slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by slm1948 on Dec 5, 14 9:54 AM
This game started out fun but I'm always sorry I bought a game when I get stuck and can't progress. On level 96 there are diamonds that must be dropped off near the center, but they are on the outside edges. Dropping bombs on them does no good. They need to be brought to the inside. I played for a long time and have been unable to figure out how to do that.

I love building up the fish tanks and caring for the fish and chuckling at what they say to me. The match 3 part is a means to that end for me. I don't enjoy it being so difficult.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Fishgamesite2 on Dec 14, 14 2:52 PM
A great game for young and old has enough easy to-do and also harder M3 games to finish. Love the fish and decorations backgrounds. Different tanks good idea. I'm working on the fourth tank and taking care of the other three! Love playing it!

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Dec 18, 14 8:15 AM
Not quite as good as Fishdom 3, unfortunately. It's a lot harder, even with the timer and everything else turned off. The goals are very difficult to meet. What I liked about this game was that it was a simple, easy game that I could squeeze into my down time for a few minutes before getting back to whatever I had to do. No more. This is now a fairly time-consuming strategy game. Some people will probably really like that, but I don't care for it. I liked it when it was just a cute distraction, not a pain to play. I've got a goal to meet now that I don't even understand. I'm on level 158, and not likely to get much higher without putting in some serious time. If you savor a challenge this might be the game for you. I prefer a simpler game.

[Post New]by dnowak on Dec 20, 14 12:45 PM
This is the first time I have put in a comment about one of these games. I am extremely disappointed in Fishdom: Depths of Time Collector's Edition. I always play these things on the easiest settings, my life affords me enough challenge and stress thank you, and I was very excited to see this game come out as I have all the others. However, all the fish bowls and backdrops are a bait and switch because I don't think the game was ever meant to go beyond level 160. From the previous comments, I should consider myself lucky I got this far. What I'm really afraid of is if I continue to play and make it to level 161, is it going to be another one if these impossible, incomprehensible combination things that takes hours and invites a fist through the computer? I'm not sure who you think your market is out here, but the true gamers have an X-Box and are playing live games via the internet and wouldn't admit to one of these being downloaded on their computer. I think your market is either the very young or us older folk who started out with pong. Give us a freakin break, Mr. Game Designers, and always, always give us an easy way around or be sure the easy button truly is that. I just bought an entire CE game and got about 1/2. Not the happy camper.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 21, 14 5:48 AM
This is the best M3 game I’ve ever played. I like the challenge and the feeling I get when I have discovered an alternate strategy in some levels. I have played 1103 levels, but then I got tired to clean all 21 tanks and feed the fishes in them, so I started with a new profile. One tank and no fish, just play... Now on level 703.

FYI: There are 250 different scenarios. Levels 1-24 are some kind of tutorials and levels 25-250 (total of 226 levels) repeat themselves, endless I think. This I know, because I have been taking screenshots of each level and compared them with each other.
Although the scenarios repeat themselves, they become harder each time.

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 5:52:18 AM PST

[Post New]by BuffyBrunswick on Dec 23, 14 12:28 PM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:15:52 PM PST

[Post New]by rutledgemichelle on Jan 6, 15 4:40 PM
I am so sorry that I wasted my money on this game, I've always enjoyed the Fishdom games but this one stinks. So unfortunate.......I'll move on to something else.

[Post New]by Rilorfir on Jan 8, 15 5:51 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:18:36 PM PST

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Jan 8, 15 2:38 PM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:20:36 PM PST

[Post New]by Rilorfir on Jan 9, 15 12:46 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:21:25 PM PST

Loralia
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Loralia on Feb 1, 15 11:19 AM
I bought the first Fishdom game and loved it. I had a ball with the tanks and screensaver, it was so soothing. Ever since then I haven't found one I liked as much. Yes, now the fish interact with you and so forth but IMO the items to buy are way too fantastical and I admit I like a more natural appearance. The original Fishdom supplied that.

THIS GAME! Sheesh, not only are the items really expensive and even more fantastical (I'm sorry, most just seem silly to me) but it's not just harder, it's impossible, at least for me. I play to relax, to have fun, to take some time away from the daily difficulties of life and this game cannot supply that, not for me. The double bombs, (seriously?) seeing what's ahead in the general instructions, it's just too much for my poor brain. I bought elsewhere at a good sale so can't ask for my money back but this is my last Fishdom and I'm uninstalling it. If this is how they are making their games now, I want no part of it. It's too bad, they had a really good thing going here.

bren1joy1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by bren1joy1 on Feb 2, 15 2:36 PM
Excellent game. That is all

[Post New]by moosie40 on Feb 7, 15 5:54 PM
Not my favorite of the Fishdom series, despite the great graphics and music Too many levels where it's difficult to gather double bombs. It's not always clear how to achieve it either.

[Post New]by g27dee on Mar 22, 15 1:57 PM
I have bought most of the other Fishdom games. I enjoy them because they sooth and give me a little keep going to my day. BUT I have never had the problem of not being able to get over a level. At level 31 (about) I ran into a ?double bomb?. (in the Fishdom: Depths of Time Collectors Version - which I might add I have not bought the collectors version of the others - maybe that's it - anyway) I only had to get rid of one (double bomb-?-), but no matter how many different ways of double bombing I tried it WILL NOT let me go. I feel they ought to have SOME kind of info in the game. They are not on the walkthroughs either. I do not know where to go for help. So I am creating a new name in the game. But I am not happy. rg

[Post New]by sharendale on Apr 5, 15 3:26 PM
I've managed and struggled with this game, past the bombs & double bombs issues, but I'm pretty much taken aback re: why the differences in how to finish the levels requirements. I'm going to vote with the crowd . . . this game was made technically by a chuckle head who doesn't get the idea as to why we play these kinds of games. Feel like the developer has given me the middle finger, so am hanging up my mouse on this game. More trouble then it's with in enjoyment factor.

Janzoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Janzoz on Apr 23, 15 8:35 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:42:36 PM PST

Janzoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Janzoz on Apr 23, 15 8:39 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:43:08 PM PST

Janzoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Janzoz on Apr 23, 15 8:49 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:43:39 PM PST

Janzoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Janzoz on Apr 23, 15 8:53 AM

Edited on 04/23/2015 at 4:44:07 PM PST

Janzoz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Janzoz on Apr 23, 15 10:10 PM
Janzoz wrote:<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

The game is so much fun. I love to talk to the fishes. I enjoy the graphics too.

Go to: