dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Weird Park: The Final Show here!

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Nov 30, 14 1:08 PM
Hi all. Finally got around to this one today. I have the first two games in this series and really liked them both. This one is very much the same in graphics and art work, although a bit old school in design. Colors are very bright and clear and game play was good. No problems at all. Jump map works quite well, but often shows multiple places that you are "currently" in and multiple things to do in those locations...okay, which one do I go to first?

Very few HOPs in this game and they are extremely simple, e.g. find a part and place it here in order to find another to put somewhere else. Easy and boring. Puzzles were so simple it was ridiculous. Took no thought to figure these out. Hint system was helpful, but really not necessary. The story line sort of got lost in the game play. Some movements didn't make sense and it didn't really flow very well.

This game felt more like something they were "practicing" on before the "real" finished game that came out later. I was very disappointed in this one. Very child-like actions and puzzles, e.g. paper doll...silly. Absolutely no challenge or fun. I'm not even sure a beginner would like this one, but a younger child might - except for some of the language that comes out of the creepy elf clown's mouth. Rarely do I ever not recommend a game, but this one...I just can't see even wasting a game credit for it. No buy for me. I really do hope this is the last in the series.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by budgiepoodle on Nov 30, 14 2:00 PM
I really enjoyed this game! The only thing I wish was different would be to allow the inventory to be locked open. Otherwise, really fun game.

medview2
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by medview2 on Dec 1, 14 7:09 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 3:52:15 PM PST

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Dec 1, 14 1:44 PM
What a great game! Unique and has all the latest bells and whistles. Not only that but it has a bonus game included. Really amazing for an SE. Buy it -- you'll love it!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 2, 14 5:47 AM
I love everything about this. Puzzles that aren't too hard but still require some thought, excellent voice acting and animation, good story, good music... I'm sorry to see this series end, it's been a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this developer, I hope they don't go the same route as others and head into FB type games only, that would be a loss to us casual gamers.

mylbos
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mylbos on Dec 2, 14 9:33 PM
Lots of Fun! Great Game!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 3, 14 4:25 PM
I liked this game, I also used game coupon but It said that coupons didn't work on getting bonus punch on Mondays.

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Dec 3, 14 5:41 PM
What a great little game, everyone will love it.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Dec 3, 14 9:49 PM
If a game has the word "weird" in the title, then I expect some weirdness and I wasn't disappointed. It was just weird enough to make me want to see what was in store as the game progressed. And just so much fun! Colorful and entertaining. More fun than MANY CEs that have been churned out of the cookie cutter machine that seems to be the norm these days. I haven't played the previous Weird Park games but I think this game could stand alone.

This game moves right along but has good length. No time to get bored. Puzzles are my favorite and this game had a great variety. From "easy" to "thinkers" but nothing so hard that I was frustrated. Some just good for a laugh. HOPAs were varied too. A couple had misnamed objects. Looked for a spyglass that ended up being billiard balls. A "letter figurine" turned out to be maracas.

Just when I thought the game was over, I was surprised to see an extra chapter begin! Prehistory on the evil jester and how the clown became involved with him. Just as good as the main game--maybe a little better!

All in all I think this game will appeal to a variety of players. SO happy to have gotten it free with my punch card because I would definitely have paid money for it. I wholeheartedly recommend this game! Five stars for FUN!

doneeze1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by doneeze1 on Dec 5, 14 10:07 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 3:57:34 PM PST

[Post New]by EduardSidoruk on Dec 5, 14 10:23 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 3:59:45 PM PST

doneeze1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by doneeze1 on Dec 5, 14 10:48 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 3:57:59 PM PST

[Post New]by EduardSidoruk on Dec 5, 14 11:55 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 4:00:05 PM PST

doneeze1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by doneeze1 on Dec 5, 14 3:50 PM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 3:58:19 PM PST

[Post New]by dewdrop1024 on Dec 7, 14 7:09 AM

Edited on 12/07/2014 at 4:00:32 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 7, 14 4:07 PM
Hey Everyone

I just wanted to pop in with a friendly reminder of the Review Guidelines, which I've quoted below:

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Weird Park: The Final Show.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Please bear in mind, this thread is reserved for reviews only. If there are any questions about the game, please create a new thread for discussion. If there's a technical issue, please post in the dedicated Tech Thread. Any replies directed to another poster should be sent via PM so that this thread can remain dedicated to just reviews on the game.

Thank you all for understanding and we look forward to seeing many more reviews!

Happy Posting!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by georgi101 on Dec 19, 14 3:24 PM
AWSOME AWSOME GAME LOVE IT

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 24, 14 5:38 AM
These Weird Park games have always been really "weird". This was a long one for a SE...wow, just when I had thought it had finished it went into a whole new story. No doubt you have to play the others to really get the jest of what is going on or what happened before, however it does supply some "flash backs" for those who haven't played before.

As usual, graphics, color, animations and voice-overs are excellent and it makes the game a lot of fun to play. Transporter map is great and both the hint and skip recharge quickly.

Puzzles and mini games can be a bit confusing...or at least the instructions are at times. A fair number of interactive HOS which I found fun but sometimes tedious to play. HOS fans will love them.

The one thing that drives me crazy about these games is the inventory bar DOES NOT LOCK! Up and Down, Up and Down through the whole game. Terribly inconvenient and annoying.

I own the whole series, so I think I should probably go back to game 1 and play them again. I give this a 4+ out of 5...mostly because the bouncing inventory bar is an issue.

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Dec 24, 14 11:05 AM
I really liked this game. I kept thinking it was going to end, but it was as long as a CE, without the price. I did have a free coupon, but would have bought it even if I had to pay.

sherisgirl
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by sherisgirl on Dec 30, 14 10:15 AM
Just looking for something to play never saw this as a collectors, but downloaded anyway, glad I did as I have enjoyed all the others, what a great game very enjoyable.
Recommend highly

Go to: