Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer here!

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on Oct 18, 14 4:14 PM
by the way ... over the past two weeks i had a major problem with windows 7 updates which made my computer restart all on its own whenever it wanted right in the middle of games or just connecting to the internet ... i am wondering if that may be a factor ... owell ..... when they finally came out with additional updates, the problem resolved itself ... so frustrating ... just FYI ...

smnor
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by smnor on Oct 19, 14 3:01 AM
I have a bug, as I am unable to move on making the special potion in the hut in the forest. I add all the ingredients, but the game do not registrate that the blue berries is added, so it keeps telling me to follow the recipe.
I have actually tried to do this twice, and my adventure stops in the hut.

[Post New]by securefed on Oct 19, 14 4:38 AM
I am running this game on a Dell 27" all-in-one. Windows 8.1. I am unable to get the game to display in true full screen mode. I tried changing my resolution about as low as it will go, but it still only covered about 2/3 of the screen. I bought a large screen monitor for a reason and I would like the game (like all the other games I have played and bought on BFG) to display in full screen mode.

I even tried choosing the wide screen mode (in the game) thinking that might make a difference, but it didn't.

Difficult to play this game when it's not full screen, although I did play for a little while to try out the game. I like the game itself, but unless they fix the full screen issue, I won't be buying it.

[Post New]by Lorill35 on Oct 19, 14 5:02 AM
Hello,
I have a technical issue as the other here.
The screen is too big so all buttons are outside and i can't reach them with the mouse. Even the animation are too big for my screen.
Thank's a lot in advance.
i play on a Imac

Edited on 10/19/2014 at 5:02:45 AM PST

Screen not sizing properly on my MacPro

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Oct 19, 14 6:55 AM
The inventory and key function keys are not fully visible on the screen. I've tried using Wide Screen and Full Screen but there is no difference. Impossible to play the game when you cannot see everything!

I used a free game coupon because I was unable to finish Whispered Secrets: Into the Wind CE due to a developer error.

Is this yet another Mac issue? After years of membership and owner of almost every CE game made, I am seriously considering canceling! Gaming is supposed to be relaxing!

[Post New]by Barnmaster on Oct 19, 14 4:22 PM
Thank you RJohn - I am running Yosemite with a 27" screen and an early 2008 MacPro. Making the Display changes fixed the problem. There is still some slowness at times and periodically I lose the cursor, but for the most part it works!

rjohn82677 wrote:I am having difficulty with this game because the entire screen is not viewable. I am using a large screen iMac and the inventory is not fully viewable. I need to know how to make the screen "smaller" so that it is completely viewable.

RJohn

******* Yeah!!!!
Problem solved. 1. Go to System Preferences. 2. Click "Scaled Button". 3. Select "1600x900". This new scale will cause the game display to change to allow a full screen viewing with no problems seeing everything.

[Post New]by qdcali on Oct 19, 14 5:13 PM
Thanks for the tip. Changing the display settings to 1600x900 fixed the problem.

pammysueb
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammysueb on Oct 20, 14 12:28 PM
anon457 wrote:I....there was no buttons for "PLAY" "EXIT".... P.S. My screen resolution is set at 2560x1440 !!!!!CHANGE RESOLUTION TO A DIFFERENT SETTING!!!!! 1680X1050 WORKED FOR ME. THANKS, RJohn

21" iMac with 10.6.8; same video issue; default screen on my Mac is 1920x1080. Reducing the screen resolution to 1680x1050 worked, but the point is this should not be happening. While I was able to get the game to work, I think I'll wait until developer Orneon puts out a fix to the issue before buying it.

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Oct 21, 14 3:06 PM
I am running a Windows 8.1 PC fully patched with 1Tb HD and 16GB Ram with i7 quadcore chips. I can't get any further than the difficulty selection, where it immediately bails out to the game manager. I've tried running compatibility mode for Win 7 and for Win XP SP 3 and NOTHING works.

Vera0205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Vera0205 on Oct 21, 14 10:48 PM
Mac OS 10.9.4 (the version before Yosemite)
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GBs RAM

When I launch the game, each screen seems to get "stuck" until I click outside the game window & then click back to the game. I can hear sounds but can't progress in the game. Once past the intro & main menu, I get the "Resume/Main Menu" screen you'd expect if you've paused the game. But when I click "Resume", the display is again "stuck". I can hear the audio, but the "Resume/Main Menu" dialog box is still there. Can't get any further.

I've tried adjusting the resolution, currently at 1280x1024, to 1024x820. Didn't help. Also doesn't seem to make a difference whether it's fullscreen or widescreen.

ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Oct 21, 14 11:10 PM
Kayen59 wrote:I have no idea how to start this game since I don't have a start button or options or exit button when I open up the game. The only way I can get out of it is to Crtl, Alt Del. What is going on, gonna try to unistall and re install the game hope that works. If not I will be asking for a refund

i also have this problem and I have a mac, I don't want to download again as I live in a rural area an have limited download (16gb/month) and very expensive if I go over the limit.

Id rather have my money back than risk it not working again!!! >:-(

[Post New]by bettyjayson on Oct 22, 14 1:19 PM
the game does not open at all, tried to install it again and this time just got a black screen, the only way to exit the game was to put the pointer on top of game bar. I never have any problems and I have a Mac

gwenofala
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by gwenofala on Oct 22, 14 5:53 PM
coopsmom201 wrote:I have tried playing this demo on MAC Yosemite operating system. Downloads, opens and plays fine. BUT I cannot see the entire screen I can only see a quarter of the inventory area - makes it unplayable. can't see the exit buttons the pic is too big for the screen

I have the same problem Scenes too big for the screen . So no buy for me !

[Post New]by Crafty66 on Oct 23, 14 10:04 AM
I don't have any problems running the game on an older HP, i7, Windows 7 PC. My problem is at the end, going from the Warrior's Throne Room up to the next room, the game quits and closes. Help?

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Oct 26, 14 6:36 AM
The problem I have is in the throne room when the throne slides to the side the arrow points for me to go through as soon as I click on it to go the game closes down and goes back to my game manager.
The guide says to take something from Sirus but he's not there.
Any Ideas

Edited on 10/26/2014 at 6:42:10 AM PST

[Post New]by emilialucinda on Oct 26, 14 11:04 AM
Using Windows 8.1. When I attempt to open the game a notification window pops up saying it is not the optimal resolution. Then a black box appears and the game is minimized. I am unable to open it. Time for another refund. These technical issues seem to be happening more often.

[Post New]by CindoxAnarchy on Oct 26, 14 11:13 AM
sherisgirl wrote:The problem I have is in the throne room when the throne slides to the side the arrow points for me to go through as soon as I click on it to go the game closes down and goes back to my game manager.
Any Ideas

I have the same problem. Did the techs give you any info?

[Post New]by medea_argos on Oct 28, 14 9:15 PM
Thanks for the tips to remove the pixelation of the game, but it still does run slow as molasses!

[Post New]by MellanD on Oct 28, 14 9:43 PM
sherisgirl wrote:The problem I have is in the throne room when the throne slides to the side the arrow points for me to go through as soon as I click on it to go the game closes down and goes back to my game manager.
Any Ideas

I was having the same issue, then by chance clicked to move on way up high (well above the throne, almost to the top of the screen). It then continued the game normally.

clhp1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by clhp1 on Oct 29, 14 7:09 AM
I had problems with error code 1400 saying I wasn't connected to the internet, yet I was. After repeated e-mails with BFG, they gave me a way to install the older version. Everything worked after that.

Go to: