bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Object Crosswords 2 here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 17, 14 1:09 PM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with the game! If you're experiencing a black screen, freezing issues, crashes, or if the game isn't responding when you click on things, please check out the following help article for steps that can help with these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried out those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

maizijane
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by maizijane on Dec 18, 14 1:37 PM
On Level 31, when typing the S in Scorpio, the system will not accept the S. Must I uninstall and re install? That gets old after a while.

[Post New]by KowboyKrazi on Dec 19, 14 4:02 PM
Even when you know the answer and clik to type in, game won't accept. Same situation over and over. Waste of my time and money.

[Post New]by ladybear101 on Dec 20, 14 6:06 PM
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit : Just purchased the game after enjoying the trial. I am having the same issue with entering correct letters but they show as wrong. I wish I had read the forum first, and would probably have not purchased
Will try on my Windows 8.1 tablet and see if it works differently - hopefully better.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Dec 26, 14 4:29 PM
Windows 8.1

I posted earlier about not being able to play bonus level obtained after 50 stars. Oddly enough, it let me play the next one once I earned enough stars to reach it.

Now I'm having a new problem. Black screen! Level 30 will not play for me at all. When I click to start the level, I get a black screen. The music still plays and the game cursor is responsive, but the graphics never load. Eventually, if I leave it that way, it crashes and up pops an access violation box.

I'm going to write to customer service. Not having a bonus level that I earned is disappointing, but now I can't even play the rest of the normal levels.

[Post New]by TweedleDum on Jan 3, 15 12:20 AM
I just downloaded this game and launched it on my Toshiba laptop which is Windows 8.1. I made sure I had default mouse pointer set as the first few times I launched the game I had no cursor. I still have no cursor. I move my mouse around and the button options highlight so I know it is being recognized such as Play, Options, Change Player, and Exit. It is difficult to actually play the game when you cannot see what you are pointing at. where the cursor actually is. Is there some driver that I need? I am pretty techy person but generally rely on you all to tell me what is causing this type if glitch. thanks in advance.

[Post New]by skye_starkey on Jan 7, 15 3:05 PM
I joined BF games this morning & downloaded the free trial onto my PC (running XP). It seemed to download fine & gave me the play option, which I clicked, but this takes me to a black screen for about 3 seconds then sends me directly to the "Thanks for playing" page where I am told that I have 60 minutes of play left & gives me the option to buy...

Am I able to play the free trial or am I being forced to pay for a game I don't know I will like yet???????

I have restarted my PC several times. I have validated my email address. Not sure what else I can do.

Just FYI...Farm Yarn is doing the exact same thing (I downloaded both free trials).

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Jan 11, 15 1:14 PM
mrm2006 wrote:Good morning, everyone!

I hesitate to notify BFG because their last response stated quite emphatically that the issues were NOT the games, but my computer.

Any ideas????

Thanks so much for any ideas, input or assistance.

I have never had this problem with BFG tech support. Granted, in the early days, I would get a bit of a run-around, but lately they just give out a free game coupon. They've been excellent!!
I also couldn't play the secret game after 50 stars, and I started over and can't type in the answers. I also had the same incident with the zodiac sign SCORPIO. Think I'm heading to Tech Support next.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Jan 19, 15 1:37 PM
SilverBranch wrote:Windows 8.1

Unlocked bonus level you get when earning 50 stars. It won't let me play it - I can't even click it. It showed it unlock when I reached the required stars and it's a patterned tile now, not a number, so I know it's open, but it is a non-entity on the board as far as my mouse is concerned.

Disappointing!

Me too - tried with a new profile - it just sits there
I'm running windows 7.

[Post New]by TweedleDum on Jan 19, 15 3:06 PM
TweedleDum wrote:I just downloaded this game and launched it on my Toshiba laptop which is Windows 8.1. I made sure I had default mouse pointer set as the first few times I launched the game I had no cursor. I still have no cursor. I move my mouse around and the button options highlight so I know it is being recognized such as Play, Options, Change Player, and Exit. It is difficult to actually play the game when you cannot see what you are pointing at. where the cursor actually is. Is there some driver that I need? I am pretty techy person but generally rely on you all to tell me what is causing this type if glitch. thanks in advance.

I found the solution from another website "JustAnswerIt". What needed to be done was in the control panel, mouse settings. 1. turn off or uncheck the "hide while typing text" option. 2. turn off or uncheck "use mouse trails". Once I did that and ran thru the compatibility troubleshooter to ensure all settings were registered okay. I got a mouse icon to appear in the game so now I can play it successfully. I am really enjoying it so far.

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Jan 20, 15 4:25 PM
Were you able to play the 50 star bonus level?

Edited on 01/20/2015 at 4:26:00 PM PST

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Feb 3, 15 5:33 AM
cant play the extra level 50 also, and the words scorpio and beetle even when i typed it right did not work

Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Zork1 on Feb 9, 15 5:43 PM
So, I have deleted and reinstalled this game multiple times and I still can not open the bonus level for 50 points.
Is anyone working on this problem?
I'm running windows 7, no other problems with the game, just the feeling that no one cares.

[Post New]by 4BettyBoop35 on Jul 26, 15 7:46 PM
I AM ONLY ON LEVEL 5 AND HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE SECOND LAST CLUE WHICH I BELIEVE TO BE HERBS BUT WHEN I TYPE IT IN IT ERASES AFTER MANY TRIES. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? ALSO THE HINT IS NOT WORTH MUCH--COVERS TOO MUCH. AM NOT GETTING VERY FAR AND GETTING DISCOURAGED WITH THIS GAME. HOPE THE OTHERS WILL BE CLEARER WITH HELPFUL HINTS. NO INSTRUCTIONS WHEN I OPEN GAME LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER PLAYERS .
HELP!!!!

GKay713
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by GKay713 on Nov 23, 15 1:32 PM
I have had the same issues with the level 50 minigame not opening. Have tried under three different usernames. Had same issue with the word 'scorpio' mentioned by somebody else. Also have had clues appear in German on several levels! Thank goodness I could go to wordreference.com since my college German is rusty. I also am running windows 7.

I was on the point of reinstalling the game until I saw that others have had the exact same issues. Is there a fix? Is the program being repaired via an update?

I have finished it under one of my usernames but really hoped to do that secret level 50.

[Post New]by jan698 on Dec 16, 15 12:51 PM
I get a flashing screen too, I use a laptop with windows 10 I tried uninstalling and reinstallng it still won't work its a shame it looks different

[Post New]by cynthiajean56 on Dec 16, 15 1:40 PM
What a shame! I run on Windows 10 and the game will not interface. It looks like it is totally corrupted. It flashes and segments continually. I've uninstalled and installed again twice with no joy.

[Post New]by painin on Dec 16, 15 10:03 PM
Just bought the game and it wont let me put in my name. It wont let me play without a name but the text doesnt appear in the name box Marea

Go to: