JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom. Let's write reviews

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 29, 09 12:34 AM
I liked the game very much. The only minigame I would have changed was the log sliding game. It would have been better to be able to complete it each time by moving logs, rather than using the axe ( my opinion anyway)

[Post New]by topple on Apr 29, 09 11:35 PM
maybe it would be better to make limited axes...

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 29, 09 11:41 PM
I loved the game. I thought the artwork was outstanding, the music was perfect, and it was a great deal of fun to play. I hope there will be a sequel. I've never played anything quite like it.

[Post New]by cassy777 on May 6, 09 12:59 AM
yeah, yeah, yeah! everything is remarcable in this game!
developers did well!
now i love this game most of all others!

[Post New]by Esterele on May 6, 09 1:01 AM
The game is in top 100 for two weeks and you love! This is the best award for us.
Thank you for everyone.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on May 8, 09 11:39 PM
I couldn't stop playing this game..i truly loved it .. it was entertaining and i also enjoy games that someone like me can finish without getting frustrated . i wish we had more games like this.

thank you ;
i was glad i purchased it

[Post New]by Esterele on May 15, 09 1:40 AM
Guys! Cindy's Travels has its page on Facebook - find the game there and become a fan!

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Mar 14, 10 11:08 AM
This is definitely not your ordinary match 3 game! And this is very good!

I've played through the 1 hr demo and these are my thoughts on the game.

I thought that Cindy should start out on the edge of the board on all the levels - she didn't on the first few.

I like the "find the objects" mini game. Reminded me of the Liong games (find all the pearls, etc). This is a nice touch & a break from the match 3 format.

I liked the path idea and have to go to different areas of the game board to solve different tasks. (Absolutely LOVED the stupid knight!!!)

I also like no timer, although I would like to see a score of some kind - something to try to beat the next time through.

The hexs filling from different directions - have yet to figure out the pattern there - makes moving Cindy more challenging.

I like match 3 games in general - very good for turning your brain off! - but this is different - more of a thinking match 3. All in all, I'd say this is a very good game 5 I would like to see more of this kind - take a standard idea and change it to make a novel, unusual game. Congratulations to the games developers for coming up with a new twist on match 3.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 14, 10 12:02 PM
I have not played yet (will soon), but for those who cannot stand the "flashing" of the path, it can be turned off. See this thread for how and what to watch for:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/30923.page

There are a couple of other games with the "follow the path" goal:

Hidden Wonders of the Depths
The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirate
(only part of the gameplay)

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Mar 14, 10 5:05 PM
This is a great game! I saw it was the daily deal today so tried it out, and ran out the demo hour before I knew it, so I bought it - oops, used a game credit! Just finished the game a little while ago on the standard difficulty setting - so a good 6 hour play for me - and it's WELL worth the price even at a full game credit price! The match 3 is completely different from any other I've played, and I like that I'm making matches to move through the kingdom and advance my character from scene to scene. The mini games are so well integrated into the game I didn't even realise for the first few that those were the mini games, they blend in so nicely to gameplay. Lovely artwork and fun story, I was smiling the entire way through! I hope they come out with another game like this soon!

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Mar 14, 10 5:16 PM
Enjoyable game! Should have been doing something else today and played the game through instead.

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Mar 16, 10 7:32 PM
I really like this game because it is the type of game that you can play for a short while, but it can become addictive and the short while ends up being longer than you expected. It is a pleasant change from hidden object games (although there are some hidden object sections within the game). I think the fact that there isn't a score keeper helps make it a relaxing game. I am very glad I bought this game!

Boone1940
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Boone1940 on Mar 23, 10 1:09 PM
Thank you to the Game Developers for asking our opinion. After all my years as a Big Fish player, this is a first - posting reviews...something I've wished for a long time.

I liked this game overall including the funny story line. I agree with most of what K said on the first page. I LOVE THE ABILITY TO ADJUST THE GAME DIFFICULTY. I LOVE THE NO TIME LIMIT.

The only limiting thing was the dragging to connect the tiles; it caused me to have to stop the game and come back later because my hands were tired.
I didn't have any problem with not knowing what level to play. Just look where the flag is. I may have just been lucky that I didn't have to stop playing in the middle of a level.

Thank you very much for an excellent funny game. If you make a sequel, please don't change any of the good things about this excellent game with funny and excellent graphics. They wrecked Westward by changing the style of gameplay, sounds and graphics after the first one.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 7, 10 12:40 AM
All I have to say is.......when is the 2nd one coming out?? Awesome game!! Different and unique!! Thank you,

Anna1782
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Anna1782 on May 21, 10 2:23 AM
Love it! My applauses to the developers!

[Post New]by unicornfish on May 28, 10 12:57 AM
Anna1782 wrote:Love it! My applauses to the developers!

My applauses too!

scuther
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by scuther on Nov 8, 10 12:31 PM
Could someone please explain the laser light? Not quite sure how it works. I did get some three in a row but I don't know how I did it.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Nov 27, 10 9:45 AM
I, too, have tried this game and am enjoying it. The chain effect in this game remind me of Heroes of Hellas 1 & 2. I think this one is a keeper.

Dianeteacher
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Dianeteacher on Nov 27, 11 5:54 AM
I thought this was a kids' game - boy was I wrong! It is a really delightful game that can be played by ages 6-106!

At $2.99 it was an even better game. I am glad that it was one of Felix favorites!

See you all around the pond...

Diane

'

Go to: