Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Evil Pumpkin: The Lost Halloween here!

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Oct 28, 14 4:24 PM
I played the trial without any problems. When the trial was up, I bought the game. After I downloaded the game and unlocking it, I went back in to play and it opened up in the backyard. I tried clicking on going to the shop and go back to the game. Neither works. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. I can't play the game. Every time I close out the game and reopen it the same thing happens. It opens up in the backyard and I can't do anything.

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Oct 29, 14 6:14 AM
Is anyone else having trouble manipulating the puzzles? The pieces just will not move. Every now and again a square (or number, etc) will move for me, but it is very sporadic. They just seem to lock up. Very frustrating and the skip button takes FOREVER. I'm afraid this will have to be a no-buy for me if I can't do the puzzles and I have to wait so long to skip them.

krinneyd
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by krinneyd on Oct 29, 14 7:13 AM
dbendr wrote:Yes, most of Chapter 6 as shown in part 10 of the YouTube walkthrough is missing. The game skips from climbing out of the labyrinth to the scene with the two story house with the boy and villain swapping places.

The scenes with the father are gone, and the map shows no active or visitable areas.

By consulting the journal, forum topics here and a lot of trial and error, I managed to make use of the matches and get the vortex activated and in place. Also a dog showed up. I'm down to two inventory items and four gizmos. I'm stuck.

Please give us the rest of Chapter Six. A non-video walkthrough would be nice as well.

I also haven't been able to get any of my shop purchases to show up in the back garden. I skipped the tutorial so I don't know whether this is a bug or not."

I used most of this quote as it applied to my experience with the game, except for the last part where the quotes, puns and poems were totally lost because the sound was so lousy.... yikes!
I run windows pc 7 and it totally skipped chapter 6....so it's definitely a glitch with the game not the operating systems. what a waste of a good credit. :p

mai66
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by mai66 on Oct 29, 14 7:42 AM
didersham wrote:
CiChDa wrote:Windows 8.1 PC

My curser keeps locking up in the scenes.

YES, I have changed the battery and it is a new mouse!

Anyone else have this problem?

uninstalled and reinstalled, seems to be working better.

edited for additional comment

The same thing is happening to me with the curser locking up.

Same problem. Lucky I haven´t bought it yet, but would have, if it had no glitshes.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Oct 29, 14 9:59 AM
Do you think they will come out with a patch for this game for the problem of it locking up on us?

I really wanted to play this game, so I went ahead and purchased with the hope the freezing wouldn't continue. BUT...it did!

So, I am out the game and uninstalled it from my game manager.

My actual question is, should I put it back on my game manager in case they do come out with a fix? That way I might be notified that they did, correct?

Ci

gamefun13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gamefun13 on Oct 29, 14 2:22 PM
I am having the same problem as Florida Girl... This is the second game I have bought and does not work. I need a refund on both games. I already sent in a problem with the first game. Need to here something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Oct 31, 14 4:58 PM
BAD CURSOR!!!
just wanted to add my own locking cursor problems here ... hmmmm .. too bad ... seemed like a good halloween game ... just couldn't play this one ... i have imac os 10.8.5 and parallels with windows 7 ... BOOOOOOOO !!!

[Post New]by mamanurse32 on Oct 31, 14 7:30 PM
My winding key for the toy carousel doesn't work. I was able to set it on the table and put the winding key in the slot on the carousel and even turn it, but that's all. I turn it over and over but nothing happens. Any ideas?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Oct 31, 14 11:36 PM
Mamanurse, push the button to the left of the key.

[Post New]by mamanurse32 on Nov 1, 14 7:20 AM
Oohh! Thanks kgustavson!

lizzannee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lizzannee on Nov 3, 14 5:14 AM
im having the same problem it skip a scene then it goes to the two story house and you just jump around the bad guy but thats it please help

lost last chapter? What happened to the entire last chapter?

[Post New]by blackdame on Nov 3, 14 2:21 PM
rrobinson7 wrote:iMac running OS 10.9.5

climbed out of the throne room and ended up at a house chasing the evil pumpkin guy. cannot get any way to move forward. game totally skipped the entire last chapter. any plans for a fix in the near future? not too happy

I'm stuck in the same place. Is there a fix or do we get a refund or another game. Please let me know.

[Post New]by micheleappleyard on Nov 4, 14 7:22 AM
I picked up the stick in the forest but it is not in my inventory.

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 4, 14 4:30 PM
I have the PC version of the game. I'm having the same problem with the items on the table in the cafe - the ring, keys, scissors and picture do not move, so it's impossible to solve the puzzle. Much to my amusement, I noticed that the person who made the 'video walkthrough' hit the skip button for this puzzle, lol!
I froze the frame with the correctly sorted tables, but can't move some of the items to make it match.

I hope there will be a patch for this! Otherwise, the game is very amusing and witty.

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Nov 5, 14 8:48 AM
I love this game but once I get to the throne room and up through the roof, I end up on a house with a good and bad guy and can't do anything to move further??

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 6, 14 10:44 AM
maryheim1 wrote:I love this game but once I get to the throne room and up through the roof, I end up on a house with a good and bad guy and can't do anything to move further??

Exactly the same thing here! Annoying because the Chapter VI is lost apart from the very last scene.
So please fix it or refund it!
A game without an end isn´t worth the money.

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Nov 7, 14 7:14 AM
I am missing all of Part 6, it goes from Part 5 right to the end and I freeze there

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on Nov 8, 14 4:40 PM
Update/correction to my post above, where I state I could not solve the table puzzle and had to skip it. I looked carefully at the tables (after skipping) and noted down what was on each table. The pieces that cannot move, (which are moveable in the walkthrough video) are already correctly placed. I started a new game, placed the pieces as per my notes, and the puzzle worked! So it *can* be solved after all.

cinnix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by cinnix on Nov 8, 14 8:07 PM
oh fiddlesmurf...
don't even ask me where i am...
i need to get the sand out of the hourglass.. i think but for some reason the slingshot with the pebble won't leave the screen.. it just stays at the ready..but wont shoot and it won't go back into inventory. if i move to another room.. the slingshot comes with me.
am i enjoying a glitch ?
frustrating because i've made it to this point and can't progress.
anybody else have this situation ?
thanks
cinnamon

[Post New]by angel6481 on Nov 10, 14 2:01 PM
stormaf wrote:I spent about fifteen minutes clicking on the pump handle to no avail.

Go to: