bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of Orion: Light from the North here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 23, 14 10:43 AM
Hey cabanaeast18

I'm really sorry to see the game is freezing at the street cover! As silver64 found, it could help to try updating the video card driver in your computer. The help article below has steps that can guide you through this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already tried those steps, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps will be happy to troubleshoot with you

bfgVaiya

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Jan 6, 15 2:08 AM
I'm having the same problem that others are having where it freezes when I use the crowbar to open the sewer to get the green gem. I can move my cursor, but can't close the window, or get out of that part of the game. I keep having to use the task manager. I use Windows 7, & very rarely have trouble with the games. But lately, I've had several tech issues. And, I tried their suggestions in the Help Section, but nothing worked. I'm going to uninstall the game, then reinstall & see if that works. I did get a coupon for another game, but would still like to play this game. It's a good storyline, plus no vampires, or werewolves or other scary stuff. I prefer the fantasy HOGs like this one. Hope there's a fix for this game soon.

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Jan 8, 15 10:17 PM
So near but yet so far. I helped the Elf and received the third token, returned to the lake and received a glowing orb from the gargoyle.

Played the mini game with the guard near the gate and then nothing, what was suppose to happen?

When I use hint I am told to look in the lake near the statue of the guard.

jkshosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jkshosa on Jan 11, 15 10:03 AM
Managed to make it through the game but with alot of freezing and glitches. Had to go completely out of the game and come back in in order to finish what I was doing. Had problems with the match 3 games, that they didn't even work at all and had to skip through them. I am surprised that Big Fish let it go through with so many problems. There have been more games coming out with issues (freezing, crashing).

[Post New]by NORANC59 on Jan 12, 15 5:16 PM
When I try to open the game, I get an "Cage Error" box with the following:

An error has Occurred!

Details:
[hfbase.cpp:135] 'C:/ProgramData/Cateia Games/Myths of
Orion/NoraNC/game.log.hlog/0.log' could not be opened? File appears
to be in use. System error: Permission denied
-------------
Please check if you're running the latest version of the game, it's possible
this issue has previously been reported and fixed.

If not, please contact Tech Support responsible for your copy of the
game.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I have deleted and reinstalled and still keep getting the above message.
Please Help.........Nora

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 19, 15 10:18 AM
Get to where I have to catch the fish for the orc, as soon as I put the net in the water the game freezes and I have to use the task manager to get out of the game, tried it twice and still the same, any suggestions most welcome, don't really want to start over and find it is still the same at that point.

Re:Myths of Orion Tech Problems

[Post New]by Caveboy01 on Feb 2, 15 2:14 PM
Laley61 wrote:I just purchased the game and it freezes up when I take the lid off the pot hole with the crow bar. I've tried re-starting the game and it continues to freeze. It was interesting while it lasted which wasn't long.

I had the same problem. Before using the crow bar I changed from full screen mode to window mode. It did not freeze. I retrieved the brush (I think) and gem and then switched back to full screen mode. I have not encountered a problem since but if one does occur then probably the same solution can be used. I am using Windows XP.

Spykm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Spykm on Feb 10, 15 12:27 PM
I'm having the same problem as Dueler: as soon as I put the fishnet into the water to catch the fish, all of the controls disappear; no map, menu, hint, directional, no nothing but the lovely picture of the green shaman, and the fishnet is gone from my cursor. Used Task Manager to close the game, but since this has happened 4 times now, I expect I won't be able to go further in the game. Disappointed.

Spykm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Spykm on Feb 10, 15 12:38 PM
Ah! Dueler! This is it: the fishnet jumps out of the cursor and is vertical on the far left side of the screen; click on it & it will slap the water & catch the fish! Yay!

Go to: