aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 1, 14 12:56 AM
Thank you fabulaparva,

You and a few others know what I mean, If only the BFG mod's would consider your great idea, you are right about the first page as it is sticked with to much info you don't know where to go???

I also understand people posting a new thread when it should be in the Tech thread as they think it will be lost on the last page of that thread, annoying but understandable,

People seem to read a post and re-post straight away without considering the content of the post and the reply is often about them and not helpful to the original poster at all....... IF ONLY the forum users would take time to read and post if necessary, I find it enjoyable to read but to see a post that is the same as a post three thread away grinds my gears..........

FrankieKY
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieKY on Dec 1, 14 6:11 AM
fabulaparva wrote:Old truths about forum posting: If it's not on the first page, it doesn't exist anymore.

Imagine the first page of this forum only having the following stickied threads:

-Welcome to the MC Forum & Midnight Castle FAQ (Short answers to the most common questions, Read the first message before posting!)
-Helpful Links for MC (Yes, put it up there so everyone can see it more easily)
-Glitches/Bugs in MC (Known glitches in the first post... then the technical issues posted by players)
-MC Maintenance Notifications (The title would show if there was maintenance going on or completed, all platforms)
-MC Updates (yes, I'm heretic enough to think that all updates could be in one thread)

5 instead of 14.

Yes, I completely agree. I'd also add as a stickied thread Friends wanted? And include all four (?) types each as it's own thread under this stickied thread.

The forum is so jumbled now with repeated threads that I often just close it rather than try to wade through. It's like someone opened the basement door and just threw everything in. It's a big pile of junk, completely un organized and ineffective. Also, why do we need some of those old announcements that are stickied??? They are ancient history.

assiegirl1, thanks for bringing this topic up. Hope the mods will listen and fix it as it negatively impacts everyone.

Frankie

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 1, 14 6:22 AM
fabulaparva wrote:Old truths about forum posting: If it's not on the first page, it doesn't exist anymore.

Imagine the first page of this forum only having the following stickied threads:

-Welcome to the MC Forum & Midnight Castle FAQ (Short answers to the most common questions, Read the first message before posting!)
-Helpful Links for MC (Yes, put it up there so everyone can see it more easily)
-Glitches/Bugs in MC (Known glitches in the first post... then the technical issues posted by players)
-MC Maintenance Notifications (The title would show if there was maintenance going on or completed, all platforms)
-MC Updates (yes, I'm heretic enough to think that all updates could be in one thread)

5 instead of 14.

Yes, this would be GREAT

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 6:23:19 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 1, 14 3:26 PM
Hey Everyone

Thanks for the suggestions for cleaning up the front page! I've gone ahead and taken note of this thread so the Mods can discuss this the next time the whole team is in the office.

We definitely understand wanting a clean front page, and your feedback will be taken into consideration

bfgVaiya

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS (Important News For The Forum)

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 1, 14 3:37 PM
Yes Yes Yes ,

We did it, thanks to all that have posted here, finally this thread was noticed and we will have a better MC forum, Clean, Clear and Precise,

Thank you to those that have helped me especially "fabulaparva" who can up with the threads that are needed,

now I will have a rest as this thread will not have to added to unless someone has a idea to add

Thanks again for all your support
AG1

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 9:32:32 PM PST

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

Re:REPEATED THREADS ( Important News For The forum)

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 1, 14 9:33 PM

Edited on 12/01/2014 at 11:03:49 PM PST

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 2, 14 12:26 AM
Thanks SO much bfgVaiya

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 2, 14 3:08 AM
Thank you so much for letting us know, BfgVaiya. I'm looking forward to seeing what will happen!

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 2, 14 11:10 AM
Is there a dedicated thread for HOS frustrations? There are a lot of comments about the HOS, like in the suggestions for devs, but let's face it, it's unlikely they're going to change anything about them. It would be nice to have a dedicated thread to just rant and rave and trade stories.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 2, 14 8:07 PM
ReallyHelpless,

As you can see the forum is a mess with multiple threads on just about everything but the top 3 are:-

1. Unique Stamps ( they come when they come)
2. Tournaments ( also come when they come)
3. Help I'm stuck, what do I do? ( go to " helpful links for Midnight Castle")

your question on frustration about the HOS is one that needs to be defined as what exactly are you frustrated about??
Or are you just frustrated in general? doing the same scenes over and over??

hopefully this will all get sorted out and threads dedicated to certain topic will be clear and precise, and the thread we need most of all will be the VENTING PAGE

Thanks to BfgVaiya and all the mod's, I hope the this will become a better place to get answers, as my mum says " It is a good start" ( she is a Teacher)

Edited on 12/02/2014 at 8:07:54 PM PST

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Dec 3, 14 5:33 PM
Hi Aussiegirl,

The idea for a venting page is a good one. There are certainly some major rants out there, and reading them has actually kept me from posting some of my own more minor ones. But HOS frustrations are a special breed, ranging from major hair pullers when you need eight items each from two HOS for one quest, to the irritating repeated draws of useless items during run throughs.

For one long spell, I had the Winter/Summer Garden giving me a dozen Love Symbols, plus smatterings of Bloody Eye Rings and Celestial Pendants, but not one single Live Potion. Now I've got Horseman's Seals coming out my ears. Also a straight run of Loner's Charms from the Grand Altar, and not one Sectary Sign, which is the only useful one so far. What are the odds? Seems like they're never in our favor.

It would be interesting to know if others are having the same run of bad luck. We could trade stories, commiserate, get and give moral support. Maybe hatch a few ideas for the devs.

Well, thanks for listening.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 3, 14 5:59 PM
Hi ReallyHelpless,

I have the same frustration with some items dropping more than the one's I need but I have 37 HOS open and 5 new ZZ that need some of the old items from the castle and those that I have a hundred of are now required 1 or 2 for a ZZ so hang on to all your inventory you will need them,

You see this is what I mean, if we had dedicated pages to a topic you could go there and you will get the answers you need, especially the "Strategy Guide" as this will solve the never ending (repeated) questions that have taken up 200+ pages in this forum, and a Social page and a Venting page,

The problem with the suggestion to the Dev's is I think BFG has to send it to somewhere in the Ukraine I think??? and they try their best but some of it maybe lost in translation, LOL well at least I think they have fixed the tournaments glitches,

If we are so unhappy there would be no one playing???

So we will just have to live with the game as is until the fixes come, what is life without a few glitches.

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 6:10:43 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 4, 14 2:37 PM
Hey there

After discussing the situation with the front page threads with the rest of the Moderator Team, it’s been decided we’re unable to consolidate these threads any further.

Since there are three separate platforms for the game, each platform requires its own Tech Thread and Update Thread. To minimize confusion, these threads must be separated by platform. This way, we can ensure anyone looking for the latest update from their version of the game can find it easily, and that those looking for technical help can get tips from other players on the same platform.

For the same reason, maintenance threads must also be kept separated and clear at the top of the page so that players can see when their version of the game will be down. As the tournaments are still fairly new, and as we work to get them scheduled more regularly, the Tournament FAQ will remain on the front page for those seeking more information. As the tournaments become more regular and familiar, this thread will be moved into the Helpful Links.

We did, however, decide to remove the The Android version of Midnight Castle is Here! and The iOS version of Midnight Castle is here! threads from the front page to make as much room as possible for new threads.

I hope this information helps to explain why certain threads will remain on the front page, but if there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of the Mods.

bfgVaiya

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 4, 14 2:49 PM
At least that's left a couple of spots free for posts

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 4, 14 3:46 PM
As I have no technical ability, computers confuse the hell out of me but if someone comes to the forum and try's to post a new thread on a subject lets say "stamps" and the computer can then say "this subject is already being discussed" and it will take you to the thread in question, same with "tournaments" if there is a thread that is active the computer could take you there,

I have a simple mind when computers are involved but I think that is a good idea and I know that a code for this can be written, just to clear up the threads as I find that to read what people are saying you have to visit all the threads,

Just an idea? Can it be done?

[Post New]by fabulaparva on Dec 5, 14 3:47 AM
Thank you for letting us know, bfgVaiya Every little bit of clutter that can be removed helps.

The following is based on what I observed/saw last night. I'm not having a go at anyone, I just think it illustrates some of the issues that happen with multiple threads and notifications not being seen on the forum. Please permit me:

Last night's update did make it pointedly clear, that no matter there was a notification "IN PROGRESS - Maintenance" written with caps on top of the forums, the forum was still flooded with multiple threads asking after the update. The game demanded an update, it wasn't available yet, so somehow, instead of actually noticing the message/title on top of the forum, players posted questions. So, obviously, the notifications are not noticeable enough or players have 0 reason to think there would be an explanation for such a thing on the forum already (because the game doesn't tell us to wait, it only tells us to update now) or we have 0 patience to look for one before posting.

When it comes to multiple threads, the following happened: After the update was finally available, players started asking about the missing promised content, which is, of course, totally to be expected. A member of the helpful mods team actually posted info on this on one of the threads and then later on the new updates-sticky, but since there were already so many threads people were posting in the answer didn't show up to all and , the questions and frustration just continued in the threads the info was *not* directly posted in.... even though it had been answered elsewhere

I do not know how to make the maintenance notifications any more visible. A different colour background? But it would save a lot of trouble and player frustration if they were presented so that "they can't be missed". Because now, despite the CAPS, they still get lost in the clutter.

Having some past experience in scripting, I know that what Aussiegirl suggested could be done in theory. However, the forum software might not support it so that it could be easily installed and kept updated. Plus, if only MC and a couple of other forums are having the problem of multiple threads and clutter while 100s of other BF-forums are not, then custom-making such a function to just prevent multiple-threads probably would not be prioritized. Just speculating at this point, though.

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Dec 5, 14 4:25 AM
You make some excellent points there, fab

I knew there was the Maintenance thread but every time I wanted to check it, it really didn't stand out and it took me a while to see the "In progress". It's because the stickied threads are in no sort of order. Thus your original idea of having them inside one thread like the Helpful Links are still seems a good one to me.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 5, 14 8:28 PM
This is a ongoing problem and as the BFG forum is getting sooooo cluttered I am not bothering to post as I once did, I will pick and choose when and where and if I post,

But as you have said fabulaparva it can be done, so if BFG takes the time and money to get someone to write the code and then install it onto the forum/s this would be of the greatest help for all,

and we won't have to bother the Mod's as much and they won't have to post on multiple threads about say " Maintenance"

You have to remember a lot of forum users are in sooooo much of a rush (don't know where) that they need/ want a reply right now, now ,now and won't look of the thread at the top of the page,

I will donate my $5.99 a month to get this done, multiply this by 1000 or more (MC players) and it can be started, what do you think????

mrs23
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by mrs23 on Dec 5, 14 8:48 PM
Another suggestion for cleaning up this place is to go back and delete some of your comments. Did you trade an egg 5 months ago and transaction completed? Were you looking for one 3 months ago and got it? Did you start a new discussion with no replies or very few of them? Go back and delete it. Getting rid of old comments or discussions will reduce the number of pages and help clear things up. If everyone went back and deleted what no longer applies, this would be a big help. Get rid of that old "tournament today" that happened a month ago, etc. Every little bit helps.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Dec 5, 14 9:35 PM
Hi mrs23,

If only it was that simple,

You can go back and delete your old posts but the thread will still be there ! as all the posters on that thread will have to delete their posts then the thread can disappear, but unfortunately as you have seen that people will post in a hurry and will not have the time to delete all their old stuff,

You have a valid point but you can't make someone delete the old posting, and as I have said before the simple way to find the topic you are looking for is:-

Search All Forums, type in Midnight Castle and the topic you want, you will then be taken to the latest thread, SIMPLE,

Only BFG can delete the old threads unfortunately, so we are left with this mess,

Thank you for your support and if we keep this thread going maybe something further will be done, BFG have cleaned up the top of the front page but there is much more that can be done,

Good idea but to get 1000's of people to delete won't work, and the people that are the worst are the new posters, (like kids in a candy shop) and they want to be heard, it is unfortunate but forum etiquette is not there strong suit,

Go to: