didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Black Rose Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by didersham on Oct 25, 14 3:29 PM
Did anyone have a problem with the custom cursor lagging a bit?

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Black Rose Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tictacsix on Oct 25, 14 5:40 PM
After much research I found out that the 1404 error is a game manager app error where the Big Fish game manager is unable to retrieve the security certificate for the game from the big fish server.
A rolled back version of the game manager is what's called for to solve the problem, So...until customer service comes to the rescue, I tried to download the game not as already purchased but used the "play now" feature. It downloaded (YEAH) and when I hit the buy now button it recognized that it had already been bought and so it proceeded to download the game to the end. (double YEAH).
Now to see if it will actually play!!
Hope this helps anyone in the future, because let me tell you, this was one pain in the .....

[Post New]by bubbles10013 on Oct 25, 14 9:37 PM
I have an issue at the gate with the bug on it. There are several puzzles to get through to open the gate. On the puzzle where you have to line up the veins on each side to the heart, my puzzle pieces are offset and not aligning properly. I guess this is a bug. I am playing the demo. I haven't bought the game yet. I know my pieces are correct but the only way I think I can get through is to skip the puzzle and I don't want to do that.

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Oct 25, 14 11:13 PM
No problem playing for first 68 minutes. Got in and out a few times. 22 minutes left in trial and then said my profile was corrupted and had to start from beginning! I did nothing on my computer during that time but play game. No buy for me.

[Post New]by sinjin on Oct 26, 14 11:57 AM
Was able to purchase, download and play for almost an hour. After I logged off and came back, it said my profile was corrupted and is making me start all over again.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Oct 26, 14 7:49 PM
I think I'm in Rose's house, the screen is black, I can see my pointer but it only is visible for a small space, if I click in there I get an error and the game shuts down.
Is there anyway to get through this? Nothing is visible, no help or hit, that whole this is also blacked out so can't even reach the guide to see what is supposed to be done, just shuts down. I need some help with it.

txrose3
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,035 Posts

[Post New]by txrose3 on Oct 27, 14 9:50 PM
I've had the same issue as a few others. I was about halfway through the game. Left/saved. When I returned to play this time, it said my saved profile was corrupted and I need to start over. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!

userfree
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by userfree on Oct 29, 14 11:37 AM
Every so often, the game would crash. I was able to click on the tab on the bottom and the game would come back up with a "Paused" sign in front. I thoroughly enjoyed playing, but am skeptical about buying if this is a bug. Anyone else experiencing this? All the best from New York City.

[Post New]by Scragg1947 on Oct 29, 14 7:01 PM
I am stuck in a section of the game, where the vampire got stabbed with a silver knife, I made the potion and gave it to him, that's it can't do anything else now .. even my items list won't show up . I can move to boat house and that's it....I have uninstalled and reinstalled made no difference...doesn't show an error code up, and he is standing there like he is still waiting for potion.......running windows 8.1

thanks if anyone can help

[Post New]by RareRabbitt on Oct 31, 14 3:29 PM
In chapter 1 I am at the HOP where objects are on a table. I have to get rid of spider webs (which there are none) and break a glass object in order to get to 3 items. I have the hammer and feather duster and tried them all over the place but can't get past the HOP. What's up

[Post New]by Melissabar on Nov 7, 14 6:34 AM
Windows 8.1 - I downloaded and installed without a problem. Got to the options screen, turned the music volume down, and the game locked up.
I got back to the desktop - tried again - and didn't even get to the main menu - it locked again. Had to end task it.

Any ideas?
Melissa Bar

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Dec 3, 14 6:33 AM
RareRabbitt wrote:In chapter 1 I am at the HOP where objects are on a table. I have to get rid of spider webs (which there are none) and break a glass object in order to get to 3 items. I have the hammer and feather duster and tried them all over the place but can't get past the HOP. What's up

use the feather duster on the first three words next to the feather duster .. then use the hammer on the words next to it.
I tried to use the cane to take the bat emblem off the casket but I cannot do it even though it says so in the guide. need help ??

Go to: