truman99
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by truman99 on Dec 13, 14 11:18 AM
Based on COMPLETED GAME AND BONUS CHAPTER.

AWESOME GAME !!!! I've just finished this game a few minutes ago, and it was wonderful. It had beautiful graphics, just right for a Christmas game. I found the game to be plenty challenging, because I played with NO black-bar hints. It really put my old brain to work, but in a good way!

I took my time and enjoyed the Christmas atmosphere, but even still it seemed to be quite a long game...well worth the money!

I thought the bonus chapter was brilliant. Thank you so much, ERS and Big Fish Games, for this delightful Christmastime adventure!!!

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Christmas Eve: Midnight's Call Collector's Edition here!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Dec 13, 14 4:03 PM
I didn't like this as well as other ERS games. I think I was spoiled because of the Tin Soldier Hans Christian Anderson game. Might get it when the SE comes out but won't buy the CE. Give this 3 out of 5 stars

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Dec 13, 14 11:01 PM
nowyouvedoneit wrote:I really wanted to love this game because I love ERS games..however I just finished playing Christmas Stories 3:Hans Christen Andersen's Tin Soldier so I was spoiled. I love a game with action...characters interacting and amusing me..and I must admit..I love helpers. I played this game for about 10 minutes..I will go and finish the demo but don't think it will be a buy for me..I will probably use a free coupon when it comes out as a SE...finding gift boxes are the only real achievements I see and they are pretty easy to find. Too much find this..use this..back and forth. Elephant games are outdoing ERS ... that's my opinion.

I so agree with you I loved Christmas Stories 3. everything about it was delightful and the bonus chapters a joy.

Linda

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 14, 14 10:07 AM
I'm in the mood for a good Xmas game but this isn't it...nothing to make it really stand out and yell 'I'm worth the extra $' which basically means I'll wait and get it as a SE (if I get it at all). Looks like I'll be replaying Tin Soldier instead. Maybe if ERS had included more CE extras that I actually want and had made the game longer it would have been different. I had high hopes for this one but....meh. At least they tried. On the plus side the colours were great, the voiceovers were well done IMO and the music wasn't too annoying.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 14, 14 5:55 PM
I didn't care for the story, which could have been played any time of the year. It wasn't a Christmas story, even though you did meet Santa... up in the clouds? Whatever happened to the North Pole?

The "good sister, bad sister" is such an old story, and not worthy of a Christmas story.

I also didn't care for the hyperactive Snowman. No sooner did I enter a scene, and he went hopping mad - literally. I would have preferred it if the Snowman didn't act up, and let me first find an object I cannot reach by myself, and then use him. Instead he spoilt it by giving it away right at the start of a new scene. LOL

I do wish other developers would also start providing us with a Christmas story. I love Christmas games, but this one was not one of them.

In fact, I was so disappointed with this game that I reinstalled the 2 previous Christmas games from Elephant Games, and will replay them now. I LOVED EG's latest Christmas game.

--- --- ---

Forgot to mention: one thing I really liked about the game was that the characters lips moved, and moved really well.

Edited on 12/14/2014 at 5:57:07 PM PST

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Dec 16, 14 8:14 AM
For me it could have been a really-REALLY good game, were it not for the annoying minigames, inwhich I had to skip almost all the minigames, that were, for me unplayable for so many reasons, either it was trial'n'erro approach, which i hate, or they were so illogical, that they were no fun at all to play, and somes settings were simply wrong in my book. It's sad, because it could have been a winner, with more playable minigames. It's a game that make look MUCH-MUCH dumber, than I know I am But even so I would rate it 3 out of 3 xmas stars, since the gameplay was very diverse, and the game looked beautifull. Just a shame with the minigames.

Edited on 12/16/2014 at 8:16:20 AM PST

WaxArtist
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by WaxArtist on Dec 20, 14 1:17 PM
I am not an experienced gamer and I find this game very difficult. Even using hints and collector's guide, I can't solve the puzzles so I skip them. They don't have clear instructions on how to do things. So, although I usually like ERS games, I am putting this one away.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Dec 23, 14 4:01 PM
I rather liked this game had some cute graphics. The dragon or what ever it was had cute red shoes.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Dec 26, 14 11:41 AM
I absolutely loved this game. And I have to say that I did like it better then the tin soldier. The tin soldier seemed to short but the length of this game was perfect, I was a little worried at first because I didn't collect all the gifts but the bonus game had the rest. certainly want to see more games like this.

lindylu22
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by lindylu22 on Jan 7, 15 1:58 PM
I too wanted to like this game but there was just too much running back and forth to different areas for me. Graphic's were wonderful. The game just exhausted me.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 10, 15 6:01 AM
Great game!

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jan 15, 15 8:56 PM
Too creepy, cutesy, and disjointed; death & early childhood trauma: merry, merry! A kitchen-sink amalgam of Xmas tchochkes. The hyperkinetic snowman "helper" an unfortunate addition; beyond irritating. Demo ended before possible to see Santa in flying machine, thank goodness. No buy here.

Go to: