nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

Re:Golden Ball and Stump Holes? Guide is useless.

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Dec 3, 14 11:01 PM
Okay, I finally got past this part by restarting the puzzle. I had gotten the ball in the correct hole several times, but it never fell through and gave me the disc. Once I restarted it and tried again, it worked. I think it's a glitch in the game.

[Post New]by dragoncat453 on Dec 5, 14 3:53 PM
I have reset the game. I have tried the same combination of holes over and over. I am now going to You Tube. This is definitely frustrating and must be a bug. Feh.

[Post New]by dragoncat453 on Dec 5, 14 4:06 PM
OK solved it. What everyone else said was true: you must figure out which combo gets the ball to the left lower hole. Then you go to the left upper hole above it and the shield pops out. You kinda have to concentrate on the middle holes and not the ones to the far right. Unfortunately I can''t remember the exact sequence but most of the combos don't place the golden ball in that all important left but not topmost hole.
Thanks to all for your help.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Dec 6, 14 2:08 PM
Walkup's idea of mapping the behavior is what solved it for me. I, too, had left the game, with this part of the puzzle unsolved, just to come back and still be stuck on moving the gold ball correctly.

Solution: Get to a point where you can feed the ball into the middle hole in the right grouping of holes and the ball will pop up in the lower hole on the far left. From there, click the top hole on the far left.

I cannot believe how many times I must have danced around the solution.

Thank goodness for the forum and helpful people!

Thank you, Walkup!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Dec 13, 14 4:05 PM
This is definitely a bit odd. Count me among the resets an come back group. The SG
does show the correct move but I'm still not too shure how I got there!

KatranMoiety1
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by KatranMoiety1 on Dec 19, 14 11:35 AM
STILL STUMPED by this golden ball and stump puzzle. Otherwise am enjoying the game--- better than some of the reviews. The jigsaw puzzles could have been a little harder !!!!

[Post New]by cactusrose on Dec 23, 14 11:26 AM
The guide is indeed useless. All it shows is that you have to get the ball to two points...which we already know! If a player is going to the walkthrough, it's because h/she wants to know HOW to do something. As there is no way to restart one portion of the minigame, and I don't want to keep replaying the entire minigame up until this badly written section, I'll try You tube and then give up and NEVER buy one of these again. So irritated....

[Post New]by margotbean on Dec 27, 14 12:43 PM
The solution in the guide is correct. It says "Select R-S" and that is the correct solution. From the starting point, all you have to do is click TWO holes, "R" then "S".

The difficulty lies in getting the ball back to the start point once you try the puzzle and fail.

I don't understand why this particular puzzle has generated so much buzz, but I might advise the guide writers not to try to cram so much into one small picture next time. You can't argue with results, and the results say that the solution wasn't clear enough. Who would've thought?

Go to: