Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by aeromom on Nov 25, 14 2:32 PM

biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.


Didn't see this when I did the demo, bought and downloaded the game, and McAfee gave me the same warning. Never had this happen before either.

 
Campinrat
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Trojan Virus as well.

[Post New]by Campinrat on Nov 25, 14 3:09 PM
I also got the virus message but felt sure that was an error. I am playing it fine.
After replaying MCF Dire Grove and finishing it yesterday ( must have been ESP ) the only problem for me is getting my head screwed around this current setting with new characters!

 
youreyes13
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Anyone else's game downloading REALLY slowly?

[Post New]by youreyes13 on Nov 25, 14 4:22 PM
I have an up to date MBP with "extreme" speed internet and everything downloads lightning fast, but this game is taking FOREVER!!! I've downloaded similar sized files with no issues.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by joannab on Nov 25, 14 5:01 PM
Can't get it to download, either. SO frustrating!

 

Car Puzzle Glitch

[Post New]by codeking on Nov 25, 14 5:08 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.


EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.


I can get to the last pair, the coins, then the screen stops responding. It finds one of the coins then nothing. Not even the hint, strategy guide, menu or bottom exit area of screen work.

Have exited the game and restarted several times, have tried accessing the game in compatibility mode however it then gives me an access violation error.

Am running Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core Duo 1.87GHz 4Gb RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6570

 
Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Nov 25, 14 6:00 PM
bfgMurrumbidgee, please be advised than when I went to the 1402 1404 link in your post, the page is in Italian. Funny, but completely useless, at least for me.

Just for your info.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 6:01:05 PM PST


 
tazmanw
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by tazmanw on Nov 25, 14 6:53 PM
I'm having the same issue at the car. After checking a W/T if did find the match for the coin (after you restart you get one click then it freezes- so I gave up trying to figure it out on my own- and this was the final pair for me) Now I have the Record but it won't put it in my inventory. Every time I restart I'm back in the car with the record showing but I can't grab it or anything. This is beyond frustrating. I've never had trouble with BFG games, but this is beyond annoying. I'm thinking it may be the order you happen to pick the pairs. I don't want to have to start over. But it looks like that's the only option at this point.

After I tried again- I found that under the thermos was the actual record and then i was able to move forward. But you shouldn't have to keep restarting after each click- it's definitely a glitch. Took me forever to get past this.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 7:00:34 PM PST


 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by dinksgal on Nov 25, 14 7:07 PM
I am also having the issue at the car. I was on the last pair (was the pipe for me) and it froze, music still playing, but could not get out of the game without turning off my computer. I'm using Windows 8.

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Nov 25, 14 9:01 PM
I too had the problem with the freezing scene in the car same as other posters. I'm running Windows 8. After going out of the game and restarting several times, I got back into the Menu, changed my difficulty to the lowest (I was using highest), then went into car scene where my one coin was still uncovered and pressed Hint. It showed where the other coin was and even let me pick up the record. Didn't like to do that because I like to complete a game without any hints or skips, but it worked so I can move on.

 
jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Nov 25, 14 9:39 PM
Poodlebear wrote:
jojo3983 wrote:using windows 8. got into the car and the game freezes. The music still playing but won't let me out of the car. I am clicking on try to find the pairs.


EXACTLY the same issue for me at the same spot. I had gotten to last group of pairs - coins. I can move my cursor but nothing happens, clicking does nothing, can't exit or use hint or strategy guide. Using Windows 7 Home Premium.


Playing in 'Casual Hunter' mode, I am also having the same issue after revealing the first coin. The game comes to a complete standstill after the first click at exactly this point and I can't click on anything - not the items in the HOP, nor the 'Hint' button, strategy guide, map, or 'Menu' button.

PC and game restarts don't solve the issue, and I have to force-close the game through Task Manager to stop it. Edited this post to add that I just restarted the game and tried clicking the 'Hint' button right away, then clicked on the second coin location, and the vinyl record appeared but could not be clicked on to add it to my inventory. The game froze again and required a complete restart. Again, the record appeared, but I could not click on it, although at least I was able to click the 'Menu' button to exit the game normally.

Since I've now been playing for about four hours and spent $19.99 on the game - not a minor investment of my time or cash - I am pretty furious right now. At least I'm glad I'm the first person in my household - all loyal Big Fish customers and rabid MCF players since Huntsville - to discover this frustrating glitch before they got to it so I could warn them to stop playing until it's fixed.

PC specs: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, DirectX 11, more than enough CPU and RAM for this title, NVIDIA GeForce GT G525M (latest driver installed today), Flash, etc., up to date.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 10:08:09 PM PST


 
4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by 4194dave on Nov 25, 14 10:57 PM
I picked up the ring in the safe in the sitting room, but now it is gone when I need it to open the box in Derek's house.

 
Tam5115
Clownfish
Clownfish
932 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Tam5115 on Nov 26, 14 12:17 AM
My anti virus automatically removed a "virus" Same as others, Puzzle 1 something. I use an F-Secure provided by my cable co. It updates at every start.

 
Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 26, 14 12:23 AM
So - any word from the Fish about the game stopping at the car matching pair mini-game?

 
0161
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by 0161 on Nov 26, 14 12:39 AM
I use windows 8.1 and run MacAfee anti virus. Have had no problems running this game at all. No Trojan warnings or anything. I've been a member for a few years now and have never had any problems with Big Fish re virus or anything else.
Maybe you need to update your MacAfee and do a full scan. I do a full scan on a daily basis and find this works for me.

Edited on 11/26/2014 at 4:14:28 AM PST


 
ruralbabe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

IT WONT COMPLETE DOWNLOADING!!!!!

[Post New]by ruralbabe on Nov 26, 14 2:40 AM
I have downloaded it 3 times and every time it won't complete and starts from the beginning again. I live in rural australia and I have a very expensive 16 gig per month, this has just eaten nearly six and I still don't have the game. This is on a mac with yosemite

Ive rebooted, Ive checked the help pages, Ive reloaded the game manager, Ive deleted and downloaded game manager, Ive rebooted the modem and now Im tearing my hair out.

HELP

 
rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by rockey69 on Nov 26, 14 5:03 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:My McAfee found the following Trojan and quarantined the file:

Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11

Said something about screen puzzle 1. I have never had this happen before. I thought BFG guarantees that all their games are virus tested and that these types of files are not in their games.

I sure hope this doesn't cause any issues with playing the game but will soon find out as I am off to start playing now.


I got the same thing while downloading the game, I hope the game is going to work ok

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Gaelythe on Nov 26, 14 5:42 AM
Joining the chorus on people who had McAfee detect and quarantine Artemis!F1FABEDF1E11 in screensaver_puzzle1.scr

It surprised me that this happened, since I've never had any problem with a game from BigFish before.

 
Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Nov 26, 14 7:15 AM
I used the work around quoted below, changing to easiest setting and hitting hint, and it worked for me like a charm. Thanks!

spikescajunmom wrote:I too had the problem with the freezing scene in the car same as other posters. I'm running Windows 8. After going out of the game and restarting several times, I got back into the Menu, changed my difficulty to the lowest (I was using highest), then went into car scene where my one coin was still uncovered and pressed Hint. It showed where the other coin was and even let me pick up the record. Didn't like to do that because I like to complete a game without any hints or skips, but it worked so I can move on.



 
jazzboogie
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by jazzboogie on Nov 26, 14 7:28 AM
Poodlebear wrote:I used the work around quoted below, changing to easiest setting and hitting hint, and it worked for me like a charm. Thanks!

spikescajunmom wrote:I too had the problem with the freezing scene in the car same as other posters. I'm running Windows 8. After going out of the game and restarting several times, I got back into the Menu, changed my difficulty to the lowest (I was using highest), then went into car scene where my one coin was still uncovered and pressed Hint. It showed where the other coin was and even let me pick up the record. Didn't like to do that because I like to complete a game without any hints or skips, but it worked so I can move on.




Unfortunately, this workaround did not work for me because I was already playing the game at the lowest difficulty setting ('Casual Hunter') - incidentally, changing that setting to any level hasn't worked at all. Hoping to see a real fix soon!

 

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by jacnlyn on Nov 26, 14 7:30 AM
cant take the poster down from the wall in the hotel

 
 
 
 
Go to: