TGT - Diaper Dash

GreenMeany
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:TGT - Diaper Dash

[Post New]by GreenMeany on Apr 20, 09 5:56 PM
I played in between looking after my kids, doing the dinner, washing the dishes, answering the phone, cleaning after the dog, pumping up my car tyres because the [expletive deleted] bird next door let them down AGAIN!. And I can honestly say with all my heart NO, NO NO FLIPPING WAY.....

i LIVE AND BREATHE CLEANING, NO WAY AM I PLAYING IT!!!

Edited on 04/21/2009 at 9:10:41 AM PST

bep1
Shark
Shark
10,381 Posts

[Post New]by bep1 on Apr 20, 09 7:43 PM
I like time management games, but this was too frantic and nothing special about it.

bitojoy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,788 Posts

[Post New]by bitojoy on Apr 20, 09 7:56 PM
Mmmm dunno - I am still pouting that PF wants to charge ppl for each "installation" of the Hometown Hero (is it called Diners Slipper or stuff such as that) instead of making it an add on pack! So - sighs... I am on a boycott wagon for the dash series at the moment !
and thats all I have to say about that (to quote Forrest Gump)

MintyCuppcake
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,183 Posts

[Post New]by MintyCuppcake on Apr 21, 09 12:39 AM
twilyght wrote:
Aw, thats a shame, I really did like Nannymania. So silly since I *hate* cleaning, but there was something enjoyable about mapping out a strategy to make it through the house and *click*click*click*CLICK* and *done* ha!

other then the fact that for some reason it made my eyes hurt, it's hard to justify a cleaning game when you're surrounded by empty Mountain Dew can and dirty laundry, with the dishes stacked ceiling high!

Ironically enough, I enjoy cleaning

Edited on 04/21/2009 at 12:40:02 AM PST

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 22, 09 10:24 AM
MintyCuppcake wrote:other then the fact that for some reason it made my eyes hurt, it's hard to justify a cleaning game when you're surrounded by empty Mountain Dew can and dirty laundry, with the dishes stacked ceiling high!

Ironically enough, I enjoy cleaning

sounds like my house lol j/k

back on diaper dash... I demo'd it and actually enjoyed it. I liked it better than Carrie and I liked the idea it was a guy running around crazy instead of a girl. I got gold star on every level until I got on the last stage and then I drove myself crazy lol I had to go back to it after I'd gotten more upgrades and try it again.

Very cute so I bought it

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 22, 09 11:24 AM
I like these types of TM as opposed to the buildalot, tribe, genre - I don't know that they belong in the same grouping? or is that just me?? Anyway, I beta's this also, but I have a strong dislike for drag and drop - and that seems to be the method of choice for dash games. I looked at the story as making someone else do it, lol - I was making someone else take care of all the carp - that made me feel powerful, lol.
still wishing for farm mania 2 .. sigh ..

[Post New]by goldenpixie1 on Apr 24, 09 9:11 AM
I'm enjoying this one - sometimes I find that a time management game helps me release all the stress and tension from a workday.

There are some interesting characters in the game - there's the dad that always drops his daughter off and she needs a diaper change immediately......there are couple of kids that look too old to be wearing a diaper....and there are a number of kids that just cry cry cry.

Has anyone come up with a strategy on which upgrades you should buy first?

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on Apr 26, 09 7:25 PM
I always go for diaper upgrade first, then two more charges for the cleaning machine. after that, the radios to make him go faster and then the bonuses to increase happiness (esp the one for the 'waiting room' ) followed by the recharge faster and less messes bonuses. If i have some extra money I throw in the flooring and wallpaper. I almost never go for the bonuses that speed up the stations... I've got too many kids waiting on me already, dont need to add more! lol

oh, and a tip: if a kid is actively using a station you can click on it and clean it without picking up the kid (very handy on the diaper station!)

Edited on 04/26/2009 at 7:28:01 PM PST

bitojoy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,788 Posts

[Post New]by bitojoy on Apr 26, 09 8:10 PM
I enjoyed this demo ..and I agree lol...making a guy do all these chores was a kick!
For some reason I adore all the Dash games ...but my daughter who is with me today can't stand them lol
To each their own I suppose ~ wish they would come out with a complete "pack" for the last of the Hometown Hero series - PF has them individually for sale on their site - I just won't buy there !! nope nope ! But hoping they decide to bundle the last bit and BF gets it when/if they do

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 26, 09 8:11 PM
They bundle them when they have 4 games I believe. That's what the last 2 bundles have been. I think they come out with 4 a year, but not sure on that.

susanszy
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by susanszy on May 1, 09 6:19 AM
Does anyone know what is being said when you click to buy something, or to continue the game? It sounds like 'peppy' but I can't quite make it out.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on May 1, 09 9:42 AM
nothings being said. theres a rattle sound then a baby making a gurgling hick-up sound (to me anyways - either way its definitely a baby sound) it makes the same sound in the game when you pick up a baby.

[Post New]by caribcutie3 on Jun 21, 09 7:28 PM
I would love to play Diaper Dash but when i downloaded the trial, an error message keeps appearing saying the game failed to initialize. I downloaded three others and they opened well. I dont understand. Can anyone help?

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on May 15, 12 10:57 AM
This game should be played in every high school across the nation! This is good for birth control!! I have to play it muted..I can't take those kids screaming!

Go to: