kudos outweighs the cons = job well done!

gjempey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gjempey on Oct 7, 14 11:10 AM
What was the title of yur first game, as I would like to try it out. Great game by the way, appreciate the extras that you only get with a CE. Bought the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, inclluding the morphing objects in the HOs. Keep up the good work

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 11:20 AM
KBEAR2045 wrote:Even though there was not a separate slide button the the voice over controls, I was happy to learn that by turning down the music, it did not affect the sound of the voice overs. Too many times when there is no control for the VO, by turning down the volume for the music it does affect the sound for the VO.

I forgot what type of achievements are available. While I don't mind the find X in so many seconds, complete all the HOGs without a hint, complete all the puzzles without a skip, etc. I do find that the achievements for "rescue the princess" types, for instance, are not really achievements because they are part of the story.

One suggestion I have is that the fairy helper be put either to the right or left of the inventory bar. I'm not sure if the helper will continue throughout the game, but if it does it would probably be more helpful if it was not in the inventory bar especially if it starts to fill up with items and you have to scroll to see them all.

All in all this is a game I will purchase and look forward to continuing the adventure. I was very pleasantly surprised with all the extra features that are included with this SE game. I am also looking forward to your next endeavor. I'm sure that as time goes on the games will only get better.

Hi KBEAR2045,

Thank you very much for your comments.You are right that achievement which are related to story and must be done are not Achievement in full meaning of the word, but some players are like it so we decided to include it anyway.
Concerning a helper once again you are right. And we wanted to put helper right or left from inventory bar. But unfortunately engine we use for making games did not alowe us to do that.

Best regards and have a beautiful day.
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 11:24 AM
bbelle wrote:I played this game with so much enjoyment. Thanks. I am getting it as soon as I quit to buy. Another great game so keep up the wonderful work. It ia appreciated. I agree about putting the helper right or left of the inventory bar. Then it will be handy whether the inventory bar is full or not.

bbelle

Dear bbell,

Thank you very much on your comments. I am really glad that you like it .
About helper, you are absolutly right and we wanted to do but, as I replay before, engine we using for making games are not allowed us to do. But I promisse that we will try to make some adjustment in the future.

Have a gametastic day.
Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 11:24:41 AM PST

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 11:29 AM
mjc570 wrote:Well, I bought it after just a short demo, mainly because the developers are participating here. While there were things I liked (the bright look, the fairy's dress, the collectibles, the gameplay generally), I probably would not have bought it because of the long recharge time for the hint/skip functions. I hope the developers consider this in their next game, because I would have no hesitation then in buying it. Thanks, Developers!

Hello mjc570,
Thank you very much for purchasing and playing our game. I really hope that you will like it to the end . I must admit that I did not realised that Hint button could be such a problem. So thank you for your advice it ment lot to us, and I am very glad to be here and talk with you .
Have a beautiful day
Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 11:31:02 AM PST

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Oct 7, 14 12:05 PM
Hi BorisDr!
Thank you for coming to the forum. It means a lot to us when the developer care enough to talk with us.
I found your game to be very enjoyable. Love the story, graphics are pretty and love the characters and VO's.
As you already know, the hint takes too long. And I've read the interactive HO's started off great but then you went to standard plain word lists. Why is that?
Interactive makes it so much more enjoyable. I found that the game was a bit HO heavy. I like HO's but love the adventure. Oh and the morphing objects, awesome!
Thank you again for a really good game. I'm looking forward to more of your games and to see how you improve with each game.
I believe you and your team will be a well know game developer. Keep up the good work.

Bee921
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by Bee921 on Oct 7, 14 12:47 PM
I've played both of you games & thoroughly enjoyed them. Had no problems with either one. I'd love to see more games from you! Thank you very much!

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 2:05 PM
Radgame wrote:Hi Boris,
Thanks for asking for our input. I hope this feedback helps (based on demo). This game is quite different from the usual fare but w/ familiar elements (helper, etc) that made it fun to demo. It’s a definite buy for me on BP Monday.

(+) ve:

• Interesting story + good flow w/ each location adding novelty and intrigue
• Inventory was never overloaded
• Beautiful, brilliant, crisp and clear graphics w/ a good balance of colour - nothing was overdone
• Animation + cut-scenes are good w/o too many blinding or bright lights
• Fantastic detailing in every scene esp. on the armour, cupola, fires in the kingdom, stone walls and palace interiors
• HOPs are well-detailed w/ a decent level of challenge w/ no need for too many hints
• Map was helpful but I hardly used it since game play was pretty straightforward + items found were used in the location w/o too much back and forth
• Collectibles? Wow! I rarely buy CEs…..thanks for adding so many extras in a SE for that extra bit of fun.
• I really liked the humour……Mr. & Ms. Piggybank, eh? Well, if pigs could fly, this 'unbroken' couple would head straight for the bank!

(-) ve:

• VOs felt odd as in ye olde English accent but as if in a TV ad? For moi, this isn't imp. since I rarely play w/ sound.....I find it distracting
• Back arrow was a bit difficult to access once inventory was locked
• Puzzles: I prefer ones that use intelligence over memory. So, I didn’t quite enjoy the “remember the order to click” ones. At times, instructions were confusing because they were too wordy without enough info.

As you can tell, the kudos outweighs the cons = job well done!

Hi Radgame,
Thank you very much on such a complete and very nice review of the game .
I really enjoy reading. And I will adress only the cons because they are very valuable feedback for making our future games.
Yes some VO sound little bit a strange but we will deffinitly pay more attention to that in the future.
And Back arow is the issue we must dealt too in the future games but it is a matter of engine we are using to make a games. but we should try to find some different sollution.
About sequence puzzles yes you are right we really could put a little bit less that kind of mini games in the game.
Once again thank you very much and have gametastic day.
Best regards
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 2:08 PM
gjempey wrote:What was the title of yur first game, as I would like to try it out. Great game by the way, appreciate the extras that you only get with a CE. Bought the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, inclluding the morphing objects in the HOs. Keep up the good work

Hi gjempey,

Name of our first game is Demon Hunter: Chronicles from beyond. And yes we will include even more morphing items in the future because a lot of people like it. Thank for advice.
And about extra stuff, as I mention before, we really wanted to give our players more game valuae to enjoy our games even more. Just to mentione Demon Hunter also have a lot of Extra stuff.

Have a beautiful day and greetings from Europe
Boris

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 2:11:09 PM PST

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 2:20 PM
prchalpn wrote:Hi BorisDr!
Thank you for coming to the forum. It means a lot to us when the developer care enough to talk with us.
I found your game to be very enjoyable. Love the story, graphics are pretty and love the characters and VO's.
As you already know, the hint takes too long. And I've read the interactive HO's started off great but then you went to standard plain word lists. Why is that?
Interactive makes it so much more enjoyable. I found that the game was a bit HO heavy. I like HO's but love the adventure. Oh and the morphing objects, awesome!
Thank you again for a really good game. I'm looking forward to more of your games and to see how you improve with each game.
I believe you and your team will be a well know game developer. Keep up the good work.

Hello prchalpn,
First of all thank you for your time and nice review. I will give my best to answer on all of your question.
Yes I also enjoy it here because that way I get a lot of precious information.
Yes hint will be definitly taken care in the future. weinclude a new kind of HOs we called it Action link HO, where player dont have a list of item. Instead he must find missing item to complete actionsequence. I wanted to included that kind of Ho more, but we was advised to not include to much of them because we dont know how well players are going to accept it. But in every standard HO we included as much as we can interactive objects and morphing items. Concerning HO heavy it is really hard to find right balance. Some players like them a lot and others not so much so we try to find right balance.
Looking forward to hear from you in the future and have a beautiful day .
Boris

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Oct 7, 14 2:23 PM
Bee921 wrote:I've played both of you games & thoroughly enjoyed them. Had no problems with either one. I'd love to see more games from you! Thank you very much!

Well hello Bee921,

I am really happy that you play both of our games and that you like it . Thank you very much.
I can promise you that we will give our best to make even better game in the future.

Greetings from Europe
Boris

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Oct 7, 14 3:46 PM
I loved Demon Hunter (and am thrilled to see there will be a sequel!), so was happy to see you've made a new game!

But, Boris, back in May you told me that you'd lose all the sparkles on the hardest mode ("Great tip about sparkles, and we will definitely lose all sparkles on the hardest mode.") and you still have them in this game! Please, players choose the hardest mode to lose the sparkles! Sparkles keep me from purchasing games that otherwise would be fun. I want to discover the "live" areas on my own.

I edited it to remove negative comments, because I changed my mind! I have a post later in this thread telling why.

Edited on 08/21/2015 at 12:02:14 PM PST

Go to: