Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dreamscapes: Nightmare's Heir here!

[Post New]by smokeymoochoo on Dec 3, 14 3:42 AM
Game freezes on hospital desk just like everyone else. Very disappointing. Find an update and fix it

Maryish
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Maryish on Dec 3, 14 8:52 AM
Love the games with snow in them. Enjoyed being able to play the first 10 minutes. Game moves very slow and I too had a frozen screen with the desk in the hospital. What's happening lately Big Fish??? So many games with problems. I no longer find myself rushing to see the next new game like a kid in a toy store with so many problem games lately.

Let's work on this bring the quality back :--)

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Dec 3, 14 10:20 AM
Two major lockups in the first five minutes of the demo. Windows 8.1
It locked up the first time in the settings page. Even with a CTRL/ALT/DEL the TaskManager wouldn't run. Required a shutdown with the power button. Happened again two minutes into the game before I even got into the hospital.

These type of lockups and forced restarts can damage a PC's operating system. I would definitely NOT recommend this game, at least for W8.1 users as they may risk permanent damage to their PC.

[Post New]by TealadysCat on Dec 4, 14 2:23 AM
I think this is a tech issue in the bllack and white bedroom scene I am stuck and i think its a glitch
I took the glass to the taps it said there was only hot water I filled glass, but it is not in my inventory and I cannot click on sink to zoom in now thinking maybe a glitch here? as haven't got the 3 numbers so wont let me open the safe until I have all three, got the 2 from sofa and 8 from photo but as I said I had an empty glass i filled it I got the beholder thing in sink but now have no glass of water and no ability to zoom in on sink all I have left now in inventory is soap ball, sphere and 2 pieces of locket so cannot get third number from window

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 4, 14 12:09 PM
SO.....disappointed ...like so many other fishies, my game does F-R-E-E-Z-E at the nurse's station, tried over and over, but freezes there every time.

I played the previous Dreamscapes, with no issues of any kind, it frustrates me that the developers had to add HD, that makes a lot of us unable to play, I'm sure there are a lot more people that don't have HD, than there are people, that do have it.

I have been waiting for a new game with the beholders, for so long, LOVE collecting them, so I am a bit heart right now, since the game was made for HD, I'm sure there will be no fix, would LOVE to be wrong, DEVELOPERS ?

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Dec 7, 14 4:34 PM
I also had the problem with the game freezing at the nurses station in the hospital. I used Ctl/Alt/Del and had to End the game. Went back in, tried several times. Finally one time I clicked on the Oxygen tank Valve, rather than the book on the desk, and I was able to pick it up. But then it froze again when I clicked on the desk. So I exited AGAIN, went back in, and decided to go town to the tank to install the valve first. Did that, then tried to click on the book on the nurses desk, and it FROZE AGAIN! I'm giving up. I am SO DISAPPOINTED, as I really wanted to play/buy this game. I have Dreamscapes: the Sandman, and I was able to finish it. It's a shame that I can't play this one, no more than so many other fishies. I also have had quite a bit of trouble with various games. Of course, they usually want to blame it on our computers. It would be nice if they'd fix this problem. I don't see how some could have made it to different part of the game, evidently beyond the nurses desk. Unless they just skipped it, and went to other places, but I clicked on the Hint, and that's where it showed me to go, on the book. SHAME!

moonwitch1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by moonwitch1 on Dec 7, 14 4:51 PM
I just finished the game and found a couple of flaws that need fixing. First, the game gave a time run error and froze three times. This happened in Tim's house where you put the handle into the fire truck and the ladder extends. I had to delete the game and reload it, which was a slow process.
Secondly, in the main room, off to the left where you go onto the board sidewalk to reach the extra rooms, there are two neutralizers peering up on each side of the sidewalk. It's impossible to tag them as the cursor will just take you back out when you try. I tried this over and over during the game with the same results. The cursor is just a little bit too sensitive as with some of the other neutralizers, you go to click on them and get bounced out of the room. Also, there are some neutralizers that if you don't click on them first, you will get sent to another area altogether and not be able to go back and tag them, This stuff shouldn't happen. It definitely influenced my review of the game.

[Post New]by kally1014 on Dec 25, 14 9:07 AM
The game freezes at the nurse's station. I restarted, rebooted and I get the same scene freeze

Edited on 12/25/2014 at 9:08:25 AM PST

jap54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by jap54 on Dec 30, 14 8:12 AM
I managed to pick up the valve from the desk - but when I hovered over the book which was hinted at it froze, I re-tried by re-starting the game and it happened again not sure why this happened.

[Post New]by RomCathGirl421 on Jan 1, 15 1:22 PM
Robilyn wrote:I am in a room towards the end. Everything is black and white. And I can't access my inventory items. So angry that something like this always happens at the end if the game.

I have the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Feb 18, 15 9:05 PM
I am running Windows 7 on my laptop and was able to complete the game without any technical problems. Hope those of you who had trouble have been able to sort things out.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 19, 15 5:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along the pond and came across this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that some of you are having freezing or screen issues on this particular game. Talk about frustrating.

It may be helpful to check out the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issues continue, I recommend to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They will be able to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by AbsoluteFabs on Mar 3, 15 9:29 AM
I thought we were all paying for playing. In the last few months it seems many of us have experienced many issues with the games and we are now spending more time trying to identify problems than actually playing. I don't think telling us to check help pages is going to resolve problems. The question remains as many members have put it, what is BF going to do to prevent games being released before they are fit to play?

[Post New]by TivaCae on Mar 3, 15 12:52 PM
I'm also having the same problem with it freezing when I try to click on the hospital desk.

[Post New]by tribby on Mar 6, 15 11:25 PM
running the game on a Mac OS 10.9.5. This is the third game I have bought recently at Bigfish that I have not been able to play because of technical issues within the game not with my computer. No fixes have been made on the previous 2 and no refunds have been made either!!!
With this game there is a problem from the start. As soon as the game launches, it resets the screen and squeezes it into a narrow 3 inch band at the center of the screen when it is supposed to run in full screen mode. If I click it out of full screen mode, every thing shifts right so that the left side of screen is blank and the right side only shows half of the game. It is beginning to be very frustrating buying games here. no fixes, no problems seen on Dr. felix reports sent in, no refunds and no remedy open.
I am really surprised with the quality of games recently and with the lack of costomer support. I am a long time user of big fish games and have bought hundreds of games from this site. I really have to consider if I will remain a customer.

[Post New]by DEARBIGFISH on Mar 16, 15 6:08 PM
The screen resolution and dimensions for the game itself have automatically zoomed in and i can't get them back to normal and neither can my father can I get a suddegtion on how to fix this please?

typegal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Cursor problems and screen size - Mac OS 10.9.5

[Post New]by typegal on Mar 25, 15 9:29 AM
The game sizes itself as a square in either size mode, and when using custom cursor, there are two cursors: the system cursor and custom cursor. The only one that will allow you to click correctly is the custom cursor. As you move to the outer edges of the game, the distance between cursors grows. When disabling custom cursor, it only works in the middle of the screen. I was playing in Advanced (middle) mode. I did uninstall/reinstall game, changed game mode to whatever the easiest is called, using custom cursor, and was able to play, but the screen size of game was still square. Display preferences are set for "best for display", "automatic graphics switching" is OFF in Energy preferences. These settings had solved display issues for other games in the past, but are not fixing this issue. Running Mac OS 10.9.5 on a 15" MacBookPro, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GM ram, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024 MB.

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Jun 12, 15 6:03 AM
Well Big Fish are you going to sort out these problems or not? After contacting the team with a Dr Felix report, which, incidentally, was a waste of time because no-one tried anything to fix the problem, I had a refund almost immediately. I would much rather have played the game though.

Surely it's time your technical team tested these games properly instead of continually sending us to help pages which don't help at all. I think you now have enough complaints to think seriously about it.

Edited on 06/12/2015 at 6:08:11 AM PST

[Post New]by Lazy_Storm on Jul 17, 15 1:49 PM
I would really like to play this game but it freezes on the desk near the beginning just like a lot of other people are finding.

Could big fish please quality check games before they are released? I'm fed up wasting my time on badly written games.

Or at least talk to the supplier and issue a fix or a better version. You could have had my money but are missing out now because of issues like this.

[Post New]by JANEEDISTURBED on Dec 2, 15 4:34 PM
After finishing this game the first time in easiest difficulty mode, I noticed it says I never found all of his diary entries. I know I did, BUT I also noticed why! At two different times — after rescuing him from the car, and under the ocean — I received the exact same diary entry about his fear of dogs.

There are other pages that repeat themselves, and never show you all of the entries. I have also found 4 of the same introduction diary entry page with different pictures attached. One with Tim in B&W, another with both Tim and Laura together as kids by a tree, Tim (or someone) rock climbing, and another with both of the little Gremlins (one purple and the other green) together. All say the same thing! They are all the Introduction page. So when this happens, in some of the other scenes where you'd usually find a diary entry, there is none to be found! I hope this is truly fixed soon, as it takes away from the achievements you'd normally have gained.

Also, I searched high and low 3x playing on same difficulty level, for the last beholder up in the attic where Tim's enlarging machine is. Got all but one every time. And I combed through every inch of that room for it.

Is this all something new as far as glitches, or ongoing yet to be fixed? If so, will it be fixed soon? And if this is to be fixed, will we have to download game again, or have to buy it again? Not sure how all that works here. Please fix these glitches or bugs soon! It is a very good game, and would be a shame to find out we bought a game that is all messed up, incomplete, or not going to be fixed. Or will we be reimbursed if this is something not going to be fixed, or unable to be fixed? Sorry for all of the questions. Just need some help, and hoping for a fix of the issues.

Thanks

Edited on 12/02/2015 at 8:03:44 PM PST

Go to: