april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Christmas Pets.. What they Eat.. What They Bring

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 11, 14 3:15 PM
It seems the sleigh has stopped giving out the cards. The first 2 days of the Christmas event I got cards from the sleigh every time I sent it out. But now nothing! Just the usual pet food and stamp. I have sent out the sleigh several times today and nothing but the usual. So maybe the sleigh was on a timer to give out cards, and now its over. Or maybe it just gave out cards until we craft our first pet, then it stops.

EDIT: The sleigh is still giving out cards. I got a red one just now. Maybe it just took a break for a while. Or maybe I was naughty!

Edited on 12/11/2014 at 6:36:41 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 11, 14 3:31 PM
It's random, people. Just like everything else in the game.

I wasn't getting cards from the sleigh the first day. Today, I am. But not every time.

In my game, I've received more blue cards than red cards.

Why don't the holiday pets give you cards? Because once you have all the pets, what would you do with the cards?

Christmas is still 2 weeks away. Plenty of time for us to get the cards we need to craft the pets.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 11, 14 3:51 PM
I did get one red card from the airship today........sent ship about 5 times and got just the one.

[Post New]by cjchartier on Dec 11, 14 3:56 PM
Just to update my previous post - I received a green card today from the sleigh, after receiving none for the past 2 days. I does look like it's just a "random" reward after all, much like the snowflakes.

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 11, 14 5:59 PM
I received a lot of Gold Chest form my pets, the only one I don't have is The Little Whit Bear. I have also received a few Silver Chest.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 11, 14 6:41 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Why don't the holiday pets give you cards? Because once you have all the pets, what would you do with the cards?

You could share them with friends who still need them.

Also, in other FTP games on BF, the holiday items dont go away after Christmas. They stay in your inventory and can still be used next year. Im just assuming this game will be the same.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Dec 11, 14 6:59 PM
april3850 wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:

You could share them with friends who still need them.

Also, in other FTP games on BF, the holiday items dont go away after Christmas. They stay in your inventory and can still be used next year. Im just assuming this game will be the same.

Well, April, maybe the developers decided the pets wouldn't bring cards because they didn't want people to be able to finish everything in one day and then spend the next 3 weeks complaining there's nothing to do, when's the next update.

I'm hoping that if the game is still around next Christmas that we will get new things to do. What fun is it opening a quest and having nothing to do but watch the game deduct things from your inventory? Click to open, click to complete. That's not something to look forward to as a special holiday offering, IMO.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Dec 11, 14 7:46 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

Well, April, maybe the developers decided the pets wouldn't bring cards because they didn't want people to be able to finish everything in one day and then spend the next 3 weeks complaining there's nothing to do, when's the next update.

You make a good point. Idk about the update, but probably after Christmas.

Welsh_wizard23
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Welsh_wizard23 on Dec 12, 14 3:52 AM
This has been a useful thread as I decide which of the Christmas pets to craft. I am short of blue stamps so I may only collect enough to craft 2 pets.
I have received stamps from snowflakes with 10 dropped on each of past 2 days. I was keeping track. That ratio was 50 gold drops on one day and 35 on another.
Yes, I need to get a life and finish my real Christmas cards.
The increased gold drop has worked wonders for my gold level which had fallen badly.

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Dec 12, 14 5:27 AM
My Reindeer keeps bringing me gold chests, he's already brought 5, and silver 3 times. My Snowman brought 1 silver and 2 bronze. My Penguin is acting out; first she brought 1 gold chest and then 3 bronze, I don't know what's gotten into her! But my Yeti brought 2 gold ones and 1 bronze. I haven't crafted the White Bear yet. It seems my best Christmas pet is my Reindeer and second best is my Yeti.

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Dec 12, 14 6:14 AM
Now it's 6 Gold Chests from my Reindeer and 2 from my Penguin, 2 from my Yeti, woop woop! I changed the place where I fed the Penguin and it worked, she stopped bringing the Bronze Chests

Drafe
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Drafe on Dec 12, 14 6:40 AM
I crafted the Reindeer first, and IMO it's the best holiday pet to take advantage of the rewards.

Only 4 unique food and an hour wait... gold chest almost every time. No luck so far with the Yeti, 1 platinum and the rest rusty.

I do suggest crafting the Reindeer before the others for this reason. I'm doing the 2 simple food pets (Snowman and Bear) last.

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 6:42:12 AM PST

Welsh_wizard23
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Welsh_wizard23 on Dec 12, 14 7:46 AM
Thanks Drafe
I have crafted the reindeer and have one gold chest and one rusty so far.
Need to keep working on the blue cards.

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Dec 12, 14 9:56 AM
Still haven't received cards from the airship.

For those that have crafted and are feeding your pets. Are you feeding them in random places or have you found some areas better than others to receive the gold?
I realize it varies from game to game, but trying to get a general idea of places to try out first.

Have a good day.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 12, 14 10:01 AM
Toria...........spending diamonds to call the airship is giving me cards!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 12, 14 10:51 AM
I finally was able to craft my reindeer and I've sent him out twice so far. Gold chest the first time and rusty the second . I've learned to be happy with whatever I get because I'm still getting things added to my inventory from these other chests which I know I'll need later at some point. Oh, and I finally got a red card from the last sleigh I sent out so at least I know my game isn't glitched.

ETA: the red card I mentioned above came without spending diamonds on it. But just this last time, I did spend diamonds to see if more cards would appear and I got one blue one. So it does seem very likely that you'll get cards more often when you pay to bring the sleigh back early. And like others have already mentioned, that's always an option if you're low on cards needed to craft your Christmas pets.

Edited on 12/12/2014 at 11:07:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Toria_Valkyrie on Dec 12, 14 10:52 AM
I started a game and went to the Castle Vicinity. Airship was there so I packed and shipped it. Lo and behold, for the first time it gave me a card.

Afterwards, I did try what you suggested. Paid the diamonds to recall it and received another card. So that will be an option if I don't get enough to hatch all the eggs.

Thanks.

Drafe
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Drafe on Dec 12, 14 2:19 PM
I tried the advice about the airship, waiting until I only had to spend one diamond to call it in a little early.

First time, 2 cards, second time 1.

I've never gotten a card when I wait for the timer to complete.

My experience, anyway... that does seem to work.

kithri
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by kithri on Dec 12, 14 3:31 PM
I have gotten all the pets crafted and found that while all do bring gold, I agree the reindeer seems to have the best record. I have been feeding in different rooms and it really hasn't seemed to matter where I feed. BTW at least my snowman is bringing a gold about every 3rd time so he has the second best for gold so far.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Dec 12, 14 3:42 PM
I noticed that when the Christmas event first started, the airship dropped a card each time, don't know if that was just the first day or second one as well. Then it stopped. Now, I only get cards from the airship when I use crystals to bring it back early. I have crafted the reindeer and am very happy with him, doesn't each much, regeneration time is fast and he brings back the goods.

Go to: