Re:New Update 10-23-14

[Post New]by Steve_Quickenden on Oct 24, 14 1:00 AM
Updated game on my laptop just now. Now tells me a new update is available on start up. Did an unistall / reinstall same result. Disappointed

[Post New]by donnad123 on Oct 24, 14 1:11 AM
Great! Ive just updated new version and it wont open at all now, just get error message Help??

[Post New]by disgruntled_ewok on Oct 24, 14 1:18 AM
Ok, got the update to work. Spoiler, sorta..ish. The mill won't have a mini game. I will say that the update is wonky. Mini games have new splashy intros, which I'm not thrilled about because it seems to make them load a bit unstable due to all the flash. There are some neat things, a ton of gimme quests, and some refreshing here there quests.

[Post New]by lioness58 on Oct 24, 14 1:28 AM
I am from The Netherlands and this update isn't working at all. cannot access the game. I've tried everything. Uninstalled the game and the gamemanager. DOnwlaoded the gamemanager and the game but it isn't working at all.So the only thing we can do is waiting untill Big Fish fixes the problems.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Oct 24, 14 2:05 AM
If they don't get a fix of the .exe file by tomorrow what will happen to our daily rewards? If a day or two gets missed does it reset back to day one?

micbas
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by micbas on Oct 24, 14 2:11 AM
siberlene wrote:If they don't get a fix of the .exe file by tomorrow what will happen to our daily rewards? If a day or two gets missed does it reset back to day one?

If that happens they od to give us at least 1000 crystals to reimburse us (if that is the right words for it in English, sorry if it isn't).

mouser9169
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by mouser9169 on Oct 24, 14 2:17 AM
micbas wrote:
siberlene wrote:If they don't get a fix of the .exe file by tomorrow what will happen to our daily rewards? If a day or two gets missed does it reset back to day one?

If that happens they od to give us at least 1000 crystals to reimburse us (if that is the right words for it in English, sorry if it isn't).

Exactly the right word

Good thing I checked here. After my last couple update experiences I learned my lesson...

As for missing a day, that's an interesting question. Depending on how they coded the checks it could be a bear to fix. Hopefully they didn't do anything foolish like using a system date at any point in the calculations. That would be exactly the sort of thing that drives people to /ragequit.

[Post New]by cavortn on Oct 24, 14 2:31 AM
This sucks! I had no choice but to download the update, and now I can't play the game anymore! I really hope they give us some extra time to finish the Gizmotek Event. I've been working hard to finish the quests (I think I'm at 19 of 28) and have spent a bunch of crystals AND coins to get more energy, so if this glitch causes me to be unable to finish, I'm NOT going to be a happy Fishy!

mibs
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mibs on Oct 24, 14 3:05 AM
Same here not happy with the update I uninstalled to see if that would help but no deal hope they fix it soon

[Post New]by Karibik on Oct 24, 14 3:11 AM
I just downloaded it and now cant get the game to work.

[Post New]by MidiansAngel on Oct 24, 14 4:06 AM
mamacass14 wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:Mamacass, so far you are the only poster who has successfully gotten into the game.

I had same issue. Once the game kicked me out. I closed out of game manager totally. I then went and opened game manager up once again and let me in with all the new quests.

I do not know if it helps but I do have a windows 8.

Mamacass14

I am in too and using windows 8... looks a bit off and post script pops up directing behind scenes tasks ie... when rewards are achieved it pops up a directive to left task bar.

There is a bit of my desktop screen showing across top bar but otherwise is functioning well... so far

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 24, 14 4:34 AM
NoFishToday wrote:CH, it should. I've done it before I think. Then again, can't swear to it...

Ugh.. finally remembered how to change the heading, I needed to edit instead of reply.. wish I would have remembered last night would have possibly saved some folks the same headache.. sorry about that.

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:New Update 10-23-14--- DO NOT DOWNLOAD

[Post New]by asenski on Oct 24, 14 5:25 AM
Hi Fishies, if you go under Program files(x86), (that's where my BF games are located) and than right click on Awaking Kingdoms it should open a window and pretty much on the bottom it asks for a previous version. Click on it and you should be able to find a date that is suitable for you to play. Mine was the 16. of this month. Click on it and the game will open for you. I hope, this made sense to all my other fishies. Happy gaming.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Oct 24, 14 5:31 AM
asenski wrote:Hi Fishies, if you go under Program files(x86), (that's where my BF games are located) and than right click on Awaking Kingdoms it should open a window and pretty much on the bottom it asks for a previous version. Click on it and you should be able to find a date that is suitable for you to play. Mine was the 16. of this month. Click on it and the game will open for you. I hope, this made sense to all my other fishies. Happy gaming.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. Do you know if this way will save your progress too?

[Post New]by squidferbrains on Oct 24, 14 5:52 AM
My error says that its the B F game manager has stopped working . So who do we report it to B F or the devs?

[Post New]by LovelyLady1988 on Oct 24, 14 5:58 AM
Man do I wish I'd read all this before My game will only open windowed currently AND (here's my favorite part) it keeps asking me if I want download the upgrade. Umm, yeah, that's what caused this mess in the first place...so I'm doubly messed up...and frustrated

asenski
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by asenski on Oct 24, 14 6:24 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
asenski wrote:Hi Fishies, if you go under Program files(x86), (that's where my BF games are located) and than right click on Awaking Kingdoms it should open a window and pretty much on the bottom it asks for a previous version. Click on it and you should be able to find a date that is suitable for you to play. Mine was the 16. of this month. Click on it and the game will open for you. I hope, this made sense to all my other fishies. Happy gaming.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try. Do you know if this way will save your progress too?

Since I can play only under the previous version, yes it does save the progress.

[Post New]by ctpowder on Oct 24, 14 6:24 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:

Thanx, it worked for me... and all the progress was still there for me...

jill22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jill22 on Oct 24, 14 6:29 AM
Same here -- just did the download excited to see new challenges -- now I can't get in same error message you all have had. Does this mean that we will lose our daily progress and be sent back to day 1 and lose all of our progress in getting the daily $$'s. Please fix this ASAP......

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Oct 24, 14 9:25 AM
Just did update, got start message, proceeded, worked fine. Did some HO scenes to further existing quests, found 3 new quests.
1) Now repairing watermill in Landsong Village.
2) Hide and Seek with Quinn in 3 locations.
3) Cecil wants you to help her restore the waterr in the Dreamless Pond.

Edited on 10/24/2014 at 9:28:56 AM PST

Go to: