hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Cursed Island: Mask of Baragus here!

[Post New]by hollyodie on Nov 11, 14 11:55 AM
When I exited the game and returned later, I had lost all my progress. Before I exited, I had completed the tent, airplane site, got fire and gotten rid of the critter at the bridge. It "restarted" me just as I first entered the abandoned camp site.

OldLady50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by OldLady50 on Nov 11, 14 6:01 PM
Had problems with the newspaper on the dock (as did many of the other people posting problems) Then near the end (very frustrating!) the HOS at the edge of the ravine does not show a list of objects, I used hint to find all fifteen, then nothing. Just nothing. If I exit the scene, the screen goes black and that's all folks! Had to hard boot to get back in, then reloaded game, still have the same problem. Very glad I used a free game credit on this, and didn't pay cash for it!

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Nov 11, 14 9:14 PM
Running on windows 7. Got to the jungle and all my inventory disappeared. Had to quit.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 13, 14 2:41 AM
At least a, "we told the developer and are waiting to see what they say," would be helpful here guys!

I agree on that!

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Nov 14, 14 1:52 AM
Reinstalled twice, still runs lousy. Lost all progress twice, hint works sporadically, crashed, refuses to change profile name unless I leave the game and re-enter, and so forth.
Running windows 8.1.
It looks like a game I'd really enjoy but I won't take a chance unless there's an update for the problems.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Nov 15, 14 2:39 PM
Windows 8.1 on a new Dell desktop.

Part way in the game screen froze and went dark gray. I uninstalled and reinstalled, now it won't start at all.

This is my second major game glitch in a week, the last one was 13 Keys. What's happened to quality control, guys?

dee127
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by dee127 on Nov 16, 14 2:58 PM
peeshee_1951 wrote:Good morning Got to the Cursed Island , read the newspaper, went to gate, came back with handle to get blade and newspaper pops up on screen. Can't go forward or backwards. Just stuck with a newspaper. Had to exit. Windows 7.

I have same issue while playing trial. Something is wrong with this game. I won't play it until it is fixed.
Sorry

[Post New]by amrogers65 on Nov 17, 14 10:13 AM
I just want to know if this problem that we are all having will soon be fixed? If not soon I would like to receive a refund on my game. I am having the same problem that everyone else is having. I love the game, so far, but it is frustrating when a game does not work correctly. I understand that some games will have issues, but it would be nice to be acknowledged that you are at least working on the problem. Thanks

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 18, 14 9:04 AM
Hey there,

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game

Please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to troubleshoot with you, as well as forward information from that troubleshooting to the devs for investigation.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

EnyaMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by EnyaMom on Nov 21, 14 6:25 PM
I am having the same problem as many of the other people posting here. I got to the island, read the newspaper, went to the electrified gate and have the newspaper blocking the screen when I go back to the dock. Cannot do anything. I am running Windows 7 Professional. I agree with the other fishies here that this game is a "No Buy" for me unless the problem with the newspaper not closing off the screen issue can be resolved.

mimi2499
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by mimi2499 on Nov 23, 14 1:18 PM
The hint button has stopped working at the jungle scene. I noticed that someone else posted this problem a few weeks ago.

[Post New]by semahaha3 on Nov 24, 14 6:00 PM
My problem is with the bone plate. the game won't let me put the plate on the bracelet, & the hint stopped working as well.

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Dec 8, 14 12:46 PM
I got further along in the game before I started having trouble...all the way past the lit candles and the junk pile lost its words, then wouldn't give me the item I needed and froze on me with a black screen but with music. Had to turn off my computer to exit it. I use Windows XP Professional.

I was looking for a walkthrough on YouTube and they only showed the first 13 minutes of the game.....now we know why.....it doesn't work.

I really like this game too. What a disappointment.

BF....you can shove your Dr. Felix somewhere....the problem isn't with our computers...it's with the devs.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Jan 14, 15 9:36 PM
I am at the cannon. When I go to the left, there is a game in the middle of the floor. While playing it, it stopped and froze up. I am able to leave this, but I can't proceed in the game until I complete the until the game in the floor is completed.
I did buy this game and hope I have not wasted my money.
Please help.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 15, 15 1:21 PM
Hey jramme

I'm really sorry to see the game is freezing at that point! With a freeze, I would first recommend checking out the help article below for steps that can help with this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, please contact our Tech Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

LadySorcha
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by LadySorcha on Jan 26, 15 10:50 AM
Hint button stopped working. Luckily , I was almost finished the demo but it was difficult to know what to do . Windows 7

[Post New]by amrogers65 on Feb 12, 15 9:15 AM
I need to know if I can get a refund for this game? This game has all kinds of problems. It is not with our computers. I really like this game and wish it would work right, but I am tired of always having to exit out and back in and hope the problem is fixed and it isn't. Again the problem is with the game. I have posted in several areas hoping for an answer, with no avail.
Thanks

Go to: