bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:TGT Escape Rosecliff Island

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 15, 09 5:57 AM
LOL Scotcat! Spintop has a great sense of humor. I noticed the take-off on RTR right away, had me rolling. I think Spintop is one of the BFG Partners. I am pretty sure this will be on Felix's List. if not, maybe Felix would make a nice tasty Bar-B-Q

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Apr 15, 09 6:09 AM
I have also noticed in this one that they let you know how many locks you have found in EACH scene....not just the total number found. I THINK this is something they haven't done before. I know they've always given the total, but this one has a couple of little lock images in the lower left corner that light up when you have found the locks for that scene.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Apr 15, 09 6:09 AM
I can't get it to install keep getting installation error invalid directory. I have contacted support. I played the demo on Spintop with no problems.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Apr 15, 09 6:13 AM
Gentlsong wrote:I have also noticed in this one that they let you know how many locks you have found in EACH scene....not just the total number found. I THINK this is something they haven't done before. I know they've always given the total, but this one has a couple of little lock images in the lower left corner that light up when you have found the locks for that scene.

They do usually tell you if you still have to find the special item or not.

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Apr 15, 09 6:26 AM
I agree with you... Great Game-will buy! Also who could avoid comparing the gateway with RTR - another terrific game.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 15, 09 6:36 AM
I like this game alot! Played the demo and sure to get the full version.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Apr 15, 09 7:02 AM
Loved this game, I got it from Spintop because I couldn't wait Yup payed full price Next time I'll wait.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Apr 15, 09 7:38 AM
Love it, bought it, hoping it will be on FF, fins crossed.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Apr 15, 09 7:46 AM
If I get this game it will be when it's on the Felix Favorites list, saving my money for that list this month, I just want a mug I think, so I just need like 7 more games

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Apr 15, 09 8:57 AM
This is a lovely game. I like the graphics, the relaxed mode, the play-on-words descriptions, unlimited hints, and finding the locks.

Couldn't resist buying this one!

[Post New]by catalonia911 on Apr 15, 09 9:29 AM
I just finished playing the 60 minute trial and got to level 6. I wonder how many levels there are so I would know if it would be worth it to buy the game. I do like it so far and love HOG's!!!!

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Apr 15, 09 9:39 AM
Just finished trial and will buy; now if it is a felix fav . later if not. Even if it is not long it will definitely a repeat play game; so should be worth the price.

ducle
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by ducle on Apr 15, 09 9:48 AM
Hi, n00b here, first post. I love reading these forums, they're very helpful.

I don't buy a ton of games, so I'm careful about each one. Is this game like Mystery PI: New York Adventure? I'm asking because I was very disappointed with that one, the levels didn't vary, and by the time I was through with it I was thoroughly bored.

On the other hand, I loved Return to Ravenhurst and Madame Fate. How does this game compare to those?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Apr 15, 09 9:48 AM
While HOs are not my favorite games, I will be getting this one, it keeps my interest...and figured if I start buying more HOGs then BF will start putting more TM and Strategy games on here...never fails, everytime I get into something, the games I like will start to slow down. LOL 2 other mini games that are on there...one is a puzzle, not like the one already mentioned on here but an actual puzzle and the other one is a Word Search...that's as far as I've gotten....wonder what the others are? Maybe someone else will let us know lol

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Apr 15, 09 9:53 AM
Welcome to the Pond, ducle or is it n00b?

I didn't want ya to think I was ignoring you but we posted at the same time...that's why I didn't see your message till mine was posted. sorry can't answer your question as I haven't played those games...but did want to welcome ya to the pond and hope to see more of you in here~have a great day~

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 15, 09 10:02 AM
I haven't played my demo of this yet, but just had to jump in with Scotcat here.

When Family Flux was released as TGT it had the Felix Favorite on the game download page, just not on Felix's Favorites list.

It doesn't appear as if this will be one of the favorites.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Apr 15, 09 10:08 AM
AnnBy wrote:
When Family Flux was released as TGT it had the Felix Favorite on the game download page, just not on Felix's Favorites list.

It doesn't appear as if this will be one of the favorites.

Not all of them have that. Sherlock the Awakened is a favorite but its download page doesn't say that. The only way to know for sure is for BFG to tell us. I already sent a message to a mod asking that very question. Is Rosecliff or isn't it?

picman's on. He'd know for sure.

Edited on 04/15/2009 at 10:09:51 AM PST

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on Apr 15, 09 10:11 AM
Well if it's not then I might get it next month, of course by then I may not be interested anymore...

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Apr 15, 09 10:15 AM
Yeah, I put off buying Between the Worlds (which I really want) because for some reason they didn't include it for the promo.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 15, 09 10:35 AM
Yes, Rosecliff is very similar to Mystery PI: New York, so if you got bored stiff before finishing that game odds are you will be bored stiff before finishing this one.

There's supposed to be 24 or 25 levels, each of which has 3-9 scenes. I've racked up 2 hours 15 minutes of playtime according to the high scores table, and just started level 11. After you get all 50 locks (I have 4 more to find) the "unlimited seek and find" mode is unlocked, so that you can choose a scene and then get asked to find ALL possible items in it. Some people think that's a lot of fun, others don't care for it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that but usually not.

I got bored with Mystery PI New York myself, but kept coming back to it for 15-30 minutes at a time until I finished it. It was a nice relaxing game to play before bed, particularly if I was listening to radio at the same time, because there was no timer so I could just close my eyes and listen to the best parts of the music, and then look for items during the parts I wasn't interested in.

Go to: