tonight's update

Re:tonight's update

[Post New]by lulubelle914 on Oct 11, 14 9:47 AM
Seriously you post after the update that's like having a sale and advertising after its over gezz get on the ball over there ,we keep up with our dues buying games so forth we need info fully informed fairly treated ok I vented

[Post New]by BarpPuentes on Oct 11, 14 4:02 PM
I updated the game through the manual thread and found no changes at all. When I saw the message from bfgLianorm, I went to the options and tried to find the manual update. I have already been updated, so nothing is showing up. Am I going to get the Halloween game or not? I missed out last year and have been waiting forever.

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 11, 14 7:10 PM
bfgLianorm wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to swim by and let you know that additional information for the recent update has been added.

We just found out about a few more fun things with this recent update, so you'll want to be sure to check the New Update thread to see what else has been added.

bfgLianorm

So where is the new update bfgLianorm you speak of????????????

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Oct 10, 14 5:58 AM
Hey there Everyone!

I have great news! After a bit of waiting, a new version of Found: A Hidden Object Adventure is now available on the website. This update includes:

- Halloween Content
- Some bug fixes
- 4 new locations
- 4 new mobs
- 7 elite mobs
- 8 new collections
- 48 collection items
- 60 new quests
- Hunter's hut on the third island

This update should show up on the left-hand side of your Big Fish Games app under 'Updates.' If you're not seeing that, just follow the steps below:

1) Open your app and make sure you're signed into your account.
2) Click on the 'Options' COG on the top right-hand side of your screen.
3) Click on the 'Downloads' tab.
4) Select 'Manually' and click 'Check For Updates.'

If you are still running into issues after installing that update, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into those.

Thank you again for your patience everyone!

bfgLianorm

Edited on 10/11/2014 at 9:11:26 AM PST

Edited on 10/11/2014 at 7:19:17 PM PST

basmith12
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by basmith12 on Oct 11, 14 7:23 PM
Hooiseramy, I am not sure if this will help but I found this in the first thread of the page even though the last date show August 19th update when I entered this was the last posting dated Oct 10, 2014. It does not however state when it will become active but looks like it may be a lot of fun. Cannot wait!

This update includes:

- Halloween Content
- Some bug fixes
- 4 new locations
- 4 new mobs
- 7 elite mobs
- 8 new collections
- 48 collection items
- 60 new quests

[Post New]by BarpPuentes on Oct 11, 14 10:50 PM
Now I am really confused. When this all began, I was told my game manager was out of date and that I had to update. No update was available on my manager (left hand side) so I was told to look for it manually. After downloading the new update, I saw absolutely no change at all. Then I am told that a new update is available, but since I already updated, i am not allowed to update the Halloween version that everyone else is running across. Is there a secret to this that we aren't being told about. I see the Halloween screen when looking at the free to play games, but I'll be darned if I know how to get at it. If I get cheated out of the goodies this year, I;ll be really broken hearted since I missed the update last year. If someone knows what is going on, please let us in on it.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 12, 14 7:20 AM
You probably have the latest version...the Halloween specials haven't been "triggered" yet. We "assume" it'll happen on the 15th. (But I guarantee you I'm in there every day checking to see if it's happening yet!)

jhmsec
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by jhmsec on Oct 12, 14 9:23 AM
i also did the update and nothing new appeared! now when I try and go on it keeps saying loading and saying the connection cannot not be made now? is anyone else having this problem? also if I delete the game and reinstall does anyone know if I will lose where I am ?thanks!!!!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 12, 14 10:15 AM
See my previous note, please. None of us can see any changes yet. And since we play online, as someone else pointed out, it won't do any good to try to "fool" the game by changing your computer date.
So just hang in there until it triggers.
There is some advice either in this string or the Halloween one about how to go into your files and check for the Halloween stuff...if it's in the files, you're up-to-date even if you don't see any changes.

winnerkooties
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,203 Posts

[Post New]by winnerkooties on Oct 12, 14 4:01 PM
jhmsec wrote:i also did the update and nothing new appeared! now when I try and go on it keeps saying loading and saying the connection cannot not be made now? is anyone else having this problem? also if I delete the game and reinstall does anyone know if I will lose where I am ?thanks!!!!

I'm having the same trouble, I can't play today because my game cannot connect to the server. I lost a lot of coins in the Hunter's House because I couldn't get in there to banish the floaters this morning.

And as for restarting your game, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't delete your files. Just restarting the game takes you to the same level you were on.

Edited to add: I uninstalled the game and then reinstalled it, and now I am able to play.

Edited on 10/12/2014 at 7:41:16 PM PST

lisalisa52
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lisalisa52 on Oct 13, 14 9:36 AM
I also updated and was so excited about having the Halloween fun again this year, but obviously Big Fish are keeping us waiting. No matter, ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 13, 14 7:43 PM
Again another bfg mystery, as to why they would post saying all the things on the update...have us download the update (no choice) and make us wait for said update. As I've stated before on a few threads, the Halloween program did come down with the download, but has yet to be triggered by the date they want it to. Was it a slip of the keyboard that it was posted to be an update????? Was it a slow day for the servers, so they could slide it in????? Why not just tell us, that the Halloween content would be downloaded, but not triggered till the date they set????? My gosh we play games, but we aren't children....sheesh....

Ok, stepping off soap box...

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 14, 14 3:16 AM
HoosierAmy wrote:Again another bfg mystery, as to why they would post saying all the things on the update...have us download the update (no choice) and make us wait for said update. As I've stated before on a few threads, the Halloween program did come down with the download, but has yet to be triggered by the date they want it to. Was it a slip of the keyboard that it was posted to be an update????? Was it a slow day for the servers, so they could slide it in????? Why not just tell us, that the Halloween content would be downloaded, but not triggered till the date they set????? My gosh we play games, but we aren't children....sheesh....

Ok, stepping off soap box...

I'm glad the update came a week early....if any catastrophic things had happened, they could have had time to fix before the event trigger(remember Xmas?).....as to not telling us "when", makes the anticipation grow.....

HoosierAmy
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,227 Posts

[Post New]by HoosierAmy on Oct 14, 14 3:25 AM
~trixie, I see your point about the anticipation. But (my feelings) until the "trigger date" we won't know if the Halloween update works or not until we can play it...

Mystified, AmyHoo.....

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Oct 14, 14 4:36 AM
I think I'll probably stay up until midnight tonight just to see if it triggers on the 15th. My roommate's having surgery today, so I'll probably not be able to sleep anyhow.

One other thing to note...there's a note in the update notice that says something about fixing some bugs. Since my game plays well, I don't currently know of any.

I do know, however, that there are folks out there unable to complete some quests because "you don't know where to find this item". I haven't seen any comments since the update, but, if that was fixed, it would definitely make the update worth putting in a few days early.

I don't think it specified what it was fixing, though.

GameJack
Clownfish
Clownfish
801 Posts

[Post New]by GameJack on Oct 14, 14 8:03 AM
It also is supposed to include 4 new locations and other goods on new Island. That would make it a triple bonus.

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Oct 14, 14 8:37 AM
Good news...arkady in another thread posted it's the 15thy in Queensland and the Halloween stuff has started!!!!!

buckingham
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by buckingham on Oct 14, 14 9:05 AM
i live in Queensland Australia and Halloween did start at midnight but didnt get any new quest just halloween one and no more mods just jack and no more opened on third island i am not sure if when that will happen maybe after the Halloween things finish

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Oct 15, 14 3:25 AM
basmith12 wrote:Hooiseramy, I am not sure if this will help but I found this in the first thread of the page even though the last date show August 19th update when I entered this was the last posting dated Oct 10, 2014. It does not however state when it will become active but looks like it may be a lot of fun. Cannot wait!

This update includes:

- Halloween Content
- Some bug fixes
- 4 new locations
- 4 new mobs
- 7 elite mobs
- 8 new collections
- 48 collection items
- 60 new quests

Well, the Halloween stuff is up and running. No new locations. Maybe later?

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Oct 15, 14 4:23 AM
What about a hunter's hut in 3rd island? I'm not seeing one...

[Post New]by wolfcall2 on Oct 15, 14 11:54 AM
Since yesterdays update for ipad while playing the screen moves around, any fix or is this something new that is suppose to happen. I find it very annoying.

Go to: