Has DM ended?

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Has DM ended?

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 22, 14 11:29 AM
Hey Xshoshin, please will you PM me the link too? I'm a nosy b***** and want a laugh

[Post New]by gamewhisperer on Oct 22, 14 12:12 PM
re the SH...I noticed that you can buy Libra the Scales for 30 gold. So would that be a no on the SH? If so, just for this sign or will we need to buy the rest from now on?

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 22, 14 12:58 PM
_G4il_ wrote:You upload your screenshots (day and night view) to Facebook as a Reply to the contest announcement. And no...you don't have to have a unicorn! Haha!!

Oh Gail, I'm dying laughing here...at first I thought your message was for me...to upload my manor photos for the maze contest...oh, wiping eyes...and it just tickles me to think the reaction I'd get....

I owe you big time for the great laugh you've provided me!

And I DO have a unicorn...

temp_89120
Catfish
Catfish
1,631 Posts

[Post New]by temp_89120 on Oct 22, 14 1:00 PM
xshoshin wrote:
_G4il_ wrote:You upload your screenshots (day and night view) to Facebook as a Reply to the contest announcement. And no...you don't have to have a unicorn! Haha!!

Oh Gail, I'm dying laughing here...at first I thought your message was for me...to upload my manor photos for the maze contest...oh, wiping eyes...and it just tickles me to think the reaction I'd get....

I owe you big time for the great laugh you've provided me!

And I DO have a unicorn...

PM me the link too please.

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 22, 14 1:16 PM
xshoshin wrote:Oh Gail, I'm dying laughing here...at first I thought your message was for me...to upload my manor photos for the maze contest...oh, wiping eyes...and it just tickles me to think the reaction I'd get....

Haha! We'd have to start an entirely new Club for that one!!

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 22, 14 1:44 PM
Brilliant, Xshoshin, thanks
I kinda wish you would post it, but I think it might get you banned lol

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Oct 22, 14 2:05 PM
May I have the link, too, please?

I could use a good laugh.

Thanks!

Imajica83
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by Imajica83 on Oct 22, 14 2:11 PM
I must see this to please! May I have the link?

Has DM ended?

[Post New]by edogawaranpo on Oct 22, 14 4:51 PM
doofus09 wrote:No new chapters, no continued storyline, no new levels, no new achievements, no new attractions, no new walkers...

They are now recycling walkers (thanks, but I'm already maxed out on them!) and then they'll recycle christmas items next (yup have those, too!).

Sure, there's the occasional SH, a handful of new items and the latest maintenance opened up more land but there's no progression in the game. If I start a new manor, I would be playing the same game again!

Is this it for DM?

It's fair to say DM as we once knew and loved it is defunct, but I'm not ready to quit cold turkey yet. When I reach level 99 with my original manor (Memento Mori), I'm going to mothball it. I'll develop my baby manors (Un Sospiro and Tenebrae) for a bit. DM has changed to such an extent, it's almost like starting a whole new game, not just new manors. It's still beautiful, albeit a lot easier. When I can't stand the pushy FB pop-ups any longer, I'll abandon DM altogether. Plenty of other Big Fish games in the sea.

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

Has DM ended?

[Post New]by xshoshin on Oct 22, 14 5:03 PM
edogawaranpo wrote:
Plenty of other Big Fish games in the sea.

When I quit Dark Manor, I quit Big Fish as well...once I spend all my backed up game credits, it's over. This is not the only game they've mismanaged, although it is the most painful one for me. There are plenty of games out there...but no more for me.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Oct 22, 14 5:26 PM
I'm with Xshoshin.. I have 2 credits left to spend and no doubt won't get a refund if I cancel my membership, so will find something to buy then that's it for me for both BFG and DM. The final straw was the pull of my review. When an intrinsic flaw in the game cannot be discussed in a review, it's no longer a fair review This defeats the purpose of a review and the fact that we aren't getting satisfactory answers is poor service IMHO,

GoldTeefs
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by GoldTeefs on Oct 22, 14 5:36 PM
This latest wave of posting discontent has lured me out of lurkdom.

I took a sabbatical of a couple of months, only to return to scenes that were not recognizable as DM art.

I will not expound on my further disappointment over the changes, but suffice it to say I spend most of my time on DM spinning, gifting, and decorating. I no longer get rewards for leveling up (WTF with that?) I hate neighbor blitzes because the scenes are so ridiculously made-over, and it takes forever to cook my purchased land. Also Scavenger Hunts are not to be assumed, nor are new chapters. So where is the incentive to play for an older player like me?

If developers actually read these forums, please consider your long-time players. We want new quests, new attractions, new enigmas, new chapters, new walkers.......

Thing is, many of we older players actually spend real money on our manors. When you forget about us, we feel disenfranchised and no longer choose to spend our time or money on Dark Manor. Please think about us.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 22, 14 5:55 PM
During the past year I only kept my BFG subscription to get discounts on DM gold and I have accumulated 11 credits. I now plan to cancel my subscription before the next installment, which is in a few days. If anyone can recommend games I can use my credits for, please post here (maybe others will be interested, too, judging from the posts above) or send me a PM- just the name and genre, no description needed. Any genre will do (even card games) but I prefer HO,Time Management, or Word games. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

LifeforceOne
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by LifeforceOne on Oct 23, 14 6:30 AM
Hey gang! If DM hasn't ended, my patience with it sure as #€££ has. I took a brief sabbatical from the game and the forums and feel much better about the mess in its entirety. I decided to simply leave my brain securely at the door and take the dumbing down of the game, the glitches, and the lack of new content with a grain of salt if not the entire salt shaker. I still enjoy the forum, my Friends of Dark Manor, and what's left of the game. It's good to be back...

LFO@7LFB

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on Oct 23, 14 7:36 AM
Welcome back, LifeForce! You've been missed.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Oct 23, 14 9:44 AM
If unexplained things start to happen, it just may signal the end of life as we know it. Brace yourselves..........I got a jackpot on my free spin today.......That is just the third one I have gotten on Rock Bottom Road and I have been spinning 20-30 minutes every day since I hit level 16. I am at level 52 now. At this rate I will not live to see 5 jackpots much less the 50 they ask to get the second skull.
When that jackpot came up I let out a whoop....hubby came running into see if I was OK. He just shook his head when I explained what had happened. He said I need to get out more.

lcjdqs
Clownfish
Clownfish
691 Posts

[Post New]by lcjdqs on Oct 23, 14 9:55 AM
LOL Sounds like my grandson to me. I have tried so much in one manor, 3000 to 4000 a day for a few weeks, got one.

Go to: