Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Christmas Wonderland 5 here.

[Post New]by buick4 on Dec 16, 14 12:46 PM
S3E application launcher has stopped working is what I get when I try to open game

Wicked500
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Wicked500 on Dec 16, 14 12:58 PM
liliaapolline wrote:I do not even get an error message, just a black square on screen for a couple of seconds and then the message in game manager

Times running Out you have 60 minutes left to play, purchase etc...

SO GLAD I did not purchase it, would have been the 6th game that fails to run.

I am using windows 8 and I would love to send a screen shot, but it is not on screen long enough to capture anything!

Same thing happened, I uninstalled and reinstalled it with the same problem. I have only liked the first game the rest to me were to commercialized. I didn't like the mall scenes. I'm always willing to try out the series, but if I can't get it to play BFG won't get my money

[Post New]by tsmcgaha on Dec 16, 14 1:07 PM
Running Windows 7. Just purchased and downloaded this game. It will not launch, and gives an error message "s3e application launcher has stopped working". I have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc., to no avail. I see lots of people are having the same issue. Help!

BEN1972
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by BEN1972 on Dec 16, 14 1:20 PM
I have found a solution to the problem. Go into the Main game file and look for the icon with ...ChristmasWonderland5Launcher and right click and send to desktop as shortcut. Change the name if you wish. Good luck.

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Dec 16, 14 1:55 PM
I am running Yosemite on my MacBook Pro. The game opens way too large and is unplayable.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Dec 17, 14 4:18 AM
I too have a Macbook Pro and the game is too large on screen so cannot play it. Is there a solution to this please anyone?

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Dec 17, 14 4:27 AM
i tried to continue my game, it opens normaly but when i push the button continue
i get this message

Memory exception (11) attempting to access: 00000014 [ip=01A7ABC6]

and the game closed

i have windows XP

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 17, 14 6:22 AM
Ppapier wrote:No virus warning, but I can't open the game. I have Windows 7 and I keep getting an error message....

I have exactly the same problem. Running Windows 7, too.

[Post New]by River_Wolf on Dec 17, 14 10:27 PM
I, too, am getting the black boxes that ultimately take me back to the game manager.

First black box says:
This build does not support SW rendering, and the device does not have HW support.

Second black box says:
Memory exception (11) attempting to access: 00001FD2 [ip=01806A65]

In the past I really enjoyed playing the Christmas Wonderland series and was looking forward to this one.

I hope a fix is sent out soon ~ it would be like a little present!

I am running XP. Yep ~ know it's an oldie, but can't help it - I just love it . . .

~Happy Holidays to All~

Edited on 12/17/2014 at 10:28:56 PM PST

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Dec 18, 14 8:29 AM
I JUST purchased the game but I can't get it to open at all. I get a small black screen quickly and then nothing. I am on Windows 8

I also get - s3eMallocBase [102 bytes] failed because heap 48 is not created

Edited on 12/18/2014 at 10:59:23 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Dec 18, 14 9:10 AM
G'day,

I wanted to pop in and let you know that we've been looking into the reported trouble with Avast from our end, as these warnings are something that we take very seriously here at Big Fish.

We run all of our games through a suite of anti-virus programs (Avast included) prior to release so that we can be sure that all games we release are safe and not triggering any false positives in these programs.

If you're still seeing a warning, please open the Avast program on your system and see if there is an update waiting. You should find that this file is no longer triggering a warning and that you can install without further trouble.

We are also looking into the commonalities between the systems of users seeing the black boxes and game shutting down when trying to play.

If you haven't already done so, please reach out to Customer Support and we'll help in any way that we're able.

bfgMurrumbidgee

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Dec 18, 14 10:31 AM
Thanks for letting us know, Murrumbidgee! I hadn't downloaded it yet, but will give it a try now! Happy Holidays!

ETA--I did download (I have free Avast) and played the demo with no problems!

Edited on 12/19/2014 at 7:39:06 AM PST

[Post New]by trish1106 on Dec 19, 14 1:55 AM
getting an error message while trying to run this game BFG very helpful and have sent a report to the manufacturers...the error message is ......memory exception(11) attempting to access 000000F6 (IP= 595EABC6) ... hoping they will be able o sort out this little problem for me

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Dec 19, 14 7:04 PM
Sorry you are all having so many issues. I am still on Windows XP and I had no problems whatsoever. I dont have any suggestions for how to fix the issues, but I guess the newer operating systems just cannot handle this easy of a game. Merry Christmas to all in the pond and I hope you can eventually play this delightful game.

[Post New]by elspups1 on Dec 19, 14 7:12 PM
I have not purchased this game yet (fortunately). I'm running Windows 7 and can't open it. All I'm getting is a empty black box that flashes for a second then disappears. The game then tells me how much time I have left.

[Post New]by hoyamom02 on Dec 20, 14 6:54 AM
I too have a Macbook Pro and the game is too large on screen so cannot play it. I do not have this issue with other games I've purchased.

maryheim1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by maryheim1 on Dec 20, 14 12:51 PM
I had a problem with Evil Pumpkin The lost halloween, and I had to go to another vendor because BFG couldn't fix it, so I went to another vendor to download and play Christmas Wonderland 5, it works fine, no problems

[Post New]by ecohen70101 on Dec 21, 14 7:52 AM
I'm one of those Mac users with the game coming on HUGE on the screen and unplayable. Not to mention... trying to fix it caused the time in my demo to diminish.

[Post New]by iampwb on Dec 21, 14 6:58 PM
I'm trying to play this on a 15 inch MacPro with retina display, and when the game loads it is so large that I can only see 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen. I can barely enter my name, and there is no place to actually start the game because I can't see the whole game screen.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 22, 14 1:47 PM
Hey Everyone

I first want to thank all of our PC players for your patience while we look into the issues with the game shutting down or showing black boxes. We've yet to receive an update on this, but please be assured, we'll let you know as soon as we know anything new

For those who are playing on Mac and having trouble with the game displaying too large for the screen, there are a couple of things you can try. First, it can help to put the game in windowed mode by pressing Alt+Enter on your keyboard.

The other thing to try is lowering the screen resolution until it allows the game to fit better. If you'd like to try adjusting the screen resolution, I've included the help article below for steps on how to do this:

Screen Resolution

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

Go to: