Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey here.

[Post New]by Yaelle on Oct 5, 15 2:49 AM
Yaelle wrote:I like this game - I bought it within 20 minutes of the demo.
Nothing but good stuff to say. Its got a lot to it, which is important to me, and hopefully the game will last for a decent length of time, which I think it will.

Editing a week or two later: So I have played the game here & there and I still enjoy it. Only I was surprised to see that it ENDED far sooner than I would've expected.
I prefer all of my games to have at least several hours of play in them and this did not last me long, as far as playing from beginning to end.
Of course I could go back & tweak my scores and all that.

Still, this was very enjoyable and just.... a good game overall.

OK IT IS NOW OCTOBER OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR:
I noticed that this game is listed as the new game of the day and that its title has been updated to say "remastered" . What does that mean?
I looked. No findy the answery!
I came here to the forum & I see that all of the old posts from the original game - which was pretty fun to my recolllection - are here.

Soooo what is different now???

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Letter Quest: Remastered here.

[Post New]by simmi36 on Oct 5, 15 5:39 AM
Hi Yaelle

This seems like it is an upgrade to the old game.

There are popups now that actually stay on the screen that explain what to do. You can see the lifeline of the monsters without having to buy the upgrade and it has an endless mode (I don't think the original had that). The upgrades available in Endless mode seem to be the same as the upgrades you have in Story mode. The more you unlock in Story mode, the more you have in Endless. I totally look forward to this part of the game. I love Endless modes.

You don't have to buy it, if you have the first one. But you have to delete the old one to get this. I downloaded it and it immediately activated itself.

What angers me is, that I lost my old profiles so I have to start again. This should have been available as an upgrade or at least with the possibility to import the old profiles so we wouldn't have to start again.

I haven't played much yet, so I don't know if there are more differences yet but I hope this helps.

Simmi

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Oct 5, 15 1:37 PM
In my pre-Big Fish days, over a decade ago, this was a favorite onlie game. Going back to my roots was a blast. I'd forgotten how much fun it was.
The popup help windows stay till you X them out with this release, a real thumbs up.
Beginning levels are easy as with any game, but there are letters in the grid to challenge a pro for good scores.

Gamer_Geek
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_Geek on Oct 5, 15 2:31 PM
simmi36 wrote:Hi Yaelle

This seems like it is an upgrade to the old game.

There are popups now that actually stay on the screen that explain what to do. You can see the lifeline of the monsters without having to buy the upgrade and it has an endless mode (I don't think the original had that). The upgrades available in Endless mode seem to be the same as the upgrades you have in Story mode. The more you unlock in Story mode, the more you have in Endless. I totally look forward to this part of the game. I love Endless modes.

You don't have to buy it, if you have the first one. But you have to delete the old one to get this. I downloaded it and it immediately activated itself.

What angers me is, that I lost my old profiles so I have to start again. This should have been available as an upgrade or at least with the possibility to import the old profiles so we wouldn't have to start again.

I haven't played much yet, so I don't know if there are more differences yet but I hope this helps.

Simmi

This IS just an updated version of Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey. Nothing new to the items, story, or game play (as evident from the demo). It has a bigger library of acceptable words, which is not a reason to re-purchase the game, in my opinion. Other sites that have the original game, offered this version as a free update.

simmi36
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by simmi36 on Oct 5, 15 11:45 PM

This IS just an updated version of Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey. Nothing new to the items, story, or game play (as evident from the demo). It has a bigger library of acceptable words, which is not a reason to re-purchase the game, in my opinion. Other sites that have the original game, offered this version as a free update.

Edit: I don't know why the quote doesn't show correctly. Sorry about that.

You don't have to repurchase it. If you own the old version you can download it for free.
You just have to delete the old version and install this one. The problem is that you loose your old profiles and have to start over again. That's why I would have preferred it as an update.

I still love it as much as the first one (It is basically the same game) and think it's nice that the developer seems to have listened to the complaints about certain things. I really like the Endless Mode too where you purchase the upgrades while playing. And since I regularly played the old one I can live with the starting over. I just wished that they would have given us the possibility to import the old profiles.

Edited on 10/05/2015 at 11:47:49 PM PST

Go to: