bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Trial was over after download

[Post New]by bluesinew on Oct 16, 14 11:39 AM
I downloaded the game and could not play...I got the message "trial over"... I hadn't even played the game. Never had this happen before. Unless this game was offered before and I played the trial, other than that explanation, I can't understand why it happened.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 16, 14 11:57 AM
It sometimes just happens, bluesinew - a hiccup in the DL procedure. Unless you've played the beta of this game (if there was one), just reload and re-install the demo. That should fix it - good luck.

bluesinew wrote:I downloaded the game and could not play...I got the message "trial over"... I hadn't even played the game. Never had this happen before. Unless this game was offered before and I played the trial, other than that explanation, I can't understand why it happened.

To add: Played the demo w/o any tech problems or slow motion on a Desktop PC, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Riddles of Fate: Memento Mori here!

[Post New]by swedane on Oct 16, 14 12:30 PM
Thought I'd join the crowd in telling Mac gamers, that the game is running just fine on my 2009 iMac, OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.

[Post New]by marsupial on Oct 16, 14 12:45 PM
I am having same problems, very slow action and cursor acts like a bowl of jelly, I have a pc windows 8, never had problems before with this kind of game.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by bluesinew on Oct 16, 14 2:08 PM
_DD_ wrote:It sometimes just happens, bluesinew - a hiccup in the DL procedure. Unless you've played the beta of this game (if there was one), just reload and re-install the demo. That should fix it - good luck.

bluesinew wrote:I downloaded the game and could not play...I got the message "trial over"... I hadn't even played the game. Never had this happen before. Unless this game was offered before and I played the trial, other than that explanation, I can't understand why it happened.

To add: Played the demo w/o any tech problems or slow motion on a Desktop PC, Win 7 Pro 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 graphics card.

Thanks DD... you were right... after install I was able to play demo without any problems.

rufus1926
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by rufus1926 on Oct 16, 14 3:18 PM
I have Windows 8 also. Tried first time way to slow to play, reloaded it a second time and took off the special effects and the custom curser and still far too slow to play. Too bad, looks like a great game.

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Oct 16, 14 7:51 PM
I'm having the same problem with the GLITCH at the end of the game. Over and over trying to throw the blue ball of magic only to have to re-position the last piece of the jigsaw over and over again.

It was good up until then. I had some sound issues. Cutting out and some jumping around. Windows 8 64bit.

Linda.

Slow Mo game

[Post New]by GingerNutGirl on Oct 16, 14 10:01 PM
Let's just take a moment here - If multiple people, using multiple different types of computers here are all having the same issues with the game running slowly, and our computers can play faster, more detailed graphic games with no problem, why assume it's PC's at fault? It's definitely the game in my opinion! I have no problem with any other game at bigfish, why just this one game?

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Oct 16, 14 10:45 PM
Same problem as every one else and it is NOT our problem with our computers but something on your end, you should figure that out before you release these games, You always blame the customers computers but rarely is that ever the problem!

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Oct 17, 14 4:51 AM
My game is also running painfully slow like others have stated. The game itself runs choppy and slow with long load times between screens. The mouse cursor is extremely laggy and sticky. I have a high end laptop with Windows 8.1, Nvidia graphics, i7 (quad) processor and a ton of RAM. Other (more graphic intensive) games run perfectly for me. I received a message about turning off special effects, which I tried doing with no improvement.

Please fix this, since I purchased this wonderful game and really want to play it.

Thanks for your time!

PS. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I have the same (laggy) problem with many other games by this awesome developer.

E.T.A

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 4:56:42 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Oct 17, 14 5:52 AM
rosiekb wrote:Glitch in the Bonus game. Trying to get through a gate and you have to use magic on it, which brings up a jigsaw. The jigsaw gets completed, then repeats ad nauseum! Sigh, another duff game Big Fish?

Exactly the same problem for me. The SG does show that it's virtually the end of the game anyway but still it would have been nice to actually be able to complete it
Second game I've bought recently with an issue; League of Light also has a bug in the bonus chapter.

nadayehia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by nadayehia on Oct 17, 14 11:28 AM
Same problem very slow even after unckecking the special effect thingy... Makes me feel bored with the game though I've played the demo and it was fine.

[Post New]by cat099 on Oct 17, 14 12:11 PM
I am at the end of the bonus game and the gate will not open. Every time I put in the last piece the energy shoots but it does not remove the lock. I have exited the game. I have rebooted my computer.
There is another forum post of people with this problem. Please help

I have windows 7 home premium. I have a very new video card - Nvidia version 335.23 GeForce GTX 750 Ti.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Oct 17, 14 5:31 PM
I'm also unable to open the gate at the end of the bonus game. There is nothing more frustrating than a glitch at the very end! Now I won't be able to see what the secret room is since you have to complete the bonus game to access it. Another gamer said they closed the game and when they went back in, it worked but that wasn't the case for me. I'm running Windows Vista home.

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 5:32:01 PM PST

bigdave02
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by bigdave02 on Oct 18, 14 3:40 AM
Error 6

[Post New]by JimInLaCrosse on Oct 18, 14 8:10 AM
This is the second game I downloaded in the past two weeks that is very slow. The other gave was Mystery Trackers: Blackrows Secret. From what I have in both forums it seems to be the game and not the computer or operating system we are using.

[Post New]by mommaj06 on Oct 18, 14 10:02 AM
I have windows 8, cannot play game once I earn the map the game keeps jumping back and forth between the list of games I have downloaded and the game. I have to shut the computer down to get the windows to close. Tried to play 2x and same results.

[Post New]by JimInLaCrosse on Oct 18, 14 10:15 AM
Adobe Flash Player wanted to do an update on my computer and I allowed the update. After the update this game played normally. It was not slow at all.. I hope this helps someone. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium.

The version that Adobe Flash Player installed was Adobe Flash Player 15 Active X 15.0.0.189.

I also checked and my video driver is up to date.

[Post New]by LaineeLou on Oct 18, 14 4:25 PM
angelfish106 wrote:
rosiekb wrote:Glitch in the Bonus game. Trying to get through a gate and you have to use magic on it, which brings up a jigsaw. The jigsaw gets completed, then repeats ad nauseum! Sigh, another duff game Big Fish?

Exactly the same problem for me. The SG does show that it's virtually the end of the game anyway but still it would have been nice to actually be able to complete it
Second game I've bought recently with an issue; League of Light also has a bug in the bonus chapter.

I had the gate issue, too, as well as being unable to finish all achievements in League of Light. It's very annoying to have games conk out on you.

Edited on 10/18/2014 at 4:26:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Catsie21 on Oct 18, 14 4:53 PM
I am having the same problem in the bonus game the gate won't after I place the last puzzle piece and shoot the magic at it tried reloading the game still won't open tried skipping it didn't work. I am use win 8.1 and everything is up to date

Go to: