MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fill And Cross Christmas Riddles

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 22, 14 7:14 AM
kimnick wrote:i keep getting access violation

I am also getting access violation and I have to actually MANUALLY shut down my computer in order to get out of the game; this game TOTALLY freezes up my computer which is rather confusing since my computer is slightly over a year old.

I was really hoping that I'd be able to play this game as this is the type of game that I've been more and more leaning towards away from the hidden object type games.

Merry Christmas all

MEnr56

[Post New]by woodzee45 on Dec 22, 14 7:44 AM
Same problem as everybody else Anybody had any luck getting to play yet?

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Dec 22, 14 7:47 AM
katy12250 wrote:Load game - check - twice actually
Install game - check - again twice
Get the BF and 8Floor splash screens & then the pretty Christmas picture. No items to check. No menu showing. When I Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game to task manager, I find there is an access violation.
I tried installing/uninstalling twice with exactly the same result.
Running on Windows 7.
And since everyone else who is trying the game is getting the same error, I really don't think it's my computer.

Same here.

[Post New]by bombay2 on Dec 22, 14 8:21 AM
It seems I'm not the only one with tech issues with this game. I love these types of games and hopefully you tech people can solve the problem.
I'm also using a pc. I have installed and uninstalled 3 times and still get the same thing. It gets to the pretty screen with no options to play.
Please fix asap!!!

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Dec 22, 14 9:16 AM
This game was clearly not ready to release. I'm having the same problem as Katy and everyone else - windows 8

[Post New]by Jan82555 on Dec 22, 14 9:56 AM
Ok. Add me to the above list! Love these types of games. What a same it does't work!!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Dec 22, 14 10:38 AM
katy12250 wrote:Load game - check - twice actually
Install game - check - again twice
Get the BF and 8Floor splash screens & then the pretty Christmas picture. No items to check. No menu showing. When I Ctrl-Alt-Del out of the game to task manager, I find there is an access violation.
I tried installing/uninstalling twice with exactly the same result.
Running on Windows 7.
And since everyone else who is trying the game is getting the same error, I really don't think it's my computer.
When is this going to be fixed since I'm a big fan of 8Floor games. I'm just glad that I didn't buy without trying.

Exactly the same for me. I've never had a problem with Fill & Cross games before. Must be an issue with this particular one. Hopefully it is fixed.

qtpi1203
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by qtpi1203 on Dec 22, 14 10:45 AM
HELLO???? 8Floor is anyone listening? I too am having the same problem. Seems the list is getting longer by the minute.

dibbles2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by dibbles2 on Dec 22, 14 11:00 AM
I am having the same problem as everybody else.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 22, 14 11:15 AM
Hey Everyone

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with an access violation error! I'd like to recommend checking out the following help article for steps that can help with this kind of error:

Access Violation

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and a detailed description of both the issue and the steps you've tried. Our Reps will be happy to work with you and also forward information from what you've tried to the appropriate team so we can investigate this on our end.

bfgVaiya

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 22, 14 11:35 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Everyone

I'm really sorry to see how many of you are having trouble with an access violation error! I'd like to recommend checking out the following help article for steps that can help with this kind of error:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=711">Access Violation </a>

If the issue continues, or if you've already tried those steps, please contact our Technical Support Team <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">HERE</a> with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix Report</a> and a detailed description of both the issue and the steps you've tried. Our Reps will be happy to work with you and also forward information from what you've tried to the appropriate team so we can investigate this on our end.

bfgVaiya

EXCUSE ME BUT if EVERYONE is having the EXACT SAME ISSUE, then it's NOT everyone's computers -- IT'S THE GAME!!!! BTW, I have yet to read 1 gamer say that he/she downloaded AND PLAYED this game without any issues.

MEnr56

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 11:37:13 AM PST

[Post New]by poohbearis25 on Dec 22, 14 11:48 AM
I tried to open this game twice, got access violations both times. Tried on our other computer and it crashed it when trying to download the game. WHAT is wrong with this game and when will it be fixed? ON a PC.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 8:43:19 PM PST

chanda57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by chanda57 on Dec 22, 14 12:13 PM
Same as everyone else. Game just does not work.

[Post New]by charonnelutton on Dec 22, 14 12:24 PM
I have the same issue as katy12250. I am a big fill and cross fan, will the be fixed?

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Dec 22, 14 12:33 PM
Hi BF:

Geesh - I LOVE BF but this just isn't my week. However, I hate to be that little "snarky" girl again especially after taking on Jessica's list this week.

However - this game will not load and it is NOT my computer. Hate to tell you that. I am fairly certain as I have 2 computer gurus here with me right now laughing at me. Unlike poor "moi" who is laughably ignorant on all aspects of computers - they are brilliant. One is a high and mighty MIT grad - so arrogant and snooty is he! He is our Pet Nerd. LOL The other is more brilliant even though he went to a third rate university. Come to think about it - what does he know? Why do we all have that opinion of him? Darned if I know. I guess he just told us he was brilliant, come to think about it.

Anyway, they seem to think it is on YOUR end, so I will take their word for it. I receive an error message and it froze up. Needs to be fixed and that is all I know.

Anyway, IT IS ON YOUR END. So - FIX IT! LOL I so wanted to play this game being addicted to these Nonograms! Sorry to be so negative lately. BF is still my favorite game supplier.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 5:25:09 PM PST

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Dec 22, 14 12:34 PM
Same experience as everybody else. I get to the pretty picture and there is nothing else. Have to start Task Manager to dump game. Windows 7. I have LOTS of 8Floor Games which run just fine, but this is a no-go.

[Post New]by stricklands on Dec 22, 14 1:23 PM
me too.

diamondgirlva
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by diamondgirlva on Dec 22, 14 1:23 PM
Same as everyone else...Access Violations and having to Ctrl Alt Delete

[Post New]by RockinOne on Dec 22, 14 2:56 PM
Same problem as everyone else. My computer is old, and I am on Windows Vista. However, based on all the comments above, it doesn't seem to work with newer versions either.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Dec 22, 14 3:32 PM
W7, same issue as everyone else.

What I find unbelievable is that despite there not being a single review in the Review thread - because no-one can get past the opening screen - and despite the fact that the Tech Issues thread is FULL of every person having the exact same issue, BFG STILL trot out the same old suggestions, thereby making it out to be the fault of every single one of their customers who tried to play the game rather than their own fault for not making sure the game works before releasing it to their customers!

I love these games and was really looking forward to a new one, but I guess it wasn't to be.

Go to: