yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Graven: The Purple Moon Prophecy here!

[Post New]by yowzasma on Dec 28, 14 9:25 PM
heleanthia wrote:
ethan1404 wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

[Removed by Moderator]

Absolutely loved this game, I could feel all the way through it the care the developers put into it which made it all the more enjoyable

Storyline, music, graphics GOOD JOB !!! & ran into no glitches
Thank you Felix Big Fish for giving this developer a chance & hope to see more from them

& 3/4 out of possible 5 ....( -1/4 for lack of better instructions for mini-games which would help beginners get into HOPAS

Played on PC Win 7/64

Edited on 01/04/2015 at 8:42:29 AM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 3, 15 2:39 PM
Just finished this game. It's unusual for me to play a game straight through, but I wanted to with this one! Really enjoyed it. This was also a rare time that I was wishing there were a bonus chapter.

Kudos to the developers. I hope to see more games from them!

Wigi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Wigi on Jan 3, 15 9:14 PM
Classy game.

Great value, good story (though the ending was a bit anti climatic).

I would have thought you had to place the moonstones not remove them surely?

Excellent HOS and puzzles.

Good artwork and managed to have a real sense of place, (not the garish, over coloured nightmare of the pachyderm lot).

Such a pleasing experience after some recent games and what a normal game should be without half of the elements chopped off to get more money for the CE.

And so nice to see the developer on the forum answering questions.
Much appreciated.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Jan 4, 15 9:13 AM
Excellent game. Better then many of the CE's that we are seeing. My only request would be is that the map be a little more interactive for the casual payer. Otherwise congrats to the developers for a fine effort.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 5, 15 7:21 PM
I'm not good at writing reviews as I don't like to rip a game to pieces analyzing every aspect. But I did feel compelled to post because I had so much fun with this game!! The collectible hunt was awesome and the challenge level of the game as a whole was a refreshing change of pace. This game was challenging, beautifully drawn and just fun to play. I was supposed to be doing all sorts of things around the house yesterday, but couldn't let this one go. A wasted weekend with no household duties accomplished is always a sign of game goodness

This developer is quickly becoming one of my favorites! Hope this game is successful and we get to see more from you. Thank you for a wonderful experience. I will be eagerly anticipating this developer's next offering.

cvstark
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by cvstark on Feb 5, 15 6:32 PM
I am about 95% through the game. It is a very enjoyable game which is challenging with great puzzles and logical scheme. It is well worth getting!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 30, 15 4:14 PM
Well its over. I guess I'm going to be the only negative review of this game, however it did have some good points. The color and animations were excellent. I didn't have any "grainy" issues. Voice overs were very good which is unusual. That's it.

What made the game a drag for me was: The transporter map was limited and only indicated where you were and nothing else..no site lables..nothing..it was useless. This game was all over the place so unless you had an amazing memory you had to use the hint to navigate around and that was sloooooooooow and tedious...click, click, click. The mini games were tedious, not creative and boring and the skip was extremely slow so you were just stuck tapping your nails on the table. Some of the games just clipped by however, but not many. HOS were extremely interactive and the active boxes did not close when you found all that was needed in them so you had to click and click or they kept popping up. Some HOS did have a list, some were shadow find....all this made for a very slow boring game. I really got tired of all the mini games and HOS...way too many.

A lot of cut scenes; way too many for me. Storyline was old. Basically if this game had had a transporter map which showed active areas, cut back and the HOS and the tedious mini games, allowed you to adjust the VERY slow hint and skip..it might have been an OK game. And what's with the mistletoe? I don't like those annoying little pick-up things that have no use at all, and why the achievements?. At least the tiles tied back into the game.

This game was so slow and tedious that I came and went several times as my mind kept drifting off. Despite the great graphics, animations and color I can only give this a 2 out of 5. HOS and mini game lovers will probably like it...but that useless transporter map will ruin it.

Edited on 03/30/2015 at 4:16:59 PM PST

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Apr 8, 15 6:00 PM
Based on completed game: FANTASTIC!
WIN 7 HP 64B & played on 42" TV via HDMI

A huge thanks to fellow-fishie @charlene_lane who recommended this SE. Wow! It's a stupendous CE-worthy SE game. That mistletoe was hard to spot (57/ 70 ). The extra sparkle (on Casual mode) did help a lot. In general, the druid/ magic/ portal stories are my thing and this one did it full justice.

Only (-ve): No updated tasks on the transport map & slow hint. At times, it made game play a bit tedious esp. towards the end w/ all the many trips to and fro via boat.

The puzzles, HOPs and mini-games were all good to excellent. It's also a very long game - over 2 evenings, it took well over 6 hours (or maybe longer, I can't remember). Or maybe it was all that back-and-forth?

The biggest plus was the fab. detailing (and all cut scenes) totally enhanced in large screen- the sides of the well shaft, stonework in the alley, even the scar on Michael's eyebrow.

Edited on 04/08/2015 at 6:14:24 PM PST

Go to: