wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

Re:Message To Players from Boom Zap (ART Creator)

[Post New]by wulfruna on Oct 29, 14 3:25 PM
jodiswat wrote:little confused, so one message sent a couple of weeks and now we are looking at the update coming in December? Please clarify.

The key public message to us from Chris said that they were "hoping" it would be within a "few weeks", but could well take longer depending on the testing. He did not promise anything within a "couple of weeks"! A few weeks could easily be four or five, which would bring us close to December.
It is interesting to note that the only seasonal event he mentions in the more personal message to Oddly is the lead up to Christmas, suggesting that they are not planning anything major before that, because they do not want to build up our hopes falsely.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 23, 14 6:39 AM
Law, this is one of two threads.

Edited on 11/23/2014 at 6:50:35 AM PST

crestedwave
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by crestedwave on Nov 24, 14 8:46 PM
forget the update they keep lying to us. they have said they been testing for months now another few weeks , well I am just about done with the game its getting boring and nothing to do same old same old . just tell us the truth big fish

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 24, 14 9:54 PM
Hey there crestedwave,

I wanted to check in briefly.

At this moment in time, the moderators and I do not have any news regarding the release of the much anticipated update for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'.

As has been mentioned in other threads, it is a matter of when, and should we receive any details about this will will update our users.

On behalf of the many teams involved in the game, both BoomZap and Big Fish Games, we truly thank you all for your patience.

bfgMurrumbidgee

timduk
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by timduk on Nov 25, 14 4:11 AM
why does this post remind me of one of those Ministry of Transport signs we see on UK motorways after sitting in endless road works for hours on end ..... "sorry for any inconvenience caused" .......

Deanna000
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by Deanna000 on Nov 25, 14 7:27 AM

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Nov 26, 14 5:22 AM
Well that update said it all. No information on the update. That tells me we will not see it for a long, long, time. Good bye, cruel, game.

Merlion
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Merlion on Nov 26, 14 6:32 AM
Thanks guys for the update. Like some of you I have not given up on ART as I so enjoyed playing this game and meeting so many nice people, while I am waiting patiently for the updates I have lots of other games to play. I log in to give out and receiving keys and build up my resources. I totally agree with Odd I much rather they update it glitches free than to get frustrated with updates and encounter lots of faults. There is a saying “All good things come to those who waits” so I am waiting patiently, I think it’s more like when rather than will they. It might be a long wait but hopefully when they do it will be exciting and worth the wait. Please note this is my personal opinion.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Nov 26, 14 8:04 AM
I agree with Oddly and Merlion.

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Nov 26, 14 12:54 PM
This is all fine and dandy, I as a retired Military learned a old saying/lesson while serving, "When standing around the Scuttle-****, don't listen to the rumors or spread what you hear, because it's all rumors and when spreading rumors it can get you into trouble." As for the update, I'll wait for it, but I'm not holding my breath like some have been doing.
I'm very happy that Bigfishgames has put out yesterday the newest edition to my long awaited game in the Mystery Case Files, Dire Grove, Scared Grove. This will give me hours of enjoyment, yes, hours since I do play my games more then just once. I like to see if I can do better the next time I play it.
Yes Moderators I'm using a title of a game in my post! And yes, BFG has it on their website! as well as hundreds of other games I own.
No, I haven't given up on ART, nor will I. I have other games to keep me busy while patiently waiting for this long awaited update.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 9:28:50 PM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Nov 27, 14 2:48 PM
lilyr wrote:I agree with Oddly and Merlion.

Me too..... and like sahobbs I was happy to spot another new game with a guaranteed fun factor to keep me busy for a bit
For games like that we don't seem to worry about it taking months for a sequel to appear - even though they seem to be nearly all pretty identical in format and storyline! But they still have to be reprogrammed and tested out before they can be released - and then they come as a nice surprise to us.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

[Post New]by hellsfury64 on Nov 30, 14 6:03 PM
As far as coding goes, one extra key stroke can cause the whole thing that person was working on to fail. Depending on what file it is, it could then cause other things to not work properly and so on down the line.

He said December, so I'm going to take him for his word. He is aiming for mid December.

That being said, that is when everyone takes their vacation though. Either you get a perfectly working game so they can have their much needed rest or you get one released to appease everyone and when the glitches start popping up you will have to wait for their return from vacation to have anything reworked.

They may just wait until after the holidays to release just to avoid that even if they think it is a perfectly functioning program.

Go to: