Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Dec 26, 14 2:24 PM
Well, I would say that the reviews for this game are kind of split down the middle! Half for and half a "no go". I personally like the game very much and I hate to admit, but a few of the games really got me frustrated. Overall, I thought the graphics beautiful (didn't mind the colors), the music was a little over-played but not overly annoying, the storyline, while not original, was still interesting, the diversity of the HOS was nice and there was quite a few "extras" that would certainly be worth the price of a CE. I didn"t pay anything as i had two game credits, but I would have paid the asking price! My only criticism is the Alternate ending - why bother?! And that's all I'm saying about that.
Everyone enjoy the Holidays, which ever you celebrate and BE SAFE!!!

feenix

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ldecar on Jan 1, 15 8:56 PM
Enjoyable game but it was really short (or else too easy). Shortest bonus chapter that I've ever come across. Wish the reviews had a "length of play" bar.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Jan 4, 15 8:18 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who couldn't remove those darn sparkles! That drives me nuts. Do not help me!! (Unless I ask for it.) The story was awful. I have no idea what was going on. But I don't care about the stories usually. Very few have I ever thought were good stories.

Is it just me or are the Bonus Chapters written by someone else? The Bonus Chapter in this had completely different "speak". There were typos, but it just sounded so bad. Who wrote the dialog??

The mini games were challenging enough. It just went too fast. It felt like every new room had about 4 items to find and then use in the same room. It could've been more challenging. The graphics were awesome. That old lady was creepy cool!

It was all right.

kmills1944
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by kmills1944 on Jan 11, 15 7:38 AM
i liked the game except like the others said it seemed very short for a ce.i really liked finding the figurines and collectibles and the word lists,the pairs and the sillouettes.its nice to have a variety.in my opinion tho there are still too many mini games.i buy hidden object games for hidden object scenes and some have more mini games than hos. but like i said the only real problem i had was that it was too short for a ce

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jan 20, 15 3:39 PM
heleanthia wrote:Am I the only one who sees that the story used for this game is
almost identical to the book by
Agatha Christie; "And then there were none"; even featuring the avenging judge and the various characters who had not been meted their appropriate sentences...

Is there a reference at the end of the game?

No, you're not the only one. I'm late here because I waited for the SE, and then for a sale. I came to say that anyone who liked this would also like the book "And Then There Were None" (also issued in England as "Ten Little Indians") or probably any of the I think 3 movie versions. I am nowhere near the end of the game and will try to forget that you said "judge" but am enjoying it.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jan 25, 15 3:24 PM
Based on completed game:

A great game w/ the usual 5-star standard of Elephant games. After playing the CE demo, I knew it would be a definite buy as a SE. Sharp, well-detailed graphics, colours to suit the spooky atmosphere and add to that 'avenging' theme in each scene. I mute all sound, so, I don't know about music/VOs.

A fairly lengthy game w/ a very interesting story - as @heleanthia said, it did remind me of Agatha Christie's story.

Such beautiful detail in every HOP along w/ interesting puzzles.

As always, Elephant has an uncanny way to make me feel part of the story no matter how much back-and-forth is involved. Also, SE players are not left hanging or punished for not buying CEs. Great job, Devs. - you'll never disappoint! Deserves

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on May 15, 15 7:38 PM
My favorite of the Haunted Hotel Series so far, if you've been following the adventures with James this is an excellent continuation. It's plot line resembled Agatha Christie's Mystery Classic 10 Little Indians (also titled And Then There were None). The artwork was suburb, the storyline was creepy without being over the top and the music was excellent. I liked the bonus story. If you like the series, even though the main story has an adequate ending, spring for the CE--it's well worth it.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on May 18, 15 8:30 PM
Loved this game. It was creepy just like I like. Although I did find the bonus game way to short. And until I read some reviews I didn't even realize it was like Ten little Indians which is my favorite book. But yea now that I think of it, it does remind me of that book . I was also reading there were some other haunted hotel games. I only know of this one and a newer one that just came out. So I guess I have to go check those other ones out.

Go to: