Re:Welcome to Cate West - The Velvet Keys forum

[Post New]by essoilsgreen on Jul 21, 09 8:49 AM
I thought the game was very good, I enjoyed playing. The only place that I did get stuck was at the clock behind the mirror but found the the answer in the walkthrough. I was a bit dissapointed with myself for having to stoop so low but hey! we are not all perfect.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Jul 26, 09 11:52 AM
Hi essoilsgreen! Don't feel bad, I often have to stoop to those walkthroughs...I think I get too frustrated too quickly!

I the Cate West series....this one wasn't quite as good as the first one, but I really hope they come out with a third one. I can't wait!!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 8, 10 2:40 PM
Hi Folks

Just wanted to add my 2cents worth:

I demoed it and decided to buy it because I found the game plays to be rather interesting -- I particularly liked the "See the Difference" scenes in which you place the items that are missing from one scene or the other RATHER than trying to ascertain what is missing or added. I've found the "See the Difference" in other games to be rather interesting(?) -- differences so minute that without hints, one (or at least I -- who is not bad at seeing differences as I use my eyes more than my ears due to the fact that I am hard-of-hearing) to other areas within the same 2 pictures where the difference is rather obvious but is not included in the gameplay.
This version of "Seeing the Difference" is rather refreshing.

I do have to agree with most of the opinions about the junkpiles. I LOVE HOGS but these junkpiles are really overboard.

Just my 2 cents worth

MEnr56

bellagoth
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by bellagoth on May 8, 10 9:08 PM
I'm not a HOG fan, but once in awhile there's an addicting one and I can enjoy it. This one wasn't one of those. I don't think it was only due to the dismal scenes, but the story was lacking. Some good background music would have helped too. I do have to say the scenes where you compare pictures and add the missing objects was a lot more fun than the usual find-the-object games. I don't know whether I would have been one of those whose game locked up, as I couldn't bring myself to keep playing long enough to find out. I won't be buying this one.

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on May 15, 11 1:57 PM
This game is ok, but I will not be purchasing. The graphics were ok, but there was too much time wasted with her visuals. I found the story dull, the HOG part good and the graphics annoying.

[Post New]by casfish on Nov 2, 11 12:29 AM
you forgot to put " excrutiatingly" in front of boring

Go to: