Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by SubaruFrog on Nov 14, 14 10:12 PM
swedane wrote:

To SubaruFrog!
Wondering if your problem is due to the old OS ?
There has been 4 releases since v10.6 (Snow Leopard) came out!

Both Mavericks & Yosemite are free!

Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard - 2009)
Mac OS X v10.7 (Lion - 2011)
OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion - 2012)
OS X v10.9 (Mavericks - 2013)
OS X v10.10 (Yosemite - 2014)
-------------
Have had no gaming problem on my iMac 2011, running OS X v10.10 - Yosemite.

I thought about that, but I'm not ready to upgrade yet. Plus I'm seeing too many other fishies with the same problem running the newer os.
I'm going to try running the pc demo on my windows VM and see what happens.

muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here!

[Post New]by muonquark on Nov 15, 14 6:26 AM
fangmcgee wrote:I have the problem of the screen dimming and then not being able to click on anything when I'm in the bonus game. Specifically, the skeleton with the shield in the Water Gate. I'm using Mac OS X Yosemite. Any suggestions? I can't proceed otherwise.

Exact same issue except I am running Mavericks. Has anyone discovered a fix? Unable to continue game at this time.
Thanks.

Edited on 11/15/2014 at 7:22:34 AM PST

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Nov 15, 14 6:28 AM
I almost finished the game and the green flower on the right will not push down! Any suggestions?

[Post New]by ElliesMom07 on Nov 15, 14 8:05 AM
ammlloyd wrote:Game won't install. When you select "install now" it opens the game manager but there is nothing there.

On a PC running Windows 8.

I've got the same problem, but on Windows 7. Contacted support but still no solution... I really want to play it!! And since attempting this one I have successfully downloaded a different game, so I don't think it's my set up!

[Post New]by rdefassi on Nov 15, 14 9:56 AM
I am having similar issues as other MAC users in the Bonus play- with the skeleton shield- I click it the screen darkens like I will have a pop out scene, but nothing comes. I can get out of the view by clicking the map, but I can't move further in the game till I get whatever is with the skeleton!

Everything was running so spectacularly for me till then

[Post New]by kazooie2628 on Nov 15, 14 1:12 PM
Okay, I promised I'd return after the system update (by the way, I already hate Yosemite because it takes way longer to start up and shut down my computer, but that's a whole nother story). Still having the same problem in the same room with the same stupid statue. So it's not based on what system you're running. For those of you who are completely stuck (as in you can't leave the screen), click the map in the corner (not sure if it's the same for the bonus game or not). You can teleport to a different room and the game will return to normal. That way you can exit the game normally instead of having to shut everything down. It's not much, I know, but it's better than nothing. Still, it's impossible to advance the story until this glitch or whatever gets fixed. I sent a report in to BigFishGames, but I'm honestly surprised. If this were a minor cosmetic or collectible glitch, I would be content with waiting for an update or something...but this glitch makes it impossible to advance the storyline at all. You can't get an inventory item. You end up stuck on a single screen. Who was in charge of debugging this game? They need to do a better job of QA.

[Post New]by adrianne52 on Nov 15, 14 3:05 PM
I'm having the same screen dimming in Princess Daphne's room. I have had a similar problem with two other eipix games. My computer is running OSX10.95.
Sad for me because I love eipix games.

manon1165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by manon1165 on Nov 15, 14 6:33 PM
bonggamer wrote:
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

I am running Yosemite and the same thing is happening to me! The demo version worked well and I bought the game - now I cant move beyond because the screen freezes on this scene. Weird. Any help most welcome.

Me too. *Sigh* Stuck in Princess Daphne's Room every time I zoom in on the statue. Running Yosemite (10.10) on an iMac 2.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

[Post New]by debopaints on Nov 15, 14 8:10 PM
kazooie2628 wrote:Weird stuff happening in Princess Daphne's Room. When I click the statue in the center, the screen goes kind of dim, like when you're looking at an inventory item, but nothing shows up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I checked the guide and it says that there's supposed to be like a close-up in the frame. I just got the game and I've enjoyed it so far, but this thing is keeping me from getting an item I need to complete the game. If it were a bonus or something, I'd be content to wait it out.
I'm gonna try and do a system update (I'm not running Yosemite yet) and see if that helps. If not, then I'll be back to update this post.

This happens to me in the bonus chapter when I try to click on the skeleton with the shield in the cave. Screen goes dim and doesn't let me do anything else. I'm using Mac OS 10.6.8

[Post New]by netwyrm on Nov 16, 14 4:43 AM
Just ran into a nasty bug after rescuing princess Althea from the piranhas. She activates the conversation window, but the conversation is empty and when I hit continue she just stands there. The little island she was on still activates the splash as if the piranhas were still there and she hasn't given me the item I need to move on. Closing the game and reloading doesn't help. I'm running Windows 8.1.

[Post New]by DarleenRae on Nov 16, 14 10:12 AM
Add me to the list. Game crashes on loading at about 37%.

iMac, barely a year old, running 10.10.

[Post New]by jefflowrey on Nov 16, 14 10:26 AM
Yes, I'm totally blocked at the statue, too. Mac. Yosemite.

If I'd taken another five minutes to check that this was an Elpix game, I'd have not bought it.

They are having significant quality control issues with their Mac games, and apparently their games overall.

BigFish - you should REFUND MONEY, not give away coupons for new games.

You should TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for bugs with the games you sell and WORK WITH THE STUDIO to address issues PROMPTLY and PUBLICLY.

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 10:26:58 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Nov 16, 14 3:47 PM
Hey there,

I'm sorry to see these issues are coming up with the game! Please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and our Reps will be more than happy to work with you. They can also forward information to the devs so the issues coming up with Yosemite can be investigated.

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Eyereen on Nov 16, 14 8:06 PM
I'm having the same problem as fangmcgee and others. Can't continue the bonus game because as soon as I'm in the cave, it dims and I can't click on anything. Backing out and re-entering works to place the octopus and squid on the wall yet I can't go anywhere near the skeleton yet alone take the shield as required to continue the game. This glitch should be repaired fast! No fun lately with the games all have glitches and technical issues, I'm so fed up with paying for non-functional games, receiving vouchers that go lost on new non-functional games... Sad, really sad!

[Post New]by christann1 on Nov 17, 14 7:56 AM
Had no problems installing, even got through the demo. Purchased the game, and installed it. Can't get back into game. I click play game and then get thrown to Game Manager "play again" screen. The game won't load. I have uninstalled this game and reinstalled it twice. Does anyone check these games out before we purchase them????
I have windows 7, and have had problems like this with games in the past.
I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager app.

Would like to finish this game. Any advice??

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Nov 17, 14 11:34 AM
Eyereen wrote:I'm having the same problem as fangmcgee and others. Can't continue the bonus game because as soon as I'm in the cave, it dims and I can't click on anything. Backing out and re-entering works to place the octopus and squid on the wall yet I can't go anywhere near the skeleton yet alone take the shield as required to continue the game. This glitch should be repaired fast! No fun lately with the games all have glitches and technical issues, I'm so fed up with paying for non-functional games, receiving vouchers that go lost on new non-functional games... Sad, really sad!

Add me to the list. iMac, Yosemite.

Sadly, this is a recurring problem in many Eipix games with the close-ups.
I'm wondering why a long existing basic error cannot be fixed.
This time it helped to move the game to the applications folder (from a different one I normally use).
I can only hope that nothing else got lost in the process (as it often does), especially inventory items, because then I'd have to play the whole game from the beginning again.

Eyereen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Eyereen on Nov 17, 14 12:16 PM

Sadly, this is a recurring problem in many Eipix games with the close-ups.
I'm wondering why a long existing basic error cannot be fixed.
This time it helped to move the game to the applications folder (from a different one I normally use).
I can only hope that nothing else got lost in the process (as it often does), especially inventory items, because then I'd have to play the whole game from the beginning again.

Thanks a lot daggy_k, that helped! I just shoved it out of the games folder and voila nothing dimmed and I was able to click on the shield. Let's see, maybe now I'll be able to complete the bonus game....

Edited on 11/17/2014 at 12:20:44 PM PST

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide here

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Nov 17, 14 12:36 PM
manon1165 wrote:
bonggamer wrote:

I am running Yosemite and the same thing is happening to me! The demo version worked well and I bought the game - now I cant move beyond because the screen freezes on this scene. Weird. Any help most welcome.

Me too. *Sigh* Stuck in Princess Daphne's Room every time I zoom in on the statue. Running Yosemite (10.10) on an iMac 2.7 GHz, 8 GB RAM.

I am also having this same issue, which means I can't progress in the game. I am NOT running Yosemite, as I've heard too many bad reviews of the OS, so did not want to install and then uninstall. I am currently running Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 with a 3.4 GHz processor, Intel Core i7, 16 GB memory and 1333MHz DDR3. I have all the other Dark Parable games before this, and never had a problem with any of them. I have been having issues with some of the other gaming companies, but this is the first I think I've had with Eipix. However, I'm getting very frustrated with almost every other game (it seems like) that I purchase not working properly even though the demo game seems to work fine. Big Fish, you need to start beta testing for Mac games as well as for your PC games. Maybe we wouldn't be having these issues. And for heaven's sake, FIX THIS!

Edited on 11/17/2014 at 12:40:31 PM PST

[Post New]by draegonflye on Nov 17, 14 6:10 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, and I am running Yosemite. Completely stuck until I can get that item...

[Post New]by hisjewel2 on Nov 18, 14 12:25 AM
I'm in Princess Daphne's room and can't water the flower or put down the small vial so I'm unable to go forward in the game, help! Look's like Daphne's room is cursed for both Mac and PC users, wow... seems like the games are coming out with more and more issues lately. It's frustrating when you're trying to limit data usage as I am.

Edited on 11/19/2014 at 6:59:35 PM PST

Go to: