Server back up, but . . .

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

Re:Server back up, but . . .

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 12:40 PM
Theorem wrote:Honestly I didn't even bother open the scenes, but as per the "cover sheets", infection has now reached chapter 7 (and hence almost every scene prior to that).

Well the other scenes did look brighter but looking at the small scene picture closely, it seems all the old items are placed as they were.. So I was unsure if they had really changed..

I did play the new Mansion Gate, as it was totally new, but your right if the others have changed, I don't want to waste energy on playing ugly, when the payout is so low also.

traderdi75143
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by traderdi75143 on Oct 7, 14 12:47 PM
The infection in chapter 7is growing all they need is a bell around there neck saying here I am feel bad for the people that made up this game in the first place

[Post New]by LillyMunster on Oct 7, 14 1:06 PM
STOP RUINING THIS GAME!!!!! It's not a game for 3 year olds! Whomever is making these changes to the HOS is inept to say the least! Stop screwing up things that are NOT wrong! Start fixing REAL PROBLEMS!!! Display issues for one! Now what have you done to the collect buttons????

I'm really close to asking for a total refund of all real money paid and deleting this game.

This is beyond reasonable. If we wanted to play a game for children, we would have gone and found one! [Removed by Moderator] Who did this???? Get rid of it!

STOP RUINING THE GAME! STOP RUINING THE GAME! STOP RUINING THE GAME!

Get it????????

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 2:43:28 PM PST

MidnightMoss
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by MidnightMoss on Oct 7, 14 1:10 PM
I'm afraid I feel very stupid indeed to have started a new manor during the last SH, for now it seems HOs are not the only thing being revamped...the whole game is!!

Edited on 10/08/2014 at 1:04:00 AM PST

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 7, 14 1:15 PM
I got just 2 of the skulls on a stick, not three. How strange is that??? I Despise the having to click everywhere and chase walkers to collect juju.
I had three land parts that came ready during the maintenance. After I collected them I saw these strange pots with half a pulsing rainbow sitting on each. What the??? They are huge, not particularly attractive and worth nothing. Just EXACTLY what we have all been begging for, yes? You can put them in your inventory with all the other useless stuff you can't sell. NICE. Especially since we all know what happens when we put too much in inventory.

I want the things we were promised when we paid GOLD to buy the premium scenes this morning.

One step forward, two steps back.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on Oct 7, 14 1:21 PM
Too much were they rainbow pots, could they be described as chests? Someone else started a thread on called "Disappearing Circus Tents" They described a rainbow chest and a loss of 2 circus tents. They found their circus tents in inventory, but still don't know where the rainbow chest came from.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 1:29 PM
Ok, just checked on several of these things.

Went to my oldest manor, which I hadn't played in a couple days. Coffin there was at Day 2. Gave me 500 silver.

Went to my 3rd manor. Took a screenshot of the splash screen that showed the Premium scene sale, and showing the Frog's Legs and another special item included in the sale packages of those scenes.

Checked out those Premium Scenes on sale. I hadn't yet bought The Boneyard at this manor, and the screen showing it on sale also showed the 3 skulls as part of the package. Took a screenshot of that.... then stupidly trusted and bought the scene. Got the Quest to fill 2 vials (that never showed up in my 2nd manor)... filled them and instead of getting the 3 skulls, I got 9,000 silver.

So, another ticket to submit, along with the screenshots showing that the special items were part of the sale.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Oct 7, 14 1:31 PM
eli173 wrote:
Ruby2sdy wrote:
Oh, another thing --- since I hadn't been to my 2nd baby manor today and just went there now, I had the splash screen to click on the coffin and get my daily award for playing. I got 500 silver. 500??? And that's supposed to convince me to play every day?

If this is true, how cheap can one be???

oh yes i was afraid of that i went into Negative equity late today too and got onlt 500 for day 4 instead of 8.000 i am shaking my head in despair it costs them nothing to give us that is this RIP Dark Manor

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 7, 14 1:33 PM
I played most of the revamped scenes and wanted to cry. They are almost unrecognizable - Loch, Kitchen, Pagoda, Zoo have been completely destroyed. Only the Huqua retains some of the old atmosphere. And the split scenes, now crowded with al lthose garish items, are even worse.

It looks like some new designers chased away the old ones and hastily massacred the scenes without even bothering to read and retain the wording for the items that are still there. So, "cow" has become "cattle crossing", "hand brush" a "small broom" etc. HIDEOUS!

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 1:45:11 PM PST

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Oct 7, 14 1:43 PM
Obviously, the inmates have gotten free and are now running. . .no. . .ruining the game! Yes, months ago, I wrote that the attic scene was very difficult for me to play, and it would help is a few of the scenes were a bit easier to see. Merciful heavens, I never expected the horrific results of that comment. Someone has to round up all the escapees from the psych ward, return them to whatever cave they emerged from, and undo the desecration they have inflicted on the original game we old-timers knew and loved! Enough of this insanity already!
Argent
The new Mansion Gate concept is interesting. I think it replaced a second split screen in the chapter, but once again, it is gaudy and not worthy of the original art work.
Oh, great, now it has frozen on the mini-screen telling me, "Find the objects before the timer runs out." It's been frozen for five minutes now! AAGH!

Edited on 10/07/2014 at 2:14:18 PM PST

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 7, 14 2:08 PM
OK, I'm one gold bar away from opening a missing premium scene in today's sale... but noticed that all my premium scene quests have disappeared. Some others seem to be saying they're not getting the gifts that come from the premium scenes. So if I don't win gold for playing it and don't get a gift...why should I bother opening it???

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 2:17 PM
Psyche, I wouldn't bother opening them up. I had bought one and was just beginning the dialogue part of the scene when the server went down for maintenance. When it came back up, the scene was open, but I had no Quest for it. I filled the vials anyway (more than what should have been needed). I got NOTHING for that, not the special item, not extra silver.

Went to my next manor. The screen still showed the special item as part of the package, so I foolishly bought it .... although this time, I did take a screenshot showing the 3 skulls as part of the package. I did get the Quest to fill 2 vials in that scene. Filled them, and got 9,000 silver. Never did get the 3 skulls.

I've already submitted 2 tickets, one for each manor that didn't get what was promised. I already have these scenes in my oldest manor, so could play them there if I wanted. I just wanted the unique items that come with the Premium scenes.... and if not getting what was promised, they should refund the cost of the scene, and I don't care if they lock the scene back up or not.

Kitsunegrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Kitsunegrl on Oct 7, 14 2:29 PM
Very disappointing to finally get new premium scenes only to find no bonus items. Those items were the only reason I wanted the scenes. Several hundred gold wasted.

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 2:34 PM
Kitsunegrl wrote:Very disappointing to finally get new premium scenes only to find no bonus items. Those items were the only reason I wanted the scenes. Several hundred gold wasted.

Kitsunegrl, I would submit a ticket to CS if that was why you wanted the scenes. The special items are the only reason I bought the scenes today too. They were most definitely advertised showing the items and I have screenshots of that, which I attached when I wrote my complaints to CS.

Without the special items, I'd rather not have the scenes and have the gold to buy other items that I like.

Kitsunegrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Kitsunegrl on Oct 7, 14 2:39 PM
Good idea because right now I acctually feel robbed!

ArgentFarfel
Herring
Herring
321 Posts

[Post New]by ArgentFarfel on Oct 7, 14 2:42 PM
Interesting. After I broke the game and returned to play the Mansion Gate in my baby manor, there were no vials filled, so I started it. Now, mind you, I was well beyond that scene, but I replayed it and began filling vials. I deliberately exited and went to my first manor, Maison de Mun. Here, the vials are all filled from the original scene, so when I played, my new score came up, but my original score showed as much higher! Now what?
Argent

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 2:44 PM
Kitsunegrl wrote:Good idea because right now I acctually feel robbed!

I do too. My baby manors didn't have a lot of gold to spare. I felt the sale price was fair if it opened those scenes which pay a bit more, PLUS gave me items I can't buy elsewhere.

The only reason I bought them was for the special items. As I said, I have the screenshots showing them on sale, WITH the special items.... so it was bait and switch.

Even after getting ripped off for the special item and no extra silver at one manor, I stupidly trusted the sale screen and bought a scene at another baby manor. So for 118 gold, I got 9000 silver.

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Oct 7, 14 2:58 PM
I just checked all my quests - I had one each for 12.4, 13.4, 14.4 and 15.4 and they have all disappeared. I bought them awhile ago and just had not opened them yet. Put a ticket into CS for reimbursement for all the goodies that came with the premium scenes as well as the regular chapter quests. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Kitsunegrl
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Kitsunegrl on Oct 7, 14 3:00 PM
I have never been booted from the game, now while trying to send a ticket, I have been booted twice. Lol...hysterically

Ruby2sdy
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by Ruby2sdy on Oct 7, 14 3:08 PM
ArgentFarfel wrote:Interesting. After I broke the game and returned to play the Mansion Gate in my baby manor, there were no vials filled, so I started it. Now, mind you, I was well beyond that scene, but I replayed it and began filling vials. I deliberately exited and went to my first manor, Maison de Mun. Here, the vials are all filled from the original scene, so when I played, my new score came up, but my original score showed as much higher! Now what?
Argent

When I went to play The Boneyard after I bought it, the score board came up showing only me and one of my neighbors --- out of 300. I went to the next manor, played the same scene, and lots of my neighbors there were listed on the board.

Go to: