Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

Re:Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Apr 16, 09 3:26 PM
I also love this game. My god the graphics are sooo rich, detailed and sumptuous I love games like this and real animation in each scene I also love the way the music changes and as you repair things they make different sounds. I love this type of HO and the puzzles are brilliant with a skip button if they are too difficult or like me you have been working all day and just want to switch off lol. Also it has no timer which is a big thumbs up from me and the hint recharges almost immediately. What a brilliant game, gets a big thumbs up from me

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Apr 16, 09 6:37 PM
Regarding access violations and/or the game not starting up: I discovered that if I turn off my "Internet" key before starting a game, they work fine, no access violation messages, etc.; You can also turn off 'antivirus' in your security program. This key is on my laptop (don't remember seeing one on my desktop) but then again, that is the keyboard that came with the computer.
Love this game so far; got to go buy it now.

[Post New]by IrishSoul on Apr 18, 09 7:39 AM
I keep trying to put the empty jar on the woodstove (only item left) and it says that is wrong. I'm I missing something? Is the jar suppose to be full? It won't let me go any farther until I figure this out. Thank you.

[Post New]by dfonlady on Apr 18, 09 10:32 AM
I am also having trouble with the glass jar in level 9. I made it through the first time but not the second (with same sign in name) or the 3rd time with a new name. Any help???

Neesh72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Neesh72 on Apr 18, 09 2:25 PM
I absolutely loved this game! In my opinion, this is what Hidden Object game should be like....so many different things to do and the graphics were amazing! I can't wait for the sequel, but in the meantime I'm going to play it again!

PinguC
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PinguC on Apr 18, 09 5:01 PM
It really looks fun, however, I am still on the 1st screen (after 10 minutes), looking for the button to hold the hands of the clock on the grandfather clock. I hit the Hint button, and it says all the items are hidden, use the time machine to go to another location and come back when I find the piece. I CAN'T open the time machine - - black screen, green light - - red light, I've tried clicking everywhere on the time machine to no avail. Anyody? Please . . .

CathWren
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by CathWren on Apr 19, 09 11:12 PM
Oh, I liked this one! A little too much as I didn't shut down until after 4am! Thanks a bunch BFG for costing me my beauty sleep! Oh who cares about being gorgeous? Baggy eyes are worth it to play a fun game for hours!

Nice graphics, interesting music and informative tidbits help make this one a winner for me. The HO puzzles were pretty hard but most of the non-HO puzzles were usually easier though the atomic one took me forever and landing DaVinci's helicopter never worked for me. I did skip that one.

So many games, so little time,
CathWren

[Post New]by Chrysagon on Apr 20, 09 8:11 AM
I have made it to very near the end. I have one item left in tools, an empty jar. The only remaining item to complete has a spot for a jar but keeps refusing the jar in the tools area. there are no other jars. Is this a glitch? Chrysagon

[Post New]by Avangi_de_foe on Apr 21, 09 2:04 AM
take your empty jar back to Confusius, you will see the answer there!

Edited on 04/21/2009 at 2:11:10 AM PST

[Post New]by NZTania on Apr 21, 09 1:54 PM
Hi i downloaded this game but i have a problem. hopefully you can help me. ok so i played the first level fine, then it came to the level where you have to pick one of the 3 artists down the bottom, the one on the left and right work fine but whenever i click the middle one to play it the game freezes and i get this error "ERROR: Access violation at 0x6903E1B2 (tried to read from 0x021F9004), program terminated" Do you have any idea what this error is and how to fix it because i really like this game.

P.S I am using VISTA

[Post New]by Charsiupao on Apr 25, 09 9:24 AM
This game looks nice - I just finished the free hour, and am seriously considering buying it. It reminds me a lot of Mortimer Beckett - I noticed the protagonist's name is also Beckett. Are they done by the same company?

culady
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by culady on Apr 25, 09 12:43 PM
Help. I'm at the end & can not pick up the dagger. No response or movement from my mouse clicks.

Edit: Went back in & it worked.

Edited on 04/25/2009 at 3:09:34 PM PST

[Post New]by pbxrose on Apr 28, 09 4:46 PM
I am having the same problem. I only have 31 minutes left. I've used most of my time trying to get the time machine to let me go to another location. I even uninstalled, then re-installed thinking something was wrong with the game. PLEASE HELP!

Edited on 04/28/2009 at 4:47:50 PM PST

[Post New]by GabbyIndy on Apr 30, 09 7:22 PM
When will the sequel come out i played it twice and love everything about the game and cant wait for more maybe they will add more to it and make it even more fun to play

jmic
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum

[Post New]by jmic on May 2, 09 9:40 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.
Where do I place the wrench?

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 9:42:11 AM PST

[Post New]by grammyvic on May 3, 09 7:01 PM
Please Help!!! I am stuck in Ben Franklins room with a pocket watch that I can't figure out where to use it... Can anyone help

Edited on 05/03/2009 at 7:02:25 PM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 4, 09 6:05 PM
It's been a while since I played, but I think the watch goes on the desktop.

[Post New]by lmatthew15 on May 9, 09 5:35 AM
Can't get the 4 color mini puzzles - painting the Mona Lisa and Amelia Earhart's plane. I understand the green, red and black responses to the color choice I make, but does the correct color combo stay the same,or does it change everytime I make a guess? This one's confusing the hell out of me, and since it seems it is going to keep popping up, I don't want toto keep skipping it.

PS. I bought the Strategy guide hoping for help - it was totally a waste of money!!!!

Edited on 05/09/2009 at 8:04:26 AM PST

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 9, 09 6:23 PM
Check the walkthrough for your answer. Read the second post on the forum for it's location.

The order of the colors remains the same until you solve it.

[Post New]by gmillerq on May 10, 09 12:00 PM
I have tried to go to the next to the last scene,and it keeps kicking me out, saying it can not find a file. I have tried it several times. What is wrong? Thank you, Georgia
OK When I finish the 8th chapter, or whatever, I click play, and I get a message:
"reading error, PGN file: incorrect data file,
Now you young computer nerds, figure this out for me. I'm about to be a great-great grandmother, and can no longer do what I use to do on the computer. How do I fix this problem? This is a great game, I love it, but sure would like to finish it. Thanks to you all, GG (Great Gramma)

Edited on 05/13/2009 at 1:38:18 PM PST

Go to: