SINKING ISLAND

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

Re:SINKING ISLAND

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Apr 11, 09 6:56 AM
Hope Edna jumps in soon then. Hickorybabe didn't seem to like it.
More info please Hickorybabe

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 11, 09 7:40 AM
Sinking Island was one I have been wanting and was so fortunate to win it in a drawing recently at Gameboomers. I haven't started it yet (along with quite a few adventure game---casual games seem to suit my fancy more right now), but Gameboomers has a walkthrough and review there. Their review gave it a "B". I belive it is a game with alot of dialog, heavy on the story. So if you want to know more about the game, you might check there.

[Post New]by cmm288 on Apr 11, 09 7:50 AM
I adore this game...Im primarily an adventurer anyways, but this game really combined a lot of the adventure game things that i liked:

You have to piece together evidence in order to move forward so it makes you feel like you are a CSI or Sherlock Holmes, it made me feel more into the game

I like the 3rd person point of view--It just brings me back to Monkey Island... ah guybrush!

Voice overs are great!

Graphics...love them...

Mystery...even better

Can't say enough about this game....its just great....totally my kind of game...disappointed that it didnt get better reviews....

if anyone has suggestions about other games similar to these (and if i havent played them... )

let me know!!!!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Apr 11, 09 8:03 AM
OMG cmm - Guybrush Threepwood, now there's a blast from the past!

Thanks for more info on Sinking Island...am still d/l bit nearly there!

Edited on 04/11/2009 at 8:04:47 AM PST

FireOpal
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by FireOpal on Apr 11, 09 11:01 AM
I'm waiting for some feedback on this too... I'm now getting addicted to the LFG but only spending my credits so it's hard to wait a month for something LOL. TOO MANY games I want.. NOW. hehe

Bobswife80
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Bobswife80 on Apr 11, 09 11:06 AM
Any one else having problems with slow moving people and the curser leaves the game , now I have big blotches of colors in the game. Let me know, going to send to tech support second game I bought and can't play.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 11, 09 12:35 PM
govegril wrote:I only just finished downloading and started playing it but strange thing it is acting like a demo. Ok so pressed play now and that was ok and when I exited it told me I had 54 minutes left to play- how bizarre!

I have had that happen on every LF I bought until Echo. I have always had to say that I already bought it and wait for the verification. I have always found that "bizarre" as LF's do not have Demos.

I did notice when this was released at midnight it had the Demo option but, it looked like an LF. Anyone able to just Demo it without buying? Haven't checked lately to see if it still has the Demo option.

didi3022
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by didi3022 on Apr 17, 09 11:35 AM
Gosh I can't even play this game. After I started it was working fine and then I had to go into the tower and up to the kitchen..but when I get upstairs my game freezes up on me. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice. I have also written to BF for some support. I hope they can help. I hate not being able to finish a game I started. I like the game except the peoples mouths don't move..that is weird. haha
But I love BFgames and I am totally addicted.
I hope they can figure out what the problem is.
Have a great weekend all,
Diane

[Post New]by Maryg801 on Apr 24, 09 4:41 PM
I am also having a problem with the game freezing and "loss of cursor control". I tried starting over with "timed" mode instead of adventure but the same thing happened. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I hate to reinstall it as it was such a big file.

bitojoy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,788 Posts

[Post New]by bitojoy on Apr 24, 09 9:25 PM
I haven't downloaded this game but was looking at GZ to see what reviews were and it got from everyone who reviewed it ...that kinda scared me sooooooo I am waiting to see what everyone *here* says

[Post New]by sussip on May 10, 09 1:38 PM
Booring. Too much talk,the same talk over and over again, but great graphic.

john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by john_murray2 on May 14, 09 3:18 PM
I have this game and its not as easy as it sounds you run around in a storm getting finger prints off people and a wheel chair i liked syberia better at least you had calm weather in the story instead of typhoon weather how many people that have played this game have gotten a finger print off Kolio not me . have you ?

Edited on 05/14/2009 at 3:19:23 PM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on May 14, 09 3:23 PM
jobynana wrote:OMG cmm - Guybrush Threepwood, now there's a blast from the past!

I want to be a pirate!
I am selling these fine leather jackets.
That's the 2nd biggest mokey head I've seen in my life.
You fight like a cow.
BEST GAME OF ALL TIME, PERIOD!

Edited on 05/14/2009 at 3:24:28 PM PST

wolfrun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun on May 17, 09 9:56 AM
It took almost 3 hrs for download of this game. Started playing on May 5, 2009 and seemed to move about OK. Don't like the fact that during speech, there are no mouth movements. The main character is slow moving but can make him run by double clicking.
Today, 5-17-09, went into the game for a full Sunday of playing and Whoa Nellie!!...when I got into the game at the dining room all the movements went into slow motion and the cursor is 'floating' and very frustrating. Did save and close the game to see if that made any correction, no luck. Did go into the Options to see if anything was amiss there, but all is ok. Inside the menu, the cursor works fine, but then when you go into the game, all is slow-mo again. Have saved and left for today. Did send BFG cust svc msg for Technical difficulty. Hope this issue can be resolved.

[Post New]by holtchas on May 17, 09 11:11 AM
This is the worst game ive played in a long time, ive already given up just keep running and talking to people with no mouths moving!!!
am i missing something?
does it all get very exciting in a minute!!!
at least Siberia was visually fantatic and much more to do.
well maybe when the walkthrough comes through ill have a look and see if this game gets any more interesting,
just annoyed ive wasted a credit on it at the moment. :-(

wolfrun
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun on May 20, 09 4:22 AM
Have received response from BF regarding slow moving play and floating cursor. In an attempt to make corrections to possibly the game card, I have opted to go with the complimentary coupon instead. Issues like this in a game early on indicate other problems arising later in the game. Don't feel this game is worth this much effort. Moving on to happier playing time with a new game.

[Post New]by dodger55 on May 25, 09 12:18 PM
I need help!!!! I think I've done everything right, but the remote control does not work on the flashing red light on the top left side drawer of Jones'desk.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on May 26, 09 11:10 AM
Yes it does, it just does not do anything to that drawer, it opens another secret compartment in the room. Look at the horse statue. A drawer under the statue should now be open and an important piece of paper can now be removed.

Go to: